FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#99084 - 10/04/04 09:46 AM Awesome training clip
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.canadas-best.com/images/ISRPM_clipDSL.wmv

(right click save as)

My friend and coach Luis Gutierrez.

[This message has been edited by Fletch1 (edited 10-04-2004).]

#99085 - 10/04/04 10:18 PM Re: Awesome training clip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Fletch 1

That's some great stuff!!!!

This is the type of trainng that I was talking about in a previous post.....no sport to be seen....just survival....
This is reality....not sparring....I don't consider that any of the LIVE drills that are shown in this clip are in the catagory of sparring...there are no rounds...there is no ref.....the encounter is over quickly....there is no long drawn out confrontation of trading blows.....these are drills in my opinion....unchoreographed reality based drills.....that happen to be live...

Love your work!!

The Wolf

#99086 - 10/07/04 03:49 AM Re: Awesome training clip
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Wolf:
Hey Fletch 1

That's some great stuff!!!!

This is the type of trainng that I was talking about in a previous post.....no sport to be seen....just survival....
This is reality....not sparring....I don't consider that any of the LIVE drills that are shown in this clip are in the catagory of sparring...there are no rounds...there is no ref.....the encounter is over quickly....there is no long drawn out confrontation of trading blows.....these are drills in my opinion....unchoreographed reality based drills.....that happen to be live...

Love your work!!

The Wolf

[/QUOTE]

But you want to know something interesting wolfy? Each and every one of those guys HAS ALREADY put more time in sparring than you can even begin to contemplate.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that sparring has no place in self defense training. They woulndn't be able to do half of what they do if it weren't for it.

Fletch will tell you the same thing.

-John

#99087 - 10/07/04 10:12 PM Re: Awesome training clip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi again

Here's my two cents....

I didn't say that sparring has no place.....I said that sparring doesn't have a place in the street.
And....sparring is not the only way to learn fighting skill.(Believe it or not)I've seen this with various class mates....
Just to clarify....are you telling me that a person who has never sparred is incapable of the type of manoeuvres that we've seen in the clip? Does everyone who is interested in protecting themselves have to fight in the ring??
Does everyone need to follow the sporting methods of teaching martial arts?

I like to spar myself..... and I do so relatively often for three or four rounds at a time...padded up...in a controlled environment.

But I make the distinction between sport and survival....I would not fight in the same manner that I do in the ring when I'm in the street.....(in fact I can't....it's not legal in the ring)..before I started modifying my training (to very similar to what's in the clip) I would have tried to use stick and move in the street (I have and I've paid for it)....

There are people in my class who have never sparred.....and let me tell you that they can utilise a takedown and control the situation pretty quick. They have been taught to have this response through live drilling (not ring sparring)
Can they fight in the ring? .... No...they do not train for this. Can they roll with BJJ Black Belts?... No .. they do not train for this.... Can they win the UFC? ...No they do not train for this....

They train to be able to defend themselves..
The system I do aims to teach the average person to defend themselves....not to win titles. Anyway....trained martial artists are usually disciplined enough not to fight in the street...an assailant is more likely to be a thug with no discipline or honour ....this is the assailant we train for.
The average person will experience an adrenal dump.....we keep techniques simple and encourage muscle memory to aid in the adrenal dump (by having set responses to certain situations that we perform regularly )...
I can't agree with you about needing to know how to spar before you can do anything else....I have seen that this is not true through my own experience....

The Wolf

[This message has been edited by The Wolf (edited 10-07-2004).]

#99088 - 10/07/04 11:27 PM Re: Awesome training clip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad you liked the clip. It always gets my blood pumping.

As for sparring? Depends on your definition. The training on the clip was done "alive" with varying degrees of resistance. It was not simply a rehearsed demonstration. This is how they train/ drill with a different set of "rules". An eye opener to those who think SBGi is all about sport.

The video is a highlight clip from Luis G's soon to be released ISR-PM and Jits With Hits videos.

While I agree with John that my friends on the video all have a great deal of flight time, anyone training alive can benefit. Sparring will absolutely smoothe the transitions and accelerate the learning curve in my opinion.

The worst thing anyone can do though is focus on the techniques presented while dismissing the concepts of timing, energy and motion.

#99089 - 12/02/04 03:21 AM Re: Awesome training clip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutely brilliant, my kinda stuff!

RBSD at it's best!

Fletch, thank you and your friends for producing such a great clip and pass on my thanks and regards please.

Take care,

Gaffer.

#99090 - 12/02/04 03:39 AM Re: Awesome training clip
Ed Glasheen Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newburgh,NY,USA
What the hell was that? Sorry looked like a bunch of kids playing grabass. Did not inspire me. Ed

#99091 - 12/02/04 08:30 AM Re: Awesome training clip
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fletch1:
http://www.canadas-best.com/images/ISRPM_clipDSL.wmv

(right click save as)

My friend and coach Luis Gutierrez.

[This message has been edited by Fletch1 (edited 10-04-2004).]
[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed that clipp, it looks like our dojo on a Saturday afternoon, the music is perfect!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#99092 - 12/02/04 09:23 AM Re: Awesome training clip
John_C Offline
Enthusiast

Nice clip - how were the guys training the knees? (They can't have been connecting at that speed, surely?)

Who was the fellow shadow boxing in between the action clips?

#99093 - 12/02/04 09:50 AM Re: Awesome training clip
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ed Glasheen:
What the hell was that? Sorry looked like a bunch of kids playing grabass. Did not inspire me. Ed[/QUOTE]

Ed,

As we have had many disagreements in the past, I am not surprised that you do not like the clip. This is not the first time you have posted a short, biting remark about something you choose to dismiss.

I am sorry it did not inspire you. It was a highlight clip. That is all.

To everyone else,

Enjoy the clip and look forward to more.

Fletch

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga