FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#97218 - 05/06/04 12:00 AM School Fighting
Professional Offline

School Fighting has always been really pissy to me, because everyone is watching, you hurt them you end up in Juevinile(spelling?)
and loosing is like embarrising as hell.
I have been in Aikido since age 6(I'm 15) and i have never had to use it. But since people at my age have less pain tollerence they are easier to take out/kill.
So people that have fought in school what did you end up doing?

#97219 - 05/06/04 05:42 AM Re: School Fighting
kiwi Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wellington New Zealand
Learn grappling. You can controll them lock them up, make them squeel without really hurting them.

#97220 - 05/06/04 05:17 PM Re: School Fighting
Professional Offline

The other problem with fighting in my school, is that i am the only person who is not everyones cousin. If you beat the crap out of one Juan Romero, then he get 20 other Juan Romeros to stap you. So...that might change peoples opinions on fighting?

#97221 - 05/07/04 12:05 AM Re: School Fighting
exceptionist 2 Offline
one arm napalm punch

Loc: Kanagawa Tokyo, Japan
Hey Pro, You dwell in the Cali region or Texas? Short answer though, why isolate yourself from the "Romeros"?, subliminal hint of another underlying issue, try getting to know one or two of them. I'll tell you this much; to them you being "different" with the addition of being distant=the projection of the age old superiority complex, inturn it will urk a few people=negative attention to you. Think about it. Covert feelings with Overt imagery, or "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".

the exception

#97222 - 05/07/04 08:25 AM Re: School Fighting
Professional Offline

I live in New Mexico.
I am friends with many of them...just with about 1500 of them(exact Number) you cant know them all.

#97223 - 05/09/04 05:27 AM Re: School Fighting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I learned Kempo at a young age and most people knew I was learning this style so they were smart enough to avoid a fight with me... then I went to high school and it was the exact opposite, if they knew I was into martial arts, it usually meant that some idiot would want to "try me out".

I'd usually try to avoid the fight if I could but we all know what happens when we back down so I waited until this person wanted to pick a fight with me and I cut loose on him with just about evryone watching... teachers and all.

Yeah, I got in trouble for it and so did the other guy (suspended for 2 days) but after that, nobody wanted any part of fighting me and I didn't have to hurt this guy other than just knocking him down a few times.

Now, if his friends would have jumpped in to help him out, I'm sure I would have done some actual damage to stop them.

Being that you're pretty far advanced in Aikido, I'm sure you know how to win a fight without doing any permanent damage. The idea is to avoid the fight if you can but end it qiuckly and with as little force as possible when you can't just walk away.
Now, if you're ganged up on or a weapon is pulled out, you are legally entitled to protect yourself, this doesn't mean kill just cuz you're out numbered or weapons are involved, but it does mean you can use a lot more force if needed.

#97224 - 05/09/04 09:38 AM Re: School Fighting
Professional Offline

If more than one person pull knives, i guess i would have to use my cross country skills on them.

#97225 - 05/24/04 01:12 PM Re: School Fighting
otobeawanker Offline

Loc: CANADA
Hit first and hit often.

#97226 - 05/30/04 06:05 AM Re: School Fighting
Chang Wufei Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
I think I can help you here because of my situation. I'm 15 also. I've been doing Jeet Kune Do for 4 years, and western boxing. Both work great, especially if you cross train.

You can't always avoid the fight. My advice to you is if it feels right, make the first strike. If you feel threatened by the situation, pre-emptive striking is the way to go.

ANOTHER COMMON MISTAKE: Don't stop! I've learned this. Once you make the hit, some tend to get thw "Well, okay, I hit you, now you hit me. Then I'll hit you again!". Idiots. Once you make that hit, follow through with a "domino effect", or string of attacks.

USE THE BEAM SYSTEM
I incorporate it into all of my fights

B-reath
E-yesight
A-ttention
M-ovement

Take away any of these factors and you have the upper hand, take away their breath with a strong hook right below his ribcage. Take away his eyesight, obviously enough, with a jab to the eye. Take away his attention by a snapping kick to his kneecap, taking his attention away from the fight and to the pain in his knee. Finally, take away movement by getting in really close so you can execute your knee and elbow strikes, or, if you are adequately trained, grappling techniques. This system works well.

And you can finish the fight with three steps

1. A BEAM target to start with, a quick edge with your first hit.
2. While he is disabled, follow through with an attack to a very weak area, like his gut.
3. Finish it by moving in close range and executing a trapping method, a simple one is placing your leg behind his and shoving him so he trips.

After that, he will be VERY unmotivated to continue, or if he's a bit tougher, you've already jabbed his eye, so his vision is down a bit, and you've hammered his gut, and most of all, HE'S ON THE GROUND.

#97227 - 07/07/04 01:58 AM Re: School Fighting
Anonymous
Unregistered

im 16 and goto high school where fighting seems to be quite a big thing. theres always someone who wants to fight someone. i agree i love to watch its fascinating to watch, ur own adrenaline starts pumping.......its exciting. i know what most teens out there go through in school. some smart *** kid try's to look all big in front of his friends and does some dumb little thing and u know its not worth doing nething over but it makes u mad. Or somone says something totally uncalled for and u realize " look who its coming from" but it still makes u mad.

For the actual fighting ive come to some realizations.
1. most fights like everyone says is someone hits someone and then they both engage
2. ive also noticed that the style most prompty used puts u in mind of a hockey fight i.e ( clothes grabbing, wild punches, wresting around type stuff)
3. most people get so entrapt in what they "hear" about people, it gets them pyched out

so my adice to any teen goes like this. always stand up for yourslef and what u belive is right. dont hit anyone unless u feel deep inside u that they r gunna try and cause u harm. try not to fight in the school cuz u always get in trouble. the first shot is pretty crucial, use it. most fights will turn into hockey style, go with it dont try to give someone a roundhouse when theyve got u by the scruff of the neck. hit fast and hard, dont even throw a punch unless u know its gunna do sumin. save ur punches it helps save ur breath, try to hit with all punches. a punch missed uses more energy then one landed. dont stop until u know theyve had enough, dont let up until there done. headlocks and trips and stuff like that will occur, they dont do much damage. elbows and kness do HUGE amounts of damage. and finally whemn the fight goes to the ground be quick and try to mount the person this position is hard to escape and defend from.

remember this posting is just from a teen who knows something about school fighting. not some 40 year old sensai who teaches karate ( who i totally respect) its just on this topic u need a teens advice, but most off all AVOID THE FIGHT IF U CAN!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga