FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
Jeff_G 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#97169 - 05/09/04 02:55 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
judderman Offline
Veteran

Loc: UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nekogami13 V2.0:
2 years later, I have come to grips that my dream of professionaly singing is over(not that I could sing before, except in the shower-there I sound awesome!). I can no longer hit high notes, squeal like a pig or sound like Michael Jackson [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]
Perhaps throat strikes have thier uses after all... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

#97170 - 05/09/04 03:59 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Doughnut Offline

Loc: Mid-west, U.S.A
I have (with shame) kicked a training partner in the throat. I was side kicking, at medium power and he missed the block and did not get out of the way. ( In my defense He knew what was coming as it was a drill we had ben doing for 3min or so) I thought I killed the guy he fell to the ground like a marientte that had its strings cut. He did not breath for a second and then started to wheze and gargle and cough.
Fortunaty all I had done is knocked the wind out of him, and when he tried to breath swollowed spit down the wrong hole.
That was scary though

#97171 - 05/09/04 08:27 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
exceptionist 2 Offline
one arm napalm punch

Loc: Kanagawa Tokyo, Japan
Punching to the throat...well maybe a hard enough knife or ridge hand. It's easy enough to displace the adams apple or target either of the corotid arteries, both would affect breathing if damaged. Punches make the accuracy of the impact off, plus the neck is only so big, and the neck itself is rarely trained so most people just have a very little amount of muscle to pad the impact...leaving it #2. on the most vulnerable area list. In short; yes I would think you can kill someone if you hit them properly and hard enough...but the chances of doing this intentionally probably is less than the accident rate. So with that said, be careful.

the exception

#97172 - 05/10/04 02:17 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
WADO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: denver co usa
It was really cool the doctor cut him open right on the softball field, he said mabey ten minute delay and the guy would be dead. I can joke because he made a full and complete recovery.

#97173 - 05/10/04 07:35 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
yes.

If the windpipe is hit and crushed then the person dies unless someone performs a tracheotomy...

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

In doing chokes be especially careful not to apply them across the windpipe, make sure it is sitting in the crook of your elbow otherwise it will be crushed just like a blow to the throat.

Once crushed it can never return to its normal shape without surgery...

#97174 - 05/24/04 12:59 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
otobeawanker Offline

Loc: CANADA
If they're a unfit person who drinks pop and eats candy bars. Very likely. There are a couple of great corroted artery strikes in Krav Maga. But you can't use anything in real life that you don't know so well its as simple as breathing. So if yu want to use a throat strike you better practice it so much its not even fun anymore, its just something that has to be done.

#97175 - 03/02/05 04:46 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stephen4785:
Can you kill someone by punching them in the throat.
not if he's a juko-kai

#97176 - 03/02/05 09:24 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard it is possible but wont know for sure. I imagine with my limited knowleage of the human body that it may cause the wind pipe to collaspe and choke someone. Best to avoid stiking anywhere on the neck I think, its a very weak area, as Christopher Reeve knows (may he rest in peace) [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]
But I do think knowing the most dangerous areas to hit is important, so you dont hit them by accident. I know I dont want to accidently kill anyone.

[This message has been edited by JayJay (edited 03-02-2005).]

#97177 - 03/06/05 11:23 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok Guys you want the truth I have done it. I was in an altercation a quite a few years ago and I hit my attacker (6'1"tall about 200lbs and I was 5' 9" 150lbs at the time) in the throat with a solid and when I say solid I mean it was an easy three board break shot. He dropped instantly clutching his throat. I proceeded to do a couple of stomp kicks to his face nose and mouth breaking his nose. He had no fight left in him at this point so I stopped. Did he die NO!!!!! And I hit that Dude Frickin Hard. Could it have killed another person Who Knows It didn't kill this guy.

#97178 - 04/15/05 03:12 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Although I have never killed anyone, I am convinced that a good punch to the throath is fatal if the injury is not treated quickly.

When sparring, I have received punches to the nose, jaw, temple, ribs, and kicks to the knee, stomach and groin. All of those hurt but none of those ever put me out of commission. But once, I received a very light strike to the throath (an accidental strike that was not even intended to hit me!), and I could not breathe for a few seconds or swallow my own saliva for a few minutes or eat properly for the rest of the day. Imagine if it had been a real punch. I would have ended up in the operation room.

The wind-pipe is a very delicate part of the anatomy. I have heard that one of the "ancestors" of my kung fu style once ended a fight to the death with a first strike to the throath.

I tell you all: hit someone with a "phoenix eye" punch to the throath and your opponent is as good as dead. So be responsible and go for the throath in life and death situations only!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga