FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
31 minutes 12 seconds ago
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
31 minutes 12 seconds ago
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#97179 - 04/15/05 03:30 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with the anarchist (how many times am i going to say that in my life)
It is not hard to kill someone by a knifehand to the throat if they dont receive treatment. But in anycase should be used responsibly. Its not like going for the nutsack, you are probably going to do serious damage if you go for the throat

#97180 - 04/15/05 05:24 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This reminds me of the movie Roadhouse when Patrick Swayze killed the other guy by ripping out his throat.Don't take what you see on tv as real LOL!
I've been tapped in the larynx,it isn't a pleasant feeling at all. I could see someone dying as a result from a hard blow.
p.s. I don't think Sa Bum Nim can hit very hard. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#97181 - 04/15/05 09:35 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would be a definite......maybe.

Don't assume any move is 100%.

#97182 - 04/15/05 09:54 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think a single extended knuckle punch to the throat could be deadly. yikes.

#97183 - 04/16/05 10:59 AM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It all depends on the Power behind the punch, a good strong punch could kill a man or just knock him out. a Kick or a hit with something else has same outcome. I have personaly been hit in the throat by a Knife-hand, and a spear-hand all did hurt but I wasn't Injured badly, But we were not trying to hurt each other. Now in Sword Training I have been hit in the throat with the Kashiri (Pommel ada endcap) of the sword, hard, and I Cough up some blood. And that was not Pleasant. So all in all It all depends on the Foce. Remindes me of a tech we use in aikido, where a throw by the Jaw is done used to push back the head and well you get the Pic, but yes one of my friends said out on the street not to hit the jaw but the throat and it happend to me at the same night LOL almost got whiplash too, I heal quickly though. But some Techs invlove Throat holds chokes and such and all can kill someone with strong foce. Again all in all it deals with the foce

#97184 - 04/16/05 11:27 AM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Khayman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
I have been hit in the throat during a Dan grading, the person being graded hit me with a lovely spinning backfist which connected right onto my throat. Its not a pleasant feeling and its even worse when you know of the risks because when your throat starts to swell up you also start to freak out and the stress also makes it harder to breath.
An icepack and a day later and I was fine but its definately a dangerous place to hit.

#97185 - 04/16/05 11:49 AM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Really, though you could hit someone anywhere just about and kill them. A friend of mine was sparring with me and a few other friends one day and became extrememly winded until the point that he went to the hospital. He was told that he had a air buuble in his lungs and that a blow to the chest could have ended it all for him. What if you got punched over the heart and caused it to skip a beat or just stop even? Life is a fragile thing, moreso than most people would like to admit. Ive seen things that should have killed people and things that people should have walked away from with little more than a scratch and it end there life. You just never know.

#97186 - 04/16/05 02:38 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stephen4785:
Can you kill someone by punching them in the throat and what are the odds that would happen.What are the affects when you punch someone in the throat.i dont know alot about punching in the throat but Ive had un-educated people tell me you shouldnt punch someone in the throat unless you domnt mind killing them.[/QUOTE]

I've been punched in the throat three times in my life. I haven't died once.

The first time the guy who punched me was wearing gloves. He was trying to uppercut me in the jaw and extended out too far. It hurt more than a punch in gloves usually does but that was all.

The second time was actually an elbow. It momentarily interrupted my air flow (about 1 second) and I collapsed. The guy who did it was afraid he had collapsed my trachea but I was fine a minute later, just had a sore throat the next day.

The third time was the worst, it was a bare-handed sun punch straight to my adam's apple. It was harder than the elbow. Fortunately I had improved in skill by then and rolled with the shot. I kept my feet, kept on fighting for another minute or two and then had to throw up in some bushes.

All in all I would say that getting hit in the throat hurts. But it is not instantaneously fatal in every instance.

#97187 - 05/04/05 03:28 PM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone? [Re: nekogami13 V2.0]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
Once, in a perhaps too enthusiastic kumite, I threw a hard round kick (Ball of the foot) high to my opponent's chest. He unfortunately tried to duck, and the kick caught him full on the Adam's apple. After a couple of horrible seconds, during which his eyes bulged and he couldn't swallow three- four times, he finally opened his mouth and roundly cursed my ancestors clear back to the Stone Age. It never felt so good to be told so many nasty things about my mother! He had a frog in his throat for a few days, but that was it.
The point? Just to reiterate what others have said: Sometimes it's just a bad place to be hit, sometimes it kills and always a place you don't want to strike unless it's life & death.

#97188 - 02/18/06 07:20 AM Re: Will punching in the throat kill someone? [Re: judderman]
ShangTsung Offline

Loc: Bomb factory
for some reason the database wont let me go on 3 but ill ask are you talking about aiming at the trachea

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga