FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#96722 - 03/18/04 10:20 PM The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
exceptionist 2 Offline
one arm napalm punch

Loc: Kanagawa Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, you got a little skill, you train three or four times a week, your instructor knows a guy-that knows a guy-that ripped some guys style off from a guy that invented ballet-do. Your 6th degree pink belt is your personal barrier from the uncertainty of your abilities, but it also gives you pride when you think about how much it costs to get it soooo... whatever right it's worth it...literally. You ever taste your own blood? Have you ever had a hangover from a meatloaf sandwich "that's recover from knockout"? Street fighting is all about unpredictability and sacrifice, because you may or may not have the confidence in your style to use it to save your life. Oh...you train "ALIVE", o.k., that changes...nothing. The realization that your personality plays a part in your fighting ability is important enough to think about. Weaklings train to get stronger mentally... I mean pay someone to make them feel stronger by telling them that: "yes you have made the cut into the realm of fighters, by attaining this rank" "you can now officially kick ass"...believing this is good if have some fight experience and at least a 3-1 record in street fights... if not, be the b#$ch you really are inside behind that Gi, and own up to the fact that without a street fighters mentality or the ability to adopt it temporarily, will leave you limping away with your pride along with two of your teeth and your ass separate from your person. Guts, you got that killer instinct...yeah I'm working on mine too, I want to not feel sorry for my opponent too, yes- beat him into submission or bloody mess, stab him in the face with his broken Hennessy bottle, break his collar bone, even place one of my fingers into his eyesockets to remove the fleshy ball in it. Those are goals of mine and maybe some of yours too, but you would never admitt to it...not here anyway, not in front of those unforgiving, unforgettful, merciless, attacking, eyes that probe these lines with such eagerness to find flaw and weakness...what does that remind you of? The street. How easy it is to talk sh$t through a monitor, now really read some of the hushpuppy insults and so called beef that exists between some of the members here, yeah...I agree totally, weaklings. I'll stop here, and let it marinate.

the exception

#96723 - 03/19/04 12:49 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
joesixpack Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Australia
I'm a Nidan actually. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by joesixpack (edited 03-19-2004).]

#96724 - 03/19/04 04:43 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone on here actually train BECAUSE THEY LIKE what they do?

Or is it all about being able to beat people down ON THE STREET?

Serious question.

On the whole eyeball thing - the way I figure, I can only do that if I have positional control of someone. If I have positional control, I don't really see the point in blinding them. Choking them out so they pee themselves maybe, I dunno.

And yeah, I reckon I'd feel pretty bad about blinding someone.

Isn't that normal?

#96725 - 03/19/04 04:49 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
joesixpack Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Australia
Nah, I don't do anything becuase it is enjoyable and I work to hoard cash under my pillow, I also cut myself often.... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]

#96726 - 03/19/04 04:51 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joesixpack:
Nah, I don't do anything becuase it is enjoyable and I work to hoard cash under my pillow, I also cut myself often.... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

See Joe? That's why you're a real martial artist.

An example to us all.

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

#96727 - 03/19/04 05:41 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I train because I love it first and foremost. And I love all of it: line basics, kata, bag work, weapons, stand up sparring ground work etc.

I train self defence to protect myself in the event of an attack. I WOULD be prepared to go to any lengths to save my life or that of another if I could, but yeah I would feel pretty bad if I blinded or seriously injured someone.

I suppose it's a bit like when a clown cuts you up on the road when he has a belly full of beer. If you hit him and write off his car that's his fault. If he died though, most of us would be freaked out.
Sharon

#96728 - 03/19/04 06:50 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
First of all you posted that message at 11:30PM, stop drinking and thinking. I believe most of the MA people posting here have the "Warrior" mentality when called upon. We/I would do anything it takes to defend myself or family in a situation. DO NOT under estimate some of the people that train in MA, that ass kick'n street killer instinct your talking about combined with MA is deadly to say the least. You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder?

#96729 - 03/19/04 07:23 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
i like your style exceptionist.

"hushpuppys" rofl, is that like a muppet? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

I have a very good student, that works with me, he wanted to "train alive" so we put the body armour and head guards on, big gloves,

And we stood square to each other and fired out head shots, like western gun slingers..

rang his bell so many times, he was shocked that it was so easy... he was even more shocked when it was his turn and he caught me a few times.
All training does is give you a better chance of surviving a real world violent encounter. it doesnt guarantee that you will walk away in one peace.

I have had literally 100s of fights at work, lost more than 1. it only takes 1 punch to change the course of your life forever, so is it worth the risk, if you can avoid it?

mark

#96730 - 03/19/04 10:57 AM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
Aikinage Offline

Loc: Kettering, Ohio, USA
Nice thread, first off, let me say that. I have had my share of actual street/bar fights, and yes I am still here. So to the individual exceptionist2, I would have to say you have some abberant thinking, at the minimum. As for my "street honors", if you wish to know...I have 2 knife scars,(palm of left hand, required 4 sutures, 18 stitches, and a large deltoid scar which required 42 stitches; one 22 shot into my right quadrecep 3 inches above the knee). You are correct in the one assertion: There is a difference between practicing and living within the art. To answer your tirade...I for one will continue to practice, and hope I never have to use it in the manner you suggest.

#96731 - 03/19/04 01:14 PM Re: The annual spillage of street fighting scripture.
Yoseikan Student Offline
Veteran

Loc: UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnC:
Does anyone on here actually train BECAUSE THEY LIKE what they do?

Or is it all about being able to beat people down ON THE STREET?
[/QUOTE]

THANKYOU!!!!!

al

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga