FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#94794 - 08/05/03 07:42 PM gang confrontations?
roundhouser Offline

Loc: melbourne
What would you all do if someone started something with you and was in your face and pushing you? Most would probably smack him one i think but what if that guy could get 20 or so guys down there to help him. Would you still defend yourself against him when you know that if you mess with him you have to mess with his buddies? Or would you just let the guy do what ever he wanted to you. This happened to me about 2 weeks ago and a guy was in my face and pushing me and stuff and i had a knife in my pocket but i still didnt fight him because i knew that he had lots of dangerous friends.
What would you all do in a situation like this?
roundhouser

#94795 - 08/05/03 07:57 PM Re: gang confrontations?
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
It becomes a question of whether you are willing to fight a fight knowing or feeling that you will lose. And whether you are willing to fight for things such as pride and honor which most people aren't willing to do. Personally I would but Im probably not right so dont listen to me.

#94796 - 08/06/03 01:17 AM Re: gang confrontations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

depends what you mean by "do what he wants to you ".
I don't have enough common sense not to beat someone senseless when they do certain things to me.
Were the friends there? If not, take him out.Worry about the now, the future happens all on its own.

#94797 - 08/06/03 07:42 AM Re: gang confrontations?
MrVigerous Offline
Former Administrator

Loc: UK
Nobody can really answer that one except you as we don't know the people involved.On first thoughts, I'll be dammed if some prick is going to push me about without getting hospitalised on the vague threat of comebacks - which are mostly hot air and not often carried out. However as I said it depends on the people involved. If he is the kind of person who's friends will hunt you down and shoot you if you hurt him them perhaps discretion is the better part of valour. You can't win them all and you never win any against 20 people. On the other hand if you put him into traction then his mates may well steer clear of you. Who knows....??!!

Regds
Mr V

#94798 - 08/06/03 08:23 AM Re: gang confrontations?
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by roundhouser:
What would you all do if someone started something with you and was in your face and pushing you? Most would probably smack him one i think but what if that guy could get 20 or so guys down there to help him. Would you still defend yourself against him when you know that if you mess with him you have to mess with his buddies? Or would you just let the guy do what ever he wanted to you. This happened to me about 2 weeks ago and a guy was in my face and pushing me and stuff and i had a knife in my pocket but i still didnt fight him because i knew that he had lots of dangerous friends.
roundhouser
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like what you're really asking is whether you acted like a coward or not. You were probably scared during the confrontation, and are wondering if your decision was based on this fear or valid reasons.
For starters, you had every right to be scared. It was a scary set of circumstances. Fear is a normal response to a possible attack. Indeed, a welcome one since it prepares your body for action.
You had a valid set of reasons to back off as well.
As to whether you're a coward, ask yourself if you'd have fought back if this guy had gone beyond just a shoving match and tried to hurt you. If the answer's yes, you're in good shape.

#94799 - 08/06/03 02:02 PM Re: gang confrontations?
Isshin Dude Offline

Loc: Knoxville Tennessee U.S.A
roundhouser
[/QUOTE]Aah, Dont worry about it, You did the right thing.Besides I would've done the samething. PS Sometimes you have to think about what would happend afterwards rather than in the present. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Isshin Dude (edited 08-06-2003).]

#94800 - 08/06/03 11:11 PM Re: gang confrontations?
roundhouser Offline

Acctualy for some strange reason i wasn't really scared at all untill the knife was introduced. The threats that they make are usually just bull crap but they usually only make them when people annoy them when people acctually punch them they get dudes onto you. to me gangs are a problem. mainly because you dont know who their friends are, how many they have or how freakin crazy they are. i mean if you have never seen them before and dont live in the area then for sure do wat eva you have to but if they know who u are then wat should you do?
any thoughts?

#94801 - 08/07/03 06:29 PM Re: gang confrontations?
madhag Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Acctualy for some strange reason i wasn't really scared at all untill the knife was introduced. The threats that they make are usually just bull crap but they usually only make them when people annoy them when people acctually punch them they get dudes onto you. to me gangs are a problem. mainly because you dont know who their friends are, how many they have or how freakin crazy they are. i mean if you have never seen them before and dont live in the area then for sure do wat eva you have to but if they know who u are then wat should you do?
any thoughts?

[/QUOTE]
You did the right thing under the circumstances, you're safe and alive. I grew up in gang ghetto and if you're not in, stay away and don't cross them. They can retaliate against family and friends. They work in packs of mob mentality, meaning, irrational behavior. Best thing to do is to avoid them.

#94802 - 08/07/03 09:12 PM Re: gang confrontations?
roundhouser Offline

good point thanks

#94803 - 08/08/03 04:28 PM Re: gang confrontations?
Rand Offline

if it was me personally i would have probably beat him senseless and put him in the hospital

then again no people in gangs around here mess with me or my friends

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga