FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#90833 - 01/14/03 01:58 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
roundhouser Offline

Loc: melbourne
In a multiple assiliant fight you only fight 1 guy at a time just take them as they come and i recomend low fast kicks to the knees and groin that will slow them down and just take it from there. just a thought.

#90834 - 01/14/03 08:14 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
CrimsonTiger Offline

Ummmm...I'd never suggest flowery and flourish, even for intimidation purposes. If I drop your buddy quickly, then you're likely going to rethink things...regardless of how glossy my finishing technique was.

One thing I've found to be effective in multi-attacker situations is the use of distraction and peripheral vision. I almost never focus on any one attacker. In fact, in a multi-person "sparring" situation (when I was a green belt against a pairing of a blue and a brown), I made a point of intentionally focussing on the bluebelt and throwing my kicks at the brownbelt along my peripheral vision. I almost took the guy out on the first front-kick because he didn't even realize I was paying attention to him. In multiple attackers, I'd use all such distractions to my advantage. Yell, scream, stomp, KEEP MOVING and mix it up (and escape ASAP!)

Now to address the question of who to attack first...*shrug* There are conflicted schools of thought on this, and I think it's really a matter of strategic evaluation. If you're only looking to open an exit and escape, you take out the smallest/weakest link. However, if you think you may have to fight it out a bit, go after the largest threat first. You're fresh, you're focused, you're at your fighting best right at the start...you want to take out their strength while you are strong. That person is also likely the pack-leader (wolfpack mentality in most groups), watching their leader go down is a huge effect on the group morale.

All this being said, not matter how good you are, I wouldn't go trying to handle more than 2 or 3 opponents...none of this "fighting five men" crap. I don't care if you're friggin' Tito Ortiz (or whoever you want to claim is "the best" this week)...5 guys jumping you? You're going down. Run like a scared jackrabbit.

Regards,
CrimsonTiger

#90835 - 01/15/03 08:33 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
kempocos Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: flemington,nj,usa
Fight one at a time, break bones in the legs to keep them from coming. keep moving and look to escape. I feel that they will not wait and fight you one at a time, as menbtioned. I also feel trying to fight more than one at a time is asking for trouble, stamina plus just being overrun is an issue. all you need is one to pick up something and throw it at you and you are down. That is why break the legs and they are not a threat.

#90836 - 01/19/03 09:46 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
my sensei teaches us to keep your attackers in a staight line,keep the weaker guy between u and the others,then as u take the weak guy down move on,use only vital strikes (ears,knees,groin,ex.)because its not gonna be a walk in the park!its a tough job to keep a group of people in a single line,but after years of sparring like that u get the hang of it..

#90837 - 01/19/03 10:34 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
Jamoni Offline
Veteran

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
Keep moving, never turn your back on ANY opponents, and NEVER get between two or more opponents. Since multiple attackers definitely constitutes a life or death situation (unless you have an UZI), throat strikes with an open crescent hand are good stoppers. Knee kicks, great.
If one does grab you, he has to go down FAST. eye gouge is good for this.
Most powerful defense? RUN.

#90838 - 01/20/03 04:45 PM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
theqwertyone Offline

http://www.sfdt.com/xiao-xiao/

check out number 3 for defence against multiple attackers. :-)

#90839 - 03/26/03 02:26 PM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
Tkdstreetfighter88 Offline

Loc: Ocala, Fl, USA
Yea, learning martial arts helped me alot when this group of people all tryed to jump me at once.
The trick is fighting in a circular like pattern, and use shots that will take them down fast so you can move to the next guy.
Beware of your surroundings, what each guy is doing.
Block, parry, move, and always be aggressor when striking.
If theres a rock or stick or anything lying around pick it up and start bashing faces.
If theres nothing around
like i said move to the next guy in a circular motion.
Poke one guy in the throat, break the next guys nose, kick em in the balls. after you get a good hit on one go to the next

#90840 - 03/26/03 08:19 PM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
Scholar Offline

Loc: Brockton
Manipulate the multible opponents so they get into each others way ie; sending into another or what I did turning with one guy on my back turning so between us then roundhouse to kidney area after as he went by.
Having your back against the wall so if they miss they break their hands.
Fighting with a comrade back to back against multible opponents.
Multiple opponents can constitue dealy force for that treat level responses by you check local laws.

#90841 - 03/27/03 01:46 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
PsychedelicShogun Offline

A note on grappling; obviously an attempt at a submission hold or a choke out is not the best strategy because it leaves you vulnerable. However that doesnt mean that grappling is totally without it's place. Quick breaks, projections, and leading techniques can all have tactical applications depending on the specifics of the attack.

I think the most important things have been said, namely to keep moving and do everything possible to prevent an assailant from circling behind you and try to take people out as quickly as possible. Or find a way to escape.

#90842 - 03/27/03 04:58 AM Re: MULTIPLE ASSAILANT SELF-DEFENSE
Scholar Offline

Loc: Brockton
When I've seen Kumite against Multible, The defender was breathing very fast in and out. Is this doing the wrong thing or is it bellows breathing to fan the fire/ rapid breathing to speed up the brain? On the street in that situation, I breathed normally and kept my wits about me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga