FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#90178 - 03/18/05 12:26 PM Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Now, sometimes when I get startled, like by my cat when he jumps in front of me and scares the crap out of me, I feel this tingling all over my body. I am pretty sure this is chi but not entirely sure. So is it?
I would also like to know if anybody else gets this?

While listening to music I get these feelings as well. They feel a little different from each other but the more I like the song the stronger the tingling feelings.

Replies will be appreciated.

-Joe-

#90179 - 03/18/05 12:40 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get the same thing when playing HALO, just when im just about to get shot and trying to avoid there scope "split screen" but not in music maybe your getting goose bumps??
if you get the same thing as me then that is chi, like when get a shock [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]

#90180 - 03/18/05 01:10 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

see that gose with my idea your body naturaly uses chi as protection even if its week its still trying to protect you from harm.

#90181 - 03/18/05 01:56 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

AGREED!!! i dont why this has not been talked about more

#90182 - 03/18/05 02:55 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:
Hello,

Now, sometimes when I get startled, like by my cat when he jumps in front of me and scares the crap out of me, I feel this tingling all over my body. I am pretty sure this is chi but not entirely sure. So is it?
I would also like to know if anybody else gets this?

While listening to music I get these feelings as well. They feel a little different from each other but the more I like the song the stronger the tingling feelings.

Replies will be appreciated.

-Joe-
[/QUOTE]Yes, I know what you mean same here. Of course it's a form of energy/QI. What else could it possibly be. But unfortunately at this time, we cannot use it the way we would all like to. To the full extent of our imaginations. One thing is for sure the mind is not the ultimate ruler of the body, there is alot of things I think about doing with energy/qi within reality but it does'nt happen. It's because the body has to be obedient, and submissive to other outside forces as well not just the mind. Only through better future understanding can we work along with these forces to suit our mind's goals. Well anyways, just a thought. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#90183 - 03/18/05 06:57 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
See you Tuesday [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#90184 - 03/18/05 07:43 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

its adrenaline....

If it was chi you would be calm and relaxed.

B.K. Frantzis goes to great lengths in the POIMA to seperate adrenaline rush and animalistic tendancies from the control that comes from being open to chi.

#90185 - 03/18/05 10:14 PM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

As for the music you should also beware.

While certain music can "energize" you, you need to be aware of their effects.

rock and rap can have similar effects in stirring agression, and anger all of which are side effects of...again adrenaline which is an animalistic response.

these same music genre's and especially certain others can cause you to depress yourself. There are scientific studies ,although I have no references this time and don't care to go searching, that show that depressing music can be very harmful to your mental health. I have had many friends who have tendencies to like very slow "depressing" music. I find they often have depressed attitudes. I even find myself listening to depressing music when I am depressed.

I think relaxing, peaceful, and tranquil music can help you ease into your being which will in turn increase your sensitivty to chi by putting your mind in a more "peaceful" and recieving state.

Listening to angry, depressing, or other such types of music can produce the opposite effect and smother ones ability to concentrate even if you find that music putting you in a certain mood your enjoy at the moment.

I don't mean to be a spoil sport about anyones experienes but we must be very careful not to confuse ourselves. Chi is far more abstract than any physical character or basic instinct.

#90186 - 03/19/05 04:30 AM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Chang Wufei Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
First of all, VEGETAsama is obviously a troll in the making seeing as your name is a DBZ character, and Batgirl & Unlimited Possibilities, this is nothing mystical or chi related, it's adrenaline.

When you are startled it is natural human body function to produce adrenaline in order to compromise with whatever situation is rattling our bodies, a primitive thing known as fight or flight. It's also what causes your body to twitch, or jump, when you are startled.

Jumping out from behind a corner and startling the hell out of some drunk does not mean he has super chi powers. It means he's human. Get a life.

#90187 - 03/19/05 09:47 AM Re: Feeling chi when frightened
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thankyou for the posts everyone. I wanted to see other people's views and get a nice thread going as well.

-Joe-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga