FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
Marcus Charles 1
TooNice 1
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Jeff_G
03/30/14 12:44 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432375 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#90043 - 03/15/05 01:31 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
I would assume, from dealing with other such issues and claims that the "tremendous efforts to put the candle out drain the jing from him and it took that long to replentish it". I am not saying at all that I buy that, but I am assuming that is what it means.
[/QUOTE]

This was the reply I was expecting...because personally I couldn't think of any other "explanation". Of course I get no answer...which i was also expecting [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Anyway I just felt the need to call him out on it. While I know you all try to keep the discussions here as open as possible, I would really hate to think this person might have an influence over another individual and convince them you could project your "jing" to smother a flame (not only that but lose all that hard earned "work" :rolleyes [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG].

I should just try harder to ignore posts like this.

#90044 - 03/15/05 02:05 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
nenipp Offline
Veteran

I've studied and trained in a secret way to put out candles without losing any amount of qi worth mentioning

#90045 - 03/15/05 03:43 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perhaps he is confusing "jin"-trained power with jing-seminal essenses. Regardless, I've seen these Empty Force guys (aptly named) and it's always "I don't want to use too much of my power because you are not strong enough." I've trained IMA for decades with some of the more well known practitioners, no brag, just fact, and to a man they dismiss this crap as hocum.

#90046 - 03/15/05 08:10 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jing is not Expression. Jing translated actually means force, thus Kong Jing = empty force. We can call chi energy if you like a lot of people do. However, there are many ways to describe chi. Heaven chi, earth chi, nourishment chi, ect.ect.. but actually there is only one type of chi and everything has it whether living or not. i.e.. My desk has chi in it, as it is made up of molecules and all molecules have positive and negative particles. Protons and neutrons.

Actually tuning into chi is what you do. Jing is what is projected. Jing which some call expression, some call energy, and some call force, is what is applied.

I would like to ask a question Meijin please tell us of your experiences with Lin Kong Jing? or Kong Jing? since you were a student of Sifu Mooney and are a 2nd level certified instructor tell us of your experience with experiments in projection

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Sa Bum Nim (edited 03-15-2005).]

#90047 - 03/15/05 09:43 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hardluck and Meijin, here is the answer. I really don't know why. But, Hardluck as far as Baixing being a bastardization of Xing-i, You couldn't be more wrong. I have shared some of my experiences with LKJ and a brief over view of the art of Baixing and some of its linage with the board which none of you had heard of. I trained under Sifu Star for quite some time and acknowledge him as the instructor that has influenced me probably the most. As Far as my LKJ training goes I never said I was a master I just told of my personal experiences and what I have learned. I thought the boards were for sharing. Not a competition.

Oldman, I simply went to the source and you people don't like that. I never trained under Choi nor did I say I had. But my GM in TKD, whom I teach for was one of Choi's personal advisors. Do I need to prove that to you also? I never intended to "IRK" you as you say I have. I answered the questions put before me. If you have a problem with that, Well that's your problem not mine Remember the 4th tenet? Self-control. Don't blame me if your Irked. Blame yourself.

Now to everyone, We can either Bicker with each other or learn from each other I choose to learn.

[This message has been edited by Sa Bum Nim (edited 03-15-2005).]

#90048 - 03/16/05 10:16 AM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sa bum nim

Hows that for editing?

oldman

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 03-16-2005).]

#90049 - 03/16/05 11:18 AM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh My Lord.....Nice convienent editing oldman. Since you admit to holding some sort of grudge and I told you I didn't want to argue with you and I really don't think I can say it any more plain than that. Here I will try another approach because I guess you don't understand plain english.

How about this? I never asked you to agree with me did I and because of this grudge you hold you keep challenging me. Can it and don't talk to me. Did you understand that? SHEESH

#90050 - 03/16/05 12:48 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sa Bum Nim:
Oh My Lord.....Nice convienent editing oldman. Since you admit to holding some sort of grudge and I told you I didn't want to argue with you and I really don't think I can say it any more plain than that. Here I will try another approach because I guess you don't understand plain english.

How about this? I never asked you to agree with me did I and because of this grudge you hold you keep challenging me. Can it and don't talk to me. Did you understand that? SHEESH
[/QUOTE]

This has never been about Agreement. It is about accuracy and your arrogance.

You stated:
Oldman, you answered by not giving the answer. How convienent.

I gave the answer, you did not, How convienient .

You could have just answered the question or offered an apology . I would have accepted either.

oldman

#90051 - 03/16/05 12:50 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sa Bum Nim:

In this thread you define fa jin[g] one way and when it suits you, you define it another. I am beginning to see what Oldman ment with his posts regarding prior dealings with you.

If you will go back and read what I wrote earlier concerning Lin Kong Jing, you will see that I indicated quite clearly that "projection" of anything is NOT the primary goal of LKJ. The final goal is the jin[g]...or the internal power that you can express as a result of the qi cultivation and storing.

As to my experiences with "projection", they worked quite nicely usually...what in particular do you want to know?

As to Kong Jing, it is totally different from Lin Kong Jing...not the same thing at all. I have no experience with Kong Jing.

And, by way of your wording, you seem to think my credentials with LKJ are not what I have stated. If this is the case, just contact Richard Mooney. I was a direct student of his, have my instructor certification license from him, I have assisted him in teaching seminars on LKJ in TX, NJ and TN and I have also appeared on a video training tape that was produced by the DSI. If you have any questions, contact him directly.

Enough of an answer for you?

#90052 - 03/16/05 02:10 PM Re: Zhan Zhaung/Standing the stake
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I am saying If i say car and you say automobile isn't that the same thing? I guess we will have to agree to disagree no problem.
Can you tell me some of you LKJ experiments you did and the results.
Thanks

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga