FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#89503 - 02/22/05 04:09 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol dam man, ok you were right. i just had so much faith. and i was hoping to meet her because i thought she was a cute MA girl in my area but sadly she is crazy and upon meeting her i would probably get killed or eaten or something. Thanks i owe you one.

#89504 - 02/22/05 05:14 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Saber:
Honestly bat girl where the hell did that come fromÖÖ.. Anyway fisherman I have come to the conclusion of what chi is and how to work it. I canít personally but this is just a theory of mine and some schools that are researching it. Your body emits a low level magnetic field. It is different for every person and seems to be like a supernatural finger print. The source of all this energy is in the center of your body the place right below your belly button. Thatís where the energy starts. People have known about this for thousands of years but never seemed to question it. Until now people havenít been able to monitor it or find out the whys and the hows of it working. From what I have heard you say about chi you believe it is a source of energy as do most of you. If it was just a normal flow of electricity we would short out when we took a shower or anything like that. So it has to be an electro magnetic field. There are devices that will read the strength of your field and so far the man with the highest level of chi is nick named doctor chi and is a tie chi instructor in long beach or something like that. I really donít know. If you are interested I can find out some more about this next Thursday. My friend takes classes with the guy so it wonít be too hard. I really want to know how those emfs work and how to make one I know it would coast an @$$ load of money but think of the profits. We could have ships that donít need fuel to fly because they weigh nothing. And about those weighted vests, dam they **** I was trying to be like goku form dragon ball z and ended up tearing out my shoulder from trying handstand pushups with 55 pounds on my body. I still run and do push ups with them on but nothing that extreme anymore. And just for my defense I didnít start this whole chi talk on purpose I really just wanted to know about emfs and their effect on our bodyís.

[This message has been edited by Saber (edited 02-22-2005).]
[/QUOTE]Anyways, sometimes when I practice moving light weight objects without touching them(using martial like ki force) I often tap my center with the same amount of energy/force I want to disperse. Many times it works out quite well. I stand like 5 & 1/2 to 6ft. away maybe more sometimes. Beginners level, but I'm still training. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]Oh yeah, it came from hard work, blood, tears, and lots of training.

[This message has been edited by Batgirl (edited 02-22-2005).]

#89505 - 02/22/05 07:47 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, Saber.

Please provide evidence of this "magnetic field" emission that you say humans do.

The human body does not issue any significant electrical fields; therefore it cannot issue any significant magnetic field ( as magnetism is simply the effect of oppositely charged electrical fields ).

However, your idea for creating a device for transporting things that way is getting close - there are already "mag-lev" trains in operation in several places around the world.

Sadly, fuel is still required to generate the electricity (that powers the magnets) in the first place. Remember, electricity and magnetism are really two sides of the same thing.

Good luck, though! You are correct about the potential profits!

#89506 - 02/23/05 06:16 AM Re: Serious training question
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Batgril posted:
[QUOTE]Anyways, sometimes when I practice moving light weight objects without touching them(using martial like ki force) I often tap my center with the same amount of energy/force I want to disperse. Many times it works out quite well. I stand like 5 & 1/2 to 6ft. away maybe more sometimes.[/QUOTE]

You flushed any amount of credibilty you had on this forum down the toilet with that one!

MattJ,
You made a point that I think needs to be put out there.
The point being; people are not machines.

Doesn't mean that the electro magnetic travel ideas aint bad. I heard that the trains that they have used this technology on are super fast and super smooth.

Chris

#89507 - 02/23/05 07:07 AM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattJ:

Mass can be increased through acceleration...
[/QUOTE]

I know it's nit-picking, but you increase weight with acceleration, not mass.

Also I'm fairly certain gravity is a force (without an active force the masses would not be able to move along the space-time curvature), but my physics is not exactly up to date [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

From what I understand, more intense gravity would cause a baby's skeleton to grow thicker and denser. The human body grows it's bones in orientation to gravity.

However, the skeleton of a baby that was born in extreme gravity would probably lose much of it's mass in the prescence of regular earthly gravity after a while.

Apologize for the long, rambling post. Hope some of this made sense.
[/QUOTE]

#89508 - 02/23/05 08:40 AM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shonuff -

I am hardly a science expert, but I can cut and paste like a mofo!

[QUOTE]Stephen Hawking in A Brief History of Time writes "Because of the equivalence of energy and mass, the energy which an object has due to its motion will add to its mass." and Richard Feynman in The Character of Physical Law wrote "The energy associated with motion appears as an extra mass, so things get heavier when they move."[/QUOTE]

I believe weight is just a measure of gravity, where as mass is what causes gravity.

And Gravity is not an independant force, it is the result of a mass distorting the space/time continium.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by MattJ (edited 02-23-2005).]

#89509 - 02/23/05 02:28 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fisherman:
Batgril posted:
You flushed any amount of credibilty you had on this forum down the toilet with that one!

MattJ,
You made a point that I think needs to be put out there.
The point being; people are not machines.

Doesn't mean that the electro magnetic travel ideas aint bad. I heard that the trains that they have used this technology on are super fast and super smooth.

Chris
[/QUOTE]I was'nt expecting much credibility when I came here I'm not satisfied with my own training yet. I was expecting a good discussion on energy and the use of it. Sheesh, is that to much to ask. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I'm not the one solely basing my ideas on cartoons. But rather on books, people, and experiences. Books like parapsychology, metaphysics, Qi gong, pranic healing, Chee gong the skill of energy control, the Mystic arts of the Ninja,...etc. And my friends and teachers I have met along the way, Andy my Ninjutsu teacher, Ray, my Shaolin priest teacher, Dennis my shotokan karate teacher(friends with Fumio Demura), and Eric my jujitsu and japanese street fighting teacher. And also my experiences with supernaturalism and the martial arts, I had questions, concerns, and insight about them. But you probably don't care. I was just looking for people like me. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#89510 - 02/23/05 03:01 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey thanks for all the feedback donít let this topic disappear all i need is a couple of days to get in contact with these people. if you donít hear anything by next Thursday delete this topic and lets never speak of it again

#89511 - 02/24/05 08:00 AM Re: Serious training question
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
As far as gravity-research unified string theory(fascinating stuff).
It puts forward the theory that gravity is in fact a seperate energy.

The simple fact is noone really understands exactly what gravity actualy is.

#89512 - 02/24/05 10:26 AM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you have not read Elegant Universe by Brian Greene, I suggest you do. It is quite interesting.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga