FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 7
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 12:04 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432456 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#89493 - 02/21/05 07:24 PM Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this is a question that is straight out of a cartoon but I am really curios. Itís about a device that would control gravity allowing your body to train under more intense conditions. I have been in basic physics and there are magnetic fields that can do such a thing. I was wondering if those fields would have any harmful repercussions on your body. Also do you think that this would affect the level your chi develops at seeing as your chi is also an electro magnetic field? I did this experiment once when the fair was in town there was a device that would spin you around at a rapid pace pushing you up against the wall. I figured that if it would spin fast enough it would increase gravity on your body. It seemed to work when I did a bunch of sit ups in there but then I got really dizzy and through up. I was just wondering if anyone had ever made an emf capable of increasing or decreasing gravity.

#89494 - 02/21/05 08:09 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to be a jackass, but you should really read up on quantum physics. Stephen Hawking has written several books on QM and the theory of relativity for science beginners (like me).

Surprisingly, many of these concepts are not THAT difficult to understand.

Gravity, mass, acceleration, and electro-magnetism are all inter-related principles.

You seem to be confusing chi with well known principles of science - not that science knows everything, not at all, but the things you are talking about have been researched for some time (Albert Einstein).

#89495 - 02/21/05 09:00 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

You donít sound like a jackass to me. I have read up on some of that stuff and I donít know what area you are talking about me being confused in. I really was just wondering if an emf that was made to increase gravity around a specific area would affect the emf our body creates. Thatís what chi is. I would really like to know what your opinions are or anyoneís opinion for that mater on the subject of how much increase in gravity could our body take before it stops working and if a baby was born in a more intense gravity situation would it already be acclimated to the change? If so would the bones of this child be stronger then our own, stuff like that. I am really open minded so just give me any ideas or theories I donít care how far fetched they are I am really curious.

#89496 - 02/22/05 11:01 AM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm....the "emf" that you refer to, I do not believe that your body emits any significant amount of radiation other than infra-red (heat).

The only way to increase gravity that I know of is to increase the mass of a given object.
Mass can be increased through acceleration.

I do know that many fighter pilots have to withstand a test of how many g's (forces of gravity)they can take before they are allowed to fly. The average person usually passes out between 4-5 g's.

65 g's is the average limit for humans to survive - and that is only for an instant (like in a car crash). If you are refering to a long term enviroment, I do not know.

Gravity is not really a "force" per se, but rather space deforming in the prescence of mass.

Think of two friends holding a table cloth taut above the floor. The table cloth represents space. If you then drop a baseball onto the tablecloth, there will be a depression where the baseball ends up.

If you then drop a golfball onto the cloth, notice how it drops right into the depression where the baseball is. THAT is gravity.

From what I understand, more intense gravity would cause a baby's skeleton to grow thicker and denser. The human body grows it's bones in orientation to gravity.

However, the skeleton of a baby that was born in extreme gravity would probably lose much of it's mass in the prescence of regular earthly gravity after a while.

Apologize for the long, rambling post. Hope some of this made sense.

#89497 - 02/22/05 11:39 AM Re: Serious training question
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Posted by Saber

[QUOTE]Also do you think that this would affect the level your chi develops at seeing as your chi is also an electro magnetic field?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I really was just wondering if an emf that was made to increase gravity around a specific area would affect the emf our body creates. Thatís what chi is.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the idea that chi is an electromagnetic force?
You seem to know exactly what chi is, would you care to enlighten the rest of us that have been training for years and years and still havent figured it out yet?

#89498 - 02/22/05 01:19 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Putting aside all nonsense, training in heavier gravity is possible and reasonable for a physical conditioning program, (depending on your goals). Here is the realistic way-
http://www.pistacentrifuga.com/eng_new/default_e.html

That one is still quite pricey.

If you still think that you can build some kind of machine, (perhaps with the help of NASA and the U.S. taxpayers), then this is the calculator for determining what can be safely done.
http://www0.arch.cuhk.edu.hk/~hall/ag/sw/SpinCalc/SpinCalc.htm

Sorry, it's a cool idea and I researched it quite some time ago, but you need some real big Bill Gates bucks to do this-
http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3u.html

One other thing, how much, and what kind of training have you been doing in normal gravity. You need to start there first. And how do you know 'chi' to be 'EMF'?

If you find a way to make an EMF work, be sure to call NASA and tell them.

[This message has been edited by Lucid Warrior (edited 02-22-2005).]

#89499 - 02/22/05 01:29 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Lucid,

that was pretty darn interesting....man i think i would get mighty dizzy though...

the safest cheapest way i could think of was those weighted vest's they sell at sporting goods stores for running. but even those can be dangerous if over used.

#89500 - 02/22/05 02:44 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Saber:
I know this is a question that is straight out of a cartoon but I am really curios. Itís about a device that would control gravity allowing your body to train under more intense conditions. I have been in basic physics and there are magnetic fields that can do such a thing. I was wondering if those fields would have any harmful repercussions on your body. Also do you think that this would affect the level your chi develops at seeing as your chi is also an electro magnetic field? I did this experiment once when the fair was in town there was a device that would spin you around at a rapid pace pushing you up against the wall. I figured that if it would spin fast enough it would increase gravity on your body. It seemed to work when I did a bunch of sit ups in there but then I got really dizzy and through up. I was just wondering if anyone had ever made an emf capable of increasing or decreasing gravity. [/QUOTE]Intersting concept I've thought about that myself, not to go off topic or anything but, what i've learned is that you and you energy/chi field become what you eat as well. If you eat hard nourishing foods your body and it's energy/chi field will be hard/dense, if you eat soft and nourishing foods your your energy/chi field will be soft/gentle. The intensity of hard energy/chi is relative to what you ingest as well When I want to use a tree for a punching bag I chew and ingest hard foods(substances), because if you can break it down on the inside, you can break it down on the outside. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]OH! YEAH!

[This message has been edited by Batgirl (edited 02-22-2005).]

#89501 - 02/22/05 03:53 PM Re: Serious training question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Honestly bat girl where the hell did that come fromÖÖ.. Anyway fisherman I have come to the conclusion of what chi is and how to work it. I canít personally but this is just a theory of mine and some schools that are researching it. Your body emits a low level magnetic field. It is different for every person and seems to be like a supernatural finger print. The source of all this energy is in the center of your body the place right below your belly button. Thatís where the energy starts. People have known about this for thousands of years but never seemed to question it. Until now people havenít been able to monitor it or find out the whys and the hows of it working. From what I have heard you say about chi you believe it is a source of energy as do most of you. If it was just a normal flow of electricity we would short out when we took a shower or anything like that. So it has to be an electro magnetic field. There are devices that will read the strength of your field and so far the man with the highest level of chi is nick named doctor chi and is a tie chi instructor in long beach or something like that. I really donít know. If you are interested I can find out some more about this next Thursday. My friend takes classes with the guy so it wonít be too hard. I really want to know how those emfs work and how to make one I know it would coast an @$$ load of money but think of the profits. We could have ships that donít need fuel to fly because they weigh nothing. And about those weighted vests, dam they **** I was trying to be like goku form dragon ball z and ended up tearing out my shoulder from trying handstand pushups with 55 pounds on my body. I still run and do push ups with them on but nothing that extreme anymore. And just for my defense I didnít start this whole chi talk on purpose I really just wanted to know about emfs and their effect on our bodyís.

[This message has been edited by Saber (edited 02-22-2005).]

#89502 - 02/22/05 03:59 PM Re: Serious training question
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Honestly bat girl where the hell did that come fromÖÖ..[/QUOTE]

Now do you see where i'm coming from saber?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga