FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
royal 2
ergees 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Today at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432377 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#89447 - 02/24/05 01:17 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear about your colon. I had a friend who had part of his colon removed due to colon cancer. when the cancer was gone, they stretched out what reamined to reform a sphincter for him.

I would reccomend finding an expert in acupuncture, or an IMA practictioner authentically versed in chi meridians. I believe these tie closely with nerual pathways.

To me, the body is highly adaptable, i find it amazing how we can live sucessfully without organs like a kidney, lung, appendix, or spleen.

I think conceptually as part of the adapting process the body would redirect the chi meridans to compensate for such changes. I am by no means an expert, but i suspect that a real expert would be able to predict what the new pathways may be, prior to starting any serious IMA practice.

I think you could probably still practice IMA, but you would have to do a bit more homework then some others before starting.

hope that helps,
Ed

#89448 - 02/24/05 01:51 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hardluck:
Batgirl,

I still agree with other posters that credentials need to be established, and frankly when I read your explanations and posts It makes me think xfiles.

I've read alot of IMA material, spoken with many IMA, and been practicing hsing-i for 2 months. I profess I don't know anything yet. I am just concentrating on learning the forms and connecting my body.

Anyways my point being. I haven't met anyone that talks about energy/chi ect. ect. like you. And I my b.s. meter goes off the charts every time.

I don't mean to be offensive, its just that sadly I think a lot of people get extremely skewed and flawed thoughts and beliefs about chi and the internal aspects of these arts.

I think the questions about your background training are valid. And "I took these 3 martial arts" is not an answer at all, especially when your trying to give advice that could ultimately affect this posters daily activities and general well being.

[This message has been edited by hardluck (edited 02-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by hardluck (edited 02-24-2005).]
[/QUOTE]They may not talk about it but I guarantee you will find it written like that in books on Qi gong, and pranic healing. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#89449 - 02/24/05 02:17 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

Batgirl:

I have a rather extensive library on qigong, neigong and the like...even many titles on other topics that you have mentioned in your post. Would you mind sharing a few of the titles that you indicate match up to the process, methods and ideas that you have espoused?

Michael

#89450 - 02/24/05 02:25 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for responding to only one of the many points I put forth. I think we have a troll on our hands folks.

#89451 - 02/24/05 03:41 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any chance of bringing this thread back to rondog's orginal question? I think its a very interesting topic...

Time for shout outs!

Kempoman? Laf? Nenipp? ButterflyPalm? Lucid?
Anybody? Reiki? Mysterious?

Where my peeps at?
Help.....

MrEd

#89452 - 02/24/05 05:12 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Batgirl:

I have a rather extensive library on qigong, neigong and the like...even many titles on other topics that you have mentioned in your post. Would you mind sharing a few of the titles that you indicate match up to the process, methods and ideas that you have espoused?

Michael
[/QUOTE]

You would have to be more specific as to which ones. So I won't waste any time/energy with the nonessential. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#89453 - 02/24/05 05:45 PM Re: ki and health
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrEd:
Any chance of bringing this thread back to rondog's orginal question? I think its a very interesting topic...

Time for shout outs!

Kempoman? Laf? Nenipp? ButterflyPalm? Lucid?
Anybody? Reiki? Mysterious?

Where my peeps at?
Help.....

MrEd
[/QUOTE]

its more a question that the guys like Lane, Meijin & Bossman can answer ...

My personal view is that despite the fact that the large intestine has been removed, the meridien is still or should still be functioning. It may have diminished flow of ki but the meridien is still there.

To help I would look at better grounding.

good topic.

#89454 - 02/25/05 07:13 AM Re: ki and health
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Hi, MrEd

I don't have much to contribute, hence the silence.

Anyway; the LI (as any of the "organs") as thought of in TCM, is a far more extencive "idea" than what we in western med define as the large intestine, so my hunch goes in the same direction as reiki's.
Much of the functions that are included in the "chinese" LI should still be intact, but the balance is bound to be effected?

#89455 - 02/25/05 08:18 AM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrEd:

[I would reccomend finding an expert in acupuncture, or an IMA practictioner authentically versed in chi meridians. I believe these tie closely with nerual pathways.]

while i don't know very much at all about where the chi meridians are in the body i took the liberty of looking up both the chi meridians and the nervous system and here are the links to each.
http://www.innerbody.com/image/nervov.html

that is the link to the image of the nervous system and here is the one for the chi meridians.
http://www.holistic-online.com/Acupuncture/acp_meridians.htm

anyways hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by trekersonly (edited 02-25-2005).]

#89456 - 03/02/05 04:37 PM Re: ki and health
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
bump

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga