FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
Matakiant 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Today at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#89427 - 02/16/05 05:47 PM ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


is there anyone on this site that can help me with an intelligent response to my concern. I had my large instetine(colon) removed when i was 15, i am 22 know. i've practiced internal martial arts also. would havin no colon affect my ki flow. i can get ki to flow but sometimes i don't feel as centered as i could be. i've read different chinese texts describing the internal organs playing a role in ki/chi flow. and the large instestine being an anchor. is there any truth to that. is my ki affected by no colon or is that impossible.

Top
#89428 - 02/16/05 06:02 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by rondog:
is there anyone on this site that can help me with an intelligent response to my concern. I had my large instetine(colon) removed when i was 15, i am 22 know. i've practiced internal martial arts also. would havin no colon affect my ki flow. i can get ki to flow but sometimes i don't feel as centered as i could be. i've read different chinese texts describing the internal organs playing a role in ki/chi flow. and the large instestine being an anchor. is there any truth to that. is my ki affected by no colon or is that impossible.[/QUOTE]
The form of energy flowing through your physical body (nerves) is electricity. It is flowing through you very actively other wise you would'nt be alive. Even though part(s)of your physical body may be missing it still exists in your bioplasmic body (etheric double)/(auric body)and so does this form of energy,it still flows. Study some pranic healing. If you are having trouble staying centered stretch out your hips and build them up. Work out with the splits like Jean Claude Van Damme. Good Luck. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Top
#89429 - 02/17/05 06:45 AM Re: ki and health
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 07/16/03
Posts: 1656
Loc: Colorado, USA
Batgirl -

What is your training background? I am not so sure that I'd agree with some of the things you have posted here, so I would like to know if they are founded within a particular training method or style of IMA.

Regards

Chris

Top
#89430 - 02/17/05 02:40 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fisherman:
Batgirl -

What is your training background? I am not so sure that I'd agree with some of the things you have posted here, so I would like to know if they are founded within a particular training method or style of IMA.

Regards

Chris
[/QUOTE]
No. Warfare and elecrical energy is not governed by IMA only the mind,brain,spirit,nerve,and,body. I was taught Shotokahn Karate,Jujitsu,Ninjutsu,and the Dragon. I took out and utilized what was useful for me at the time. And I owe them my thanks. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Good Luck more current to you.

[This message has been edited by Batgirl (edited 02-17-2005).]

Top
#89431 - 02/17/05 03:57 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Batgirl:

When the original poster of this message indicates that he is consulting different chinese texts, then we are not talking about nerves and the electrical impulses that travel across them. We would, in fact, be speaking of qi and the jingluo (bio-electric energy channels made up of the jingmai or meridians and the luomai or collaterals). With this in mind, I would tend to agree with Fisherman with regards to getting the warm and fuzzies from what your response said.

rondog...specifically to your question...

The Chinese refer to the the organs and bowels and their properties and roles as "zang fu" where "zang" represents the five (5) organs and the "fu" represents the six (6) bowels...of which the large intestine (LI) is a bowel or "fu".

Having it removed is going to imply a few things from the TCM or Zhongyixue perspective. While I have never heard of the LI as being the anchor, it is somewhat important. the zang and the fu have one primary function. In the case of the zang organs, they are designed to store qi. In the case of the fu bowels, they are designed to process and transport qi (see the Yin and they Yang picture there?). So in the case of a missing LI, the energy transport system of your body is weakened. And it would not surprise me at all to hear you say that you feel "less than centered".

The question is what to do about it. First, accept it. You can enhance or improve the situation but never fully correct it. Just is not going to happen and you need to come to grips with that in your own mind. It is like missing a finger. You can learn to adjust, but you are not going to grow that finger back.

Next, if you are interested in this from a TCM perspective as your original comments seem to express, there are several avenues to explore. First, examine things from the perspective of the wuxing of the five elements. In this paradigm, LI is [Yang] metal. So, you should seek out an acupuncturist that follows TCM. consult with them, but you are basically going to want to have him apply treatments that will sedate the fire elements and enhance the metal elements (please note, this is a simplistic view, but I really don't have the time to write a 20 page treatise on the wuxing and all of the interactions there...the acupuncturist will be able to explain it and also do what is necessary). Second, try to find an acupuncturist that is also an herbalist (for the more traditional practioners, this is almost always the case or they have partnered with one). If not, they should be able to refer you to one. The information I gave on the wuxing can also be treated through herbal formulas. Third, qigong is going to be a huge help to you. And you can concentrate in a couple of different areas...but you are going to need an instructor or instructors that can help take you down the path. First, you need to learn a qigong set that is going to work what you commonly called the extraordinary vessels (the Qi Jing Ba Mai in Chinese). A more correct term would be the the eight strange, mysterious or odd flows and vessels. they consist of the Ren Mai, Du Mai, Chong Mai, Yinwei Mai, Yangwei Mai, Yinqiao Mai, and Yangqiao Mai. I say you need to start working on these because one of the primary functions of the EVs is to assist the 12 main meridians when there is an abundance or shortage of qi in the flow process. Obviously, you are missing the LI. So, there are specific exercises for the EVs that can help with this and, in turn, help to regulate the flow of qi. Second, you need to learn a wuxing or five element qigong set. My old organization the DSI (see http://www.dragonsociety.com) sells a video of one of the 5 element sets. I highly recommend it (and note I said old organization...I get nothing for that plug form them). Lastly, you need to learn a standard or basic health oriented qigong set. I would recommend the Yi Jin Jing qigong set (Ekkin Kiko in Japanese) and is the "muscle/tendon changing" set and then (after a long enough period to see and feel results) move onto the Xi Sui Jing (Senzui Kiko in Japanese) and is the "marrow washing set". If you find a good acupuncturist and/or herbalist, they should be able to point you to someone or may even be trained in this or something very much akin to what I am talking about. And remember, sometimes you just have to be persistant with them about the training.

Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend you research and speak to a professional. You can get alot of crap off of the internet. I stand 100% behind what I say, but have someone check you out and see what the situation is and then get their recommendations that are tailored to you personally after their "hands on" review.

I hope that is of some help and also that you will keep us posted of your progress.

Michael

Top
#89432 - 02/17/05 04:38 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Batgirl:

When the original poster of this message indicates that he is consulting different chinese texts, then we are not talking about nerves and the electrical impulses that travel across them. We would, in fact, be speaking of qi and the jingluo (bio-electric energy channels made up of the jingmai or meridians and the luomai or collaterals). With this in mind, I would tend to agree with Fisherman with regards to getting the warm and fuzzies from what your response said.

rondog...specifically to your question...

The Chinese refer to the the organs and bowels and their properties and roles as "zang fu" where "zang" represents the five (5) organs and the "fu" represents the six (6) bowels...of which the large intestine (LI) is a bowel or "fu".

Having it removed is going to imply a few things from the TCM or Zhongyixue perspective. While I have never heard of the LI as being the anchor, it is somewhat important. the zang and the fu have one primary function. In the case of the zang organs, they are designed to store qi. In the case of the fu bowels, they are designed to process and transport qi (see the Yin and they Yang picture there?). So in the case of a missing LI, the energy transport system of your body is weakened. And it would not surprise me at all to hear you say that you feel "less than centered".

The question is what to do about it. First, accept it. You can enhance or improve the situation but never fully correct it. Just is not going to happen and you need to come to grips with that in your own mind. It is like missing a finger. You can learn to adjust, but you are not going to grow that finger back.

Next, if you are interested in this from a TCM perspective as your original comments seem to express, there are several avenues to explore. First, examine things from the perspective of the wuxing of the five elements. In this paradigm, LI is [Yang] metal. So, you should seek out an acupuncturist that follows TCM. consult with them, but you are basically going to want to have him apply treatments that will sedate the fire elements and enhance the metal elements (please note, this is a simplistic view, but I really don't have the time to write a 20 page treatise on the wuxing and all of the interactions there...the acupuncturist will be able to explain it and also do what is necessary). Second, try to find an acupuncturist that is also an herbalist (for the more traditional practioners, this is almost always the case or they have partnered with one). If not, they should be able to refer you to one. The information I gave on the wuxing can also be treated through herbal formulas. Third, qigong is going to be a huge help to you. And you can concentrate in a couple of different areas...but you are going to need an instructor or instructors that can help take you down the path. First, you need to learn a qigong set that is going to work what you commonly called the extraordinary vessels (the Qi Jing Ba Mai in Chinese). A more correct term would be the the eight strange, mysterious or odd flows and vessels. they consist of the Ren Mai, Du Mai, Chong Mai, Yinwei Mai, Yangwei Mai, Yinqiao Mai, and Yangqiao Mai. I say you need to start working on these because one of the primary functions of the EVs is to assist the 12 main meridians when there is an abundance or shortage of qi in the flow process. Obviously, you are missing the LI. So, there are specific exercises for the EVs that can help with this and, in turn, help to regulate the flow of qi. Second, you need to learn a wuxing or five element qigong set. My old organization the DSI (see http://www.dragonsociety.com) sells a video of one of the 5 element sets. I highly recommend it (and note I said old organization...I get nothing for that plug form them). Lastly, you need to learn a standard or basic health oriented qigong set. I would recommend the Yi Jin Jing qigong set (Ekkin Kiko in Japanese) and is the "muscle/tendon changing" set and then (after a long enough period to see and feel results) move onto the Xi Sui Jing (Senzui Kiko in Japanese) and is the "marrow washing set". If you find a good acupuncturist and/or herbalist, they should be able to point you to someone or may even be trained in this or something very much akin to what I am talking about. And remember, sometimes you just have to be persistant with them about the training.

Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend you research and speak to a professional. You can get alot of crap off of the internet. I stand 100% behind what I say, but have someone check you out and see what the situation is and then get their recommendations that are tailored to you personally after their "hands on" review.

I hope that is of some help and also that you will keep us posted of your progress.

Michael
[/QUOTE]
Agree with me or not, thanks for sharing your insight. I'll be sure to get back with you, especially with the muscle/tendon changing. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Top
#89433 - 02/18/05 06:40 AM Re: ki and health
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 07/16/03
Posts: 1656
Loc: Colorado, USA
Batgirl posted....
[QUOTE] I was taught Shotokahn Karate,Jujitsu,Ninjutsu,and the Dragon. I took out and utilized what was useful for me at the time. And I owe them my thanks.[/QUOTE]

What is Dragon?

How are the 3 external MA's that you posted involved with the energetics that you speak of?

Top
#89434 - 02/18/05 02:20 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fisherman:
Batgirl posted....
What is Dragon?

How are the 3 external MA's that you posted involved with the energetics that you speak of?

[/QUOTE]
They are not solely external you should know that as a true martial artist. But if you are not let me know so that I may point out a few gray areas. And without going bizarro on you, When you think of the Dragon think of warfare free and unbound by style,technique,physical pressures,and passions. But rather the power is within your own form and the natural flowing of the enviroment(nature). [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] See you tuesday 23/05

Top
#89435 - 02/18/05 02:55 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Ummmm..I beg to differ....yes, the arts that you listed are external. Shotokan is external. Jujutsu is external. Ninjutsu is external.

You can establish "grey areas" for yourself all that you want, but they are external.

If you are going to make the arguement that one or any of these is internal or even partly internal, then I request very strongly that you indicate your level of experience in each. Which variance of Shotokan did you study and for how long? Which Jujutsu ryuha? How long? What is your experience in Ninjutsu? Booj? Genbukan? Jinenkan?

Make the arguements all you want, that is your right as a poster to this forum. However, if you want the majority of folks to believe anything that you say or to even halfway take it seriously, then you need to establish some qualifications.

Fair enough?

Michael

Top
#89436 - 02/18/05 03:14 PM Re: ki and health
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 07/16/03
Posts: 1656
Loc: Colorado, USA
[QUOTE]They are not solely external you should know that as a true martial artist.[/QUOTE]

Who are you to say who on this board is a true martial artist?
I beg to differ as well. The arts you mentioned are external. They move with segmented power and do not have the same mechanical principles as say Baguazhang or Taijiquan.


[QUOTE]But if you are not let me know so that I may point out a few gray areas.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI - I am a martial artist (althogh I amy not be a very good one).
I have to agree with Michael that there is no gray area especially when it comes down to the MA's that you listed in your post.

[QUOTE]And without going bizarro on you, When you think of the Dragon think of warfare free and unbound by style,technique,physical pressures,and passions. But rather the power is within your own form and the natural flowing of the enviroment(nature).[/QUOTE]

This sounds a bit odd to me. This appears to be a free formed BS statement if you ask me. What is the foundation and structural principles underlying 'dragon'?

Top
#89437 - 02/18/05 04:02 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, the original topic was energy and health. In order to have external efficiency we must have internal efficiency. Neither can exist without the other, like good and evil. So as much as we would all like to believe some arts or sports are solely external they are not. You do not need rocket science credentials to prove that. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] See you tuesday 22/05 .

Top
#89438 - 02/18/05 11:33 PM Re: ki and health
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/05/04
Posts: 4064
Loc: Limbo
You obviously have a limited understanding of what an internal art is.

Top
#89439 - 02/19/05 06:29 AM Re: ki and health
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 07/16/03
Posts: 1656
Loc: Colorado, USA
Batgirl -
You have not given me 1 straight forward answer to a question without smothering it in esoterics.
When pople muddle their words with esoterics as you have, it makes them come across as a know it all that really doesn't know what they are talking about.

Top
#89440 - 02/19/05 06:00 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fisherman:
Batgirl -
You have not given me 1 straight forward answer to a question without smothering it in esoterics.
When pople muddle their words with esoterics as you have, it makes them come across as a know it all that really doesn't know what they are talking about.

[/QUOTE]

OWNED

Top
#89441 - 02/19/05 09:52 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


She's courteous though, I'll give her that.

See you next Tuesday [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

;-)

Top
#89442 - 02/19/05 11:00 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
You obviously have a limited understanding of what an internal art is.

[/QUOTE]

In previous discussions on this topic wasn't it established that the mindset and training methods are the most improtant factors in deciding whether an art is external or intenal?

Top
#89443 - 02/20/05 06:29 AM Re: ki and health
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/05/04
Posts: 4064
Loc: Limbo
There are only three systems that are truly "internal", xingyi, taiji and bagua. There are others that incorporate internal principles but they are external arts. I assure you 100% shotokan is not an external art. While ninjutsu, legit ninjutsu that is, does incorporate several of the same concepts in it's taijutsu it is still an external art. Jujutsu is a no brainer.

Top
#89444 - 02/20/05 09:55 AM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Well...I don't know if it is just 3...

Aikido I might lump into the internal.

Yiquan (Dachengchuan) I would most certainly put into the internal category.

Xinyiquan (forerunner to, but different than Xinyiquan) I would put in the internal category.

Liuhe Bafaquan (6 Harmonies 8 methods fist) I would put into the internal category.

That would be about all though...

Michael

Top
#89445 - 02/21/05 02:43 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Anyway's my only concern is channelling my martial energy. Not to argue whether or not art is external or internal. To do this we need to give our bodies what it needs not just to stay healthy but to channelize mentally and physically. If we do not our bodies will not fulfill our minds desires. Now that's energy and health 101. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Let's do our best to work together(harmonize) for all our goals.

Top
#89446 - 02/24/05 12:17 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Batgirl,

I still agree with other posters that credentials need to be established, and frankly when I read your explanations and posts It makes me think xfiles.

I've read alot of IMA material, spoken with many IMA, and been practicing hsing-i for 2 months. I profess I don't know anything yet. I am just concentrating on learning the forms and connecting my body.

Anyways my point being. I haven't met anyone that talks about energy/chi ect. ect. like you. And I my b.s. meter goes off the charts every time.

I don't mean to be offensive, its just that sadly I think a lot of people get extremely skewed and flawed thoughts and beliefs about chi and the internal aspects of these arts.

I think the questions about your background training are valid. And "I took these 3 martial arts" is not an answer at all, especially when your trying to give advice that could ultimately affect this posters daily activities and general well being.

[This message has been edited by hardluck (edited 02-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by hardluck (edited 02-24-2005).]

Top
#89447 - 02/24/05 01:17 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Sorry to hear about your colon. I had a friend who had part of his colon removed due to colon cancer. when the cancer was gone, they stretched out what reamined to reform a sphincter for him.

I would reccomend finding an expert in acupuncture, or an IMA practictioner authentically versed in chi meridians. I believe these tie closely with nerual pathways.

To me, the body is highly adaptable, i find it amazing how we can live sucessfully without organs like a kidney, lung, appendix, or spleen.

I think conceptually as part of the adapting process the body would redirect the chi meridans to compensate for such changes. I am by no means an expert, but i suspect that a real expert would be able to predict what the new pathways may be, prior to starting any serious IMA practice.

I think you could probably still practice IMA, but you would have to do a bit more homework then some others before starting.

hope that helps,
Ed

Top
#89448 - 02/24/05 01:51 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by hardluck:
Batgirl,

I still agree with other posters that credentials need to be established, and frankly when I read your explanations and posts It makes me think xfiles.

I've read alot of IMA material, spoken with many IMA, and been practicing hsing-i for 2 months. I profess I don't know anything yet. I am just concentrating on learning the forms and connecting my body.

Anyways my point being. I haven't met anyone that talks about energy/chi ect. ect. like you. And I my b.s. meter goes off the charts every time.

I don't mean to be offensive, its just that sadly I think a lot of people get extremely skewed and flawed thoughts and beliefs about chi and the internal aspects of these arts.

I think the questions about your background training are valid. And "I took these 3 martial arts" is not an answer at all, especially when your trying to give advice that could ultimately affect this posters daily activities and general well being.

[This message has been edited by hardluck (edited 02-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by hardluck (edited 02-24-2005).]
[/QUOTE]They may not talk about it but I guarantee you will find it written like that in books on Qi gong, and pranic healing. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Top
#89449 - 02/24/05 02:17 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Batgirl:

I have a rather extensive library on qigong, neigong and the like...even many titles on other topics that you have mentioned in your post. Would you mind sharing a few of the titles that you indicate match up to the process, methods and ideas that you have espoused?

Michael

Top
#89450 - 02/24/05 02:25 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Thanks for responding to only one of the many points I put forth. I think we have a troll on our hands folks.

Top
#89451 - 02/24/05 03:41 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


Any chance of bringing this thread back to rondog's orginal question? I think its a very interesting topic...

Time for shout outs!

Kempoman? Laf? Nenipp? ButterflyPalm? Lucid?
Anybody? Reiki? Mysterious?

Where my peeps at?
Help.....

MrEd

Top
#89452 - 02/24/05 05:12 PM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Batgirl:

I have a rather extensive library on qigong, neigong and the like...even many titles on other topics that you have mentioned in your post. Would you mind sharing a few of the titles that you indicate match up to the process, methods and ideas that you have espoused?

Michael
[/QUOTE]

You would have to be more specific as to which ones. So I won't waste any time/energy with the nonessential. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Top
#89453 - 02/24/05 05:45 PM Re: ki and health
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/30/02
Posts: 3400
Loc: MiddleEarth
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrEd:
Any chance of bringing this thread back to rondog's orginal question? I think its a very interesting topic...

Time for shout outs!

Kempoman? Laf? Nenipp? ButterflyPalm? Lucid?
Anybody? Reiki? Mysterious?

Where my peeps at?
Help.....

MrEd
[/QUOTE]


its more a question that the guys like Lane, Meijin & Bossman can answer ...

My personal view is that despite the fact that the large intestine has been removed, the meridien is still or should still be functioning. It may have diminished flow of ki but the meridien is still there.

To help I would look at better grounding.

good topic.

Top
#89454 - 02/25/05 07:13 AM Re: ki and health
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Registered: 04/13/04
Posts: 1205
Hi, MrEd

I don't have much to contribute, hence the silence.

Anyway; the LI (as any of the "organs") as thought of in TCM, is a far more extencive "idea" than what we in western med define as the large intestine, so my hunch goes in the same direction as reiki's.
Much of the functions that are included in the "chinese" LI should still be intact, but the balance is bound to be effected?

Top
#89455 - 02/25/05 08:18 AM Re: ki and health
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrEd:

[I would reccomend finding an expert in acupuncture, or an IMA practictioner authentically versed in chi meridians. I believe these tie closely with nerual pathways.]

while i don't know very much at all about where the chi meridians are in the body i took the liberty of looking up both the chi meridians and the nervous system and here are the links to each.
http://www.innerbody.com/image/nervov.html

that is the link to the image of the nervous system and here is the one for the chi meridians.
http://www.holistic-online.com/Acupuncture/acp_meridians.htm

anyways hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by trekersonly (edited 02-25-2005).]

Top
#89456 - 03/02/05 04:37 PM Re: ki and health
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/30/02
Posts: 3400
Loc: MiddleEarth
bump

Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >


Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga