FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
35 minutes 33 seconds ago
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
35 minutes 33 seconds ago
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#89347 - 02/15/05 01:17 AM What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

now one day when it was really cold outside I for some reason started to chanel my energy and I started becoming really warm in my chest area. What the hell is that because now I can do it whenever I want. Do you have any idea to what it is?

#89348 - 02/15/05 02:18 AM Re: What is this that I feel?
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chatham Kent UK
It's the flow of chi through the conception vessel meridian, put your tongue to the top palette, hollow (by softening) your chest and pull in your lower abdomen and you will increase the flow.

#89349 - 02/15/05 02:20 AM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[This message has been edited by SANCHIN31 (edited 02-15-2005).]

[This message has been edited by SANCHIN31 (edited 02-15-2005).]

#89350 - 02/15/05 10:49 AM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, another question is there a way to channel this energy into my arms or what not. I mean I can controll it in my chest but how about controlling it somewhere else in my body. Is that possible?

#89351 - 02/15/05 05:14 PM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zzzcvbn2000:
Thanks, another question is there a way to channel this energy into my arms or what not. I mean I can controll it in my chest but how about controlling it somewhere else in my body. Is that possible?[/QUOTE]
yes slap your hands together really hard with might. Do this as long as needed. This is true jing that you feel warming your arms and hands. Not to mention sound energy.

#89352 - 03/03/05 11:09 AM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bossman:
It's the flow of chi through the conception vessel meridian, put your tongue to the top palette, hollow (by softening) your chest and pull in your lower abdomen and you will increase the flow. [/QUOTE]

Isn't this the complete oposite of how to build chi?

What you describe sounds like just normal breathing from your chest. Your abdomen needs to be relaxed loose. If you pull it into your body you aren't going to be able to breathe properly.

At least thats how i see it. I don't know very much though.

#89353 - 03/03/05 11:17 AM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Search for the thread on taoist vs. buddhist breathing methods...this might help clarify, but in my experience what bossman has told you will work

#89354 - 03/03/05 01:58 PM Re: What is this that I feel?
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Not sure, but I think "pull in your lower abdomen" in this case might mean straighten your lower back, not the kind of "suction"like movement as in taoist-breathing?

I could be wrong, of course... Bossman?

#89355 - 03/03/05 03:03 PM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

nenipp:

Well...from a qigong point of view you never want to "straighten the lower back". It has a slight curvature (as does the neck) for a reason...two main ones actually.

First, "normal" qi flow would be down the front and up the back. Straightening out the lower spine makes it more difficult to get the energy up the back and this is one of the primary "sticking" points in qigong exercises such as Xiao Zhou Tian (Small Heavenly Circulation or microcosmic orbit) and Da Zhou Tian (Great/Large Heavenly Circulation or macrocosmic orbit). The point here being able to establish a flow from CV-4 (2" below the navel) to CV-1 (middle of the perineum) to GV-4 (between the kidneys or at the L-2 point on the spine).

Second, straightening the back is going to cause issues with the kua (pelvic crease or more technically the inguinal crease). Within the internal martial arts, there are times to want the kua open and other times closed. If you straighten the lower spine and keep it that way it makes the pelvic tuck and pelvic tilt (movements to close and open the kua) very difficult to do.

This is what I was taught, but your mileage may vary.

#89356 - 03/03/05 08:48 PM Re: What is this that I feel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
nenipp:

Well...from a qigong point of view you never want to "straighten the lower back". It has a slight curvature (as does the neck) for a reason...two main ones actually.

First, "normal" qi flow would be down the front and up the back. Straightening out the lower spine makes it more difficult to get the energy up the back and this is one of the primary "sticking" points in qigong exercises such as Xiao Zhou Tian (Small Heavenly Circulation or microcosmic orbit) and Da Zhou Tian (Great/Large Heavenly Circulation or macrocosmic orbit). The point here being able to establish a flow from CV-4 (2" below the navel) to CV-1 (middle of the perineum) to GV-4 (between the kidneys or at the L-2 point on the spine).

Second, straightening the back is going to cause issues with the kua (pelvic crease or more technically the inguinal crease). Within the internal martial arts, there are times to want the kua open and other times closed. If you straighten the lower spine and keep it that way it makes the pelvic tuck and pelvic tilt (movements to close and open the kua) very difficult to do.

This is what I was taught, but your mileage may vary.

[/QUOTE]

Any tips for someone who has all of that perfect and natural on one side of the body, but the other side moves backwards?
Heh Heh, at least my upper kwa is getting more opened on both sides now...... Imagine my supprise when I realized I have been breathing with only one lung for most of my life! ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga