FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89336 - 02/14/05 09:25 PM Serious Healing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I have a question for anyone who knows about healing injuries or just plain muscle pain. My mom has been in three car accidents in past two months and she says her neck is in pain. She has gone to physical therapy and all but it does not work. She has to go to another doctor soon to get checked out again. Should I suggest for her to go to some kind of healing practitioner like Reiki?(the person and the art) If so, how much would it cost? Would it take days, weeks, or months for it to heal completely? Replies will be much appretiated. In the meantime, I will research on the net for some sites on legiatment practitioners nearby.

Thankyou very much.

-Joe-

#89337 - 02/14/05 11:37 PM Re: Serious Healing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi unlimited, sorry to hear that bro, but you said your mom visit doctor you mean family doctor or chropractic.

I would definetly try to see or visit one those rehab doctor. Check your local community college and check your P.E. Program if they have any rehab program from injury, because the current college that I attend we have gym specially for helping people rehab, like car accident after surgery and stuffs. Hope she get better.

taichi

#89338 - 02/15/05 12:12 AM Re: Serious Healing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

are there any Ostiopathic doctors "D.O." not M.D. in your area(phone book physisians) they have a different approach generaly than "allopathic"(M.D)doctors. ask them about ostiopathic manipulative therapy

#89339 - 02/15/05 02:16 AM Re: Serious Healing Question
nenipp Offline
Veteran

It could be a good idea to try reiki, but I'd personally stay away from chiropractors and any osteopath that suggests spinal manipulative therapy for post traumatic (WAD) neck problems.
Most important IMHO is training that activates the deep muscles that stabilize the cervical vartebrae, if she wants to try some mechanical therapy, I'd recommend a therapist with education in MDT (Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy) ad modum R. McKenzie.
Such therapist shouldn't be hard to find in most parts of the world.
regards,
nenippal

#89340 - 02/15/05 02:27 AM Re: Serious Healing Question
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chatham Kent UK
..... and as a complimentary therapy to help relax and ease the pain, making the body want to heal, Reiki will have no adverse effects.

#89341 - 02/15/05 08:55 PM Re: Serious Healing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all,

First off I would like to say thankyou very much for your responses. I also would like to say that I am sorry I did not explain the situation enough. I was going on assumptions from just overhearing. They were just minor car accidents, not very major, but enough to pull the muscles in the neck pretty bad. I quess it would all add up though.

Anyway, I will definitely take you all up in suggestions you all give me. Taichi, my mom said that she is already doing what you suggested or something very similar to it. Thanks for the information though.

Personallly, I would like my mom to try the reiki, so I could get someone who is close to me to describe how it feels to be treated in that way. To really see the effects of healing with energy in real life.

Oh yea, I said the physical therapy did not work before, but she said it worked about 50%.

Thankyou to all.

-Joe-

#89342 - 02/17/05 01:27 PM Re: Serious Healing Question
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Reiki will help with whatever else your mum decides to go with as far as therapy is concerned & will aid healing.

Unfortunately as I live on the other side of the galaxy I don't know personally any good practioners in your area to suggest.

#89343 - 02/17/05 04:07 PM Re: Serious Healing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

please have no misconception of O.M.T I have been treated by this method.
these are actual doctors that have developed palpating, sreening methods, and diagnosis for spinal injury or cronic dysfunctions.

as good as my teacher

#89344 - 02/18/05 07:28 AM Re: Serious Healing Question
nenipp Offline
Veteran

I don't really understand what you mean by those other terms, but palpation is evidently an unreliable examination method, the inter-tester (Kappa) correlance is embarrassingly low, even among expert therapists.

Do you by OMT mean Orthopedic Manual Therapy, if so, I agree they are usually quite serious and have more than half-decent results too (but I strongly doubt you'd find many of those manipulating traffic-accident [even minor] traumatized cervical spines)

#89345 - 02/21/05 08:01 AM Re: Serious Healing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have her read "Zen In the Martial Arts" Their is a chapter that teaches self healing. Very Simular to what I have learned from my Instructors and it works !

She will need to learn to breath for healing her self!

As for Reiki their are collages that teach and students need a certain amount of time so you could probally get some free treatments.

Best wishes to your mother.
Ajacks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga