FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89184 - 02/07/05 01:46 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Eventhough it does not appear to be complicated there still needs to be proper transmition. The energy works of the body are not something that people should just randomly mess with. They do make a point of this with the disclaimer on the site posted above.

#89185 - 02/07/05 03:17 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fisherman:

This exercise is quite close to a series of exercises that I was taught as a part of my training in the Dragon's Gate sect of the Complete Reality school of Taoism (Long Men Chuan Chen Tao).

These series of exercises, primarily, deal with a variety of different elemental energies (the wuxing or gogyo) and are designed to enhance and regulate those elemental energies...in somewhat the same way that the five element hsing/quan or Xingyiquan do.

That help any?

Michael

#89186 - 02/08/05 06:50 AM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Michael

Thanks for your input!!

Couple of questions for you...

[QUOTE]Dragon's Gate sect of the Complete Reality school of Taoism (Long Men Chuan Chen Tao).[/QUOTE]

Is this the sect as taught by Wang Liping? or is it Quan Saihung?

I guess my next question would then be... in an exercise where you are working all 5 elements simultaneously would it be similar to Heng Quan in the context that you are combining the other 4 elements to make the 5th?

In reference to the Star exercise mentioned above, I am wondering if they teach any solo exercises to work on single elements at a time as does the 8 brocades.

Thanks again for your input.

Chris

#89187 - 02/08/05 09:57 AM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris:

I assume you mean Kwan Saihung?

My admittedly very limited training in "Complete Reality" comes through a student of Wang Liping. I have heard of Kwan Saihung, but have never had the opportunity to meet him. I have heard good and bad...not sure which is true. But, the same can be said of me <grin!>, so I will withhold judgement until I meet him. If he is half as good as the gentleman who instructed me, then he is awesome.

Just by way of background, my exposure to Complete Reality came as a result of my Taijiquan training. For a brief time in Houston, I was a student of Cheng Jin Cai (he being a student of Chen Zhaokui and later Wang Xian). I met the Complete Reality teacher as a result of working on the Yi Lu form (laojia) in a park. What do they say? When you are ready for a teacher one will find you?

You said:
"I guess my next question would then be... in an exercise where you are working all 5 elements simultaneously would it be similar to Heng Quan in the context that you are combining the other 4 elements to make the 5th?"

Interesting...I have never heard it put that way. My understanding (and please know that my understanding of Xingyiquan is limited) that each of the wuxing is seperate with Heng Quan being at the center and neutral and that you are not combining the other 4 to make the 5th. Can you elaborate?

Also along these lines...do you practice the Wuxing Sheng Ke? this is where my understanding of the above comes...each element stands alone and then follows the cycle of creation and/or destruction.

You said:
"In reference to the Star exercise mentioned above, I am wondering if they teach any solo exercises to work on single elements at a time as does the 8 brocades."

Well, this is essentially what I ment. I did not read the link for the exercise above. My reference to Complete Reality was basically what you are talking about here. There are a series of seperate qigong exercises for each single element. I guess I should go read the link for this exercise...but since I don't need to add anything to my plate right now, I didn't. Complete Reality has a series of exercises for each seperate element of the wuxing and then a series of exercises for the combined elements. The majority of which are longevity exercises.

That answer your questions?

Thanks for the comments, I look forward to your response.

Michael

#89188 - 02/08/05 10:22 AM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

BTW Chris....Henan, Shanxi or Heibei?

Thanks!

Michael

#89189 - 02/08/05 06:53 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Hey Michael

Thanks for the in depth response

To answer one of your questions; we train Hebei Xingyi - via the Hong Yi Shiang lineage. I have to admit that I am not all that familliar with the Xingyi stuff myself. I am primarily a Bagua dude (YiZong - Gao style). I do however find the Wuxing fists extremely useful to train as they are everywhere within the 'post-heaven' lines within our system. That and they are quite direct and useful within the fighing context too.

[QUOTE] I assume you mean Kwan Saihung? [/QUOTE]

Yep.

Do you know if Wang Liping is still alive and if so where he is living these days? I thought that he was out in CA somewhere.

As for Heng Quan being a combination of the other 4 elements - 'crossing' = earth where the other 4 elements reside. Like I said my Xingyi knowledge and how the elements actually relate to the forms is pretty minimal.
There are 2 linkages of the elements that I know at this point - am not sure if they are the creation and destruction cycles at this point. I suppose I should ask my teacher. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] I don't blame you for not reading through the web site's stuff - belive me - I know what its like to have a full plate. Mine has been full since I started. Everytime that I start to see the edge of the plae my teachers just pile on some more 'food'.

Yummy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga