FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Victor Smith 1
ergees 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89174 - 02/05/05 01:42 AM The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've read about the star exercise and tried this technique for generating chi energy, all I can say is my feet and hands buzz for about 5 minutes after I have done this yoga (Sometimes my whole body). I do not believe this is hyperventilization, but who knows, I would like to know what others experience trying this technique.

[IMG]http://www.meditation-techniques.net/meditations/staranimate2.gif[/IMG]

The technique (see visual)

Close your eyes arms and legs outstretched like a star. Left palm up, right palm down...actually just read the link it explain this much better

http://www.meditation-techniques.net/meditations/starexercise.htm

#89175 - 02/05/05 04:03 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I practice that exercise myself. I find it to be great! And powerful too. Sounds like it is working well for you, and powerfully also right? I have the same experience. Also maybe try the laying planetary polarity meditation, I find it creates intense buzzing in my chakras and whole body, if I practice mindfully. And I find myself breathing rythmically automatically sometimes in laying meditation. Sometimes it gets so strong I feel as if I'm gonna sit up, or actually, the vibration energy is going to sit up, leaving my body on the ground. Sometimes I might practice Yoga and and then meditation, sometimes seperately. You can also do meditation then Yoga. So that's excellent, anyways, it is not hyperventilation because the energy can last for quite sometime after the practice as you mentioned, and I don't get dizzy at all when I practice. You don't have to do it so intensely when you start and the amount of breaths you take is up to you. It really opens the shoulders and upper body, so it is more health than martial arts, but if you think about it, it is an open posture, which I beleive in the end is more important for the health of the internal organs than a closed posture,( lol, unless taking a hit!) you need both. I think it would be good for the heart too. For martial arts, any posture which is the opposite of the star exersice, ( which would be round, or circular shoulders) is correct. Seriously, I often check if my Taijiquan posture is correct by thinking of the star exersice. If it's the opposite to the star exercise, it's correct. Shoulders always sunk a little for either one.

I think the Yoga videos exlpain the techniques and the breathing the best. I am impressed with how they use the dantien and waist in their TIbetan Yoga. When the women who really knows what she's doing does it, it's like her abdomen is an airbag being filled with air and then released of air, her abdomen almost looks like that! Like a bag being filled and emptied of air! IMA's also use the dantien and waist in a variety of ways, such as spiralling the dantien, shaking dantien, vibrating dantien, bombing dantien into the ground.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 02-05-2005).]

#89176 - 02/05/05 11:38 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

have you ever tried the star exercize as recommended with two or more people, I have not yet but I was wondering how it went (if you have).

Also to answer your question, yes I do have a buzz for a few hours after the meditation and a bliss. This is truely a remarkable technique.

#89177 - 02/06/05 05:21 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have done it with one other person a few times. I find if I am in a focused meditative state the results are most powerful, but in a way, I don't really focus or visualise too intensely really.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 02-06-2005).]

#89178 - 02/06/05 08:00 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Just out of curiosity. Can anyone tell me the purpose of doing these exercises other than they "help you build qi"?

#89179 - 02/07/05 12:13 AM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

Afew things I can think of for now-

to intergrate, develop, and refine the functioning of the physical, mental, and spiritual being together

it is a star, meaning it cultivates what would be the 5 elements, built off of yin and yang the two sides of the body etc.

It is an enlightenment practice, I think potentially a small mini "death". It is like almost, a posture of giving up attachments.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 02-07-2005).]

#89180 - 02/07/05 05:15 AM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

I just spent a bit of time reading the link that was posted here...

Personally - I think that it sounds a bit hokey. Seems to be a bit overly esoteric to me.

Perhaps Reiki could chime in and give a few thoughts on this...

#89181 - 02/07/05 10:14 AM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is is very old. Yoga is one of the oldest known practices I think. How esoteric it was, I doubt was a consideration when it was created. Throughout known human history, it was practiced by monks. Like most qigong and meditation actually.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 02-07-2005).]

#89182 - 02/07/05 12:53 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Posted by serious pain...

[QUOTE]Is is very old. Yoga is one of the oldest known practices I think.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that. As the legend says; Ta Mo brought the I Chin Ching from India via the Himalayas. The I Chin Chings' postures are quite similar to those of Hatha Yoga.

[QUOTE] How esoteric it was, I doubt was a consideration when it was created. Throughout known human history, it was practiced by monks. Like most qigong and meditation actually.[/QUOTE]

I guess this is where I have a hard time grasping this. The esoteric contents of this knowledge of this exercise was not an issue when it was created because it was not posted on the internet, rather it was passed on through direct transmition.
The people practicing this exercise these days are hardly monks. Most people do these things today because it makes them feel good. Not because they are trying to reach enlightenment as a monk.

I guess my biggest beef with this stuff or any type of energy art whether it be martial or healing in nature is that it can not be properly taught/transmited via the internet.

#89183 - 02/07/05 01:28 PM Re: The Star Exercise- Ultimate Chi energy technique
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I see that point, you can't be incorrect in your movements. But I really beleive the true secret is in the practice itself. Practiceing it and studying the exersices and routines everyday is the key. Don't think it is so overly complicated or esoteric it can't be understood with practice and study though, IMO and understanding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga