FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 11
trevek 6
cxt 6
JKogas 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Today at 01:18 PM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432448 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#89161 - 02/03/05 10:57 PM A Proposition
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the short time I've been on this forum I have learned a lot about chi and ki but I have also learned that this forum attracts attention and or topics that offend or piss off the moderators. Therefore I propose that either they or us (People who misuse the forum or actually wants to talk about other things remotely related to the energy arts or just energy) create a new forum; something along the line of this forum yet pertaining toward smaller sets of people or just people who see the energy arts in a different way.

Laf, Kempo at least look into this and leave this thread open for a couple of days befor you lock it.

THX,
The Tadpole

#89162 - 02/04/05 03:29 AM Re: A Proposition
Anonymous
Unregistered

tadpole,
why not find somewhere that already has a forum for this sort of thing?

the fighting arts forums are for genuine martial arts, if you want to talk about something totally unrelated then go elsewhere

#89163 - 02/04/05 05:48 AM Re: A Proposition
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meanstreak:
tadpole,
why not find somewhere that already has a forum for this sort of thing?

the fighting arts forums are for genuine martial arts, if you want to talk about something totally unrelated then go elsewhere
[/QUOTE]

I am right there with you Meanstreak. When it has been proven time and time again that the radki stuff is all bogus and doesn't stand up to a 10 year old with 2 months of taebo.....

[QUOTE] In the short time I've been on this forum I have learned a lot about chi and ki but I have also learned that this forum attracts attention and or topics that offend or piss off the moderators. [/QUOTE]

Then you should probably understand b now that the radki stuff is all fake. Take a look at the radki challenge video

#89164 - 02/04/05 11:46 AM Re: A Proposition
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really do not think it would hurt to have a seperate forum for other energy talk. I do not know if it would cost money for the website owner though. Even if a lot of people think it is an all fake forum, the people that do post in that forum will eventually see the other martial arts forums. That would bring more members to the website and maybe bring more people to actually take a martial art once they see the other forums. You probably would not need a moderator and it would solve the energy arts forum problem too.

Just a suggestion to all.

-Joe-

#89165 - 02/04/05 12:25 PM Re: A Proposition
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
I'm short on time so i will address this tonight when i finish my shift. I will say that i have no say so when it comes to new forum sections. But i don't think the admin and owner will start a forum for radki, telekenetics and the sort. Simply because it has nothing to do with the forum in general, it's not viewed as a "legitimate" form of fighting or healing art. There are several other forums set up specifically for radki. Just do an internet search for "radki forum". I'm sure you will find something.

#89166 - 02/04/05 01:30 PM Re: A Proposition
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
I'm short on time so i will address this tonight when i finish my shift. I will say that i have no say so when it comes to new forum sections. But i don't think the admin and owner will start a forum for radki, telekenetics and the sort. Simply because it has nothing to do with the forum in general, it's not viewed as a "legitimate" form of fighting or healing art. There are several other forums set up specifically for radki. Just do an internet search for "radki forum". I'm sure you will find something.[/QUOTE]

These are my views as well.

Scott

#89167 - 02/04/05 10:22 PM Re: A Proposition
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok thanks for actually hearing me out and I want to say that I too am a karate 1 year and serious about the Energy Arts I'm simply stating that the side forum topics are sometimes actually intregeing and a great break
from the same thing over and over. And besides a forum is basically a place for opinions and creative critisism and those side topics though
farfeched and fictional to the true meaning of things it must be like the ying and yang some being serius about it and others misunderstood or otherwise acting like normal
people because if you just stay to the main rules and lockup/threat/downtalk those who don't though point understood just makes you a grumpy old person who has it their way or the highway.

Holla back,

AD

#89168 - 02/05/05 02:32 AM Re: A Proposition
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tadpole,
as everyone is pointing out, this forum is for reality, if we wnted cartoons we'd watch them instead of being here. we get our variety from our other interests - we come here for Martial arts

There are many other forum suggestions - such as karate, kung fu, jujitsu forums that have been asked for, but for the moment are unfeasible because of lack of interest from forum users and the extra complications for administrators and the forum owners.
A forum for a subject that is held in the lowest of regard by almost everyone here....well i dont like your chances

now as for acting like "normal
people because if you just stay to the main rules and lockup/threat/downtalk those who don't though point understood just makes you a grumpy old person who has it their way or the highway"

have you ever tried to suggest to your karate teacher that instead of say - kicking practise - that the whole class should spend that time discussing your energy theories?

according to your logic everyone would be glad to do this as a change from the norm, i think however that the best you could hope for from your karate instructor would be some really confused looks - where he/she is trying to figure out wether or not you are joking

as for down talking, well if you act like an idiot, then odds are you will get treated like one. the moderators continously state that topics that have no relation to the martial arts (or reality) will be locked or deleted.

read old posts - youll see that your not the first person to have wild ideas and be told to go elsewhere

#89169 - 02/05/05 05:33 AM Re: A Proposition
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chatham Kent UK
[QUOTE]By Fisherman: When it has been proven time and time again that the radki stuff is all bogus and doesn't stand up to a 10 year old with 2 months of taebo.....[/QUOTE]

ROFL...... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Bossman (edited 02-05-2005).]

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga