FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Matakiant 1
ergees 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#88933 - 01/23/05 04:05 AM Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Akira Toriyama is the creator of Dragonball(Z). If people practice building their Qi by getting ideas from DBZ, then they should realize that Akira Toriyama wrote what they are getting their ideas from. So, the best way to find if there is any reality to DBZ's depiction of Qi is to ask Akira Toriyama. That sounds difficult but don't worry because Shonen Jump (anime/manga magazine) did it for us!

http://www.dbzsc.com/index.php?dbzsc=shonen

[QUOTE]Shonen Jump: Dragon Ball seems to have influenced many video games and manga. Where did you get the idea for the attacks that appear in Dragon Ball, such as the kamehameha and the whole chi power?
Toriyama: Chi [Also spelled "Ki"-Editor] has been used in China since ancient times, but it's supposed to be formless and invisible. However, in manga, in order to make it easier for any reader to grasp, it was necessary to give it a shape. For the kamehameha, I myself did a lot of the different poses and chose the one that I thought would work the best.[/QUOTE]

So, according to Akira Toriyama, his depiction of Qi is for entertainment purposes (by making it easier for the casual reader/watcher to understand) and is inspired by legitimate Chinese Qigong and such.

So, for the DBZ fan, the best resource for Qi is through anything but Radki because Radki is based on a false depiction of Qi that is made for the sake of the readers'/watchers' entertainment.

Score one...million for us!

#88934 - 01/23/05 06:59 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lol, OMG! wow! DGBZ and Power Ranger IMAs!

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-23-2005).]

#88935 - 01/23/05 07:42 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, let me simplify this for you.

1) Radki kids think DBZ's interpretation of Qi is real.

2) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that it is fiction.

3) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that the Internal Martial Arts are real.

Now, most people do know that DBZ is fiction, but obviously not everyone does since Radki exists. In order to combat Radki why not go to the guy who created the series that inspired Radki? Obviously his words would have some authority over the opinions of Radki kids.

#88936 - 02/07/05 04:09 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stampede03:
Akira Toriyama is the creator of Dragonball(Z). If people practice building their Qi by getting ideas from DBZ, then they should realize that Akira Toriyama wrote what they are getting their ideas from. So, the best way to find if there is any reality to DBZ's depiction of Qi is to ask Akira Toriyama. That sounds difficult but don't worry because Shonen Jump (anime/manga magazine) did it for us!

http://www.dbzsc.com/index.php?dbzsc=shonen

So, according to Akira Toriyama, his depiction of Qi is for entertainment purposes (by making it easier for the casual reader/watcher to understand) and is inspired by legitimate Chinese Qigong and such.

So, for the DBZ fan, the best resource for Qi is through anything but Radki because Radki is based on a false depiction of Qi that is made for the sake of the readers'/watchers' entertainment.

Score one...million for us!
[/QUOTE]

Well, if you ask me Toriyama said he did the poses himself. lol this should have been taped sounds hilarious. Oh wait a minute... he said it was qi and was formless, all he did was ad shape and form.

#88937 - 02/07/05 07:41 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stampede03:
Okay, let me simplify this for you.

1) Radki kids think DBZ's interpretation of Qi is real.

2) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that it is fiction.

3) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that the Internal Martial Arts are real.

Now, most people do know that DBZ is fiction, but obviously not everyone does since Radki exists. In order to combat Radki why not go to the guy who created the series that inspired Radki? Obviously his words would have some authority over the opinions of Radki kids.
[/QUOTE]

I am wondering where you are drawing the line between Radki people and non - believers of Radki. Their might be some trouble doing this because their is alot of people that believe in Radki but in different degrees and perspectives. I definitely think there is a real problem in classifying people with only one term when many people might believe in, lets say the "gray area". (there may be other shades too) For example someone believing to be able to do a ki blast but not believing in the capability of levitation. I think the Radki stuff is a possibilty to be proven true. I definitely have my doubts but I still am going to believe something like that is a possibility. Just because I have not seen it, or just because someone else told me it was not true, will not convince me otherwise.
I am sorry for ramblin on like this. I kind of get carried away with this kind of stuff. Just please answer my question.

Thanks for listening and responding.

-Joe-

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-07-2005).]

#88938 - 02/07/05 09:15 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Radki and kiblasts were derived from cartoons. There is no "gray area".

#88939 - 02/08/05 06:11 AM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
If you think that they are real, take a peek at this http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000451.html

#88940 - 02/08/05 02:57 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now I never said they were definitely real, Fisherman. I never said anyone ever accomplished a Ki Blast or whatever the Radki stuff is.

"Radki and kiblasts were derived from cartoons. There is no "gray area". "

I know they were. I could care less that they were derived from cartoons. I was just saying, people who believed in Radki might believe in it in certain degrees or certain parts of it. Now there definitely is a gray area in my mind whether you think I am right or not. It is my opinion. I was saying the gray area (Which I made up by the way) was where people believe in it a lot less than the Radki people. The gray area people might think it is a possibility in the future or they might believe in half the Radki stuff. Thos were just a few examples.

Just from looking at that picture on that website makes me think those people are not going in the right direction. I really do not think there is anything wrong with a little experiment here and there since that is how you learn. You learn from your mistakes. 20 years from now I could look back at this and say "what an idiot I was" or I could look back and say the oposite.

Thankyou for your responses.

-Joe-

P.S. Oh yea, please do not lock this thread. I will stop if you want me too. Just ask.

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-08-2005).]

#88941 - 02/08/05 03:34 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
There are a lot of people training in legitimate art who think things like kiblasts or radki may someday be possible. They are also young and have active imaginations. There is nothing wrong with that. I truly don't care if someone wants to spend the next ten years learning from the ki manual. I also have nothing personal against anyone who has come here to discuss it. What i have a problem with is the blatant lack of respect for the rules that have been laid out for this forum. Take it someplace else. There are several posts here where myself and kempman have stated this forum is not the place for it but they prefer to ignore that and post anyway. Then get upset when the thread is locked or deleted. Also when it comes to claims of being able to actually do kiblasts, expect to show proof if you want to discuss it here. I know there will be no proof but i feel it only fair to give them the chance to perform what they claim they have already done. It almost always goes the same way.

'random ki guy'-"i shot a ki blast at my friend the other day and he flew 5 feet. then i did it again to another guy in a fight and he ran home crying."

'moderator'-"prove it"

'random ki guy'-"how do you expect me to prove it. i can just do it, all my friends know i can do it. i don't need to prove anything to you."

'moderator'-"make a video of you shooting something with a ki blast and we will go from there."

'random ki guy'-"ok, but i need a few months to train first."

Time goes by and all we get is "i don't have to prove anything to you".

To anyone here training in a legit form of martial arts, regardless of the style or origin, but still believes ki blasts may be possible i have one thing to say. Enjoy your youth, and keep training because the truth will show itself with experience.

#88942 - 02/08/05 05:09 PM Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fair enough.

I do have a question on how old you are Laff?
I mean no offense or disrespect. If you do not want to tell me I completely understand.
I am 18 by the way and will be 19 in September.

Thankyou very much.

-Joe-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga