FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
futsaowingchun 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#88822 - 01/27/05 05:57 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:
Thanks for the Great information ButterflyPalm. [/QUOTE]

yes butterflypalm is very helpful and thank you for answering my questions. everyone can learn from your knowledge. maybe you we could email eachother in case i have anymore questions.

#88823 - 01/27/05 06:55 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimmythestrange:
Butterflypalm,

i cant seem to keep te covering over my skin for very long.. what can i do to help it stay?? do i need to focus more??

[This message has been edited by jimmythestrange (edited 01-27-2005).]

It is better to keep this an open Forum so that others may also benefit.

As many members have stated in the past, it is not advisable to "teach" over the Net; it can be harmful, believe me; it has nothing to do with being selfish or anything.

You should be learning from an instructor.

However, just this once, I'll help you along.

To keep the 'feeling' longer -- as soon as you can feel it, keep your eyes closed and mentally spiral it around whatever part that feels strongest to you -- whatever direction you like, then reverse the direction -- do not spiral round your head or your spinal cord; you need proper instruction on this.

In the beginning, it helps to just move very slowly that part of the body in the direction you are spiralling.

After every session, do some self-massage from head to toe and then firmly pat all over your body with your hands. This is to make sure there is no stagnation anywhere. Its also good to walk around a bit and drink lots of water. Do not take a bath immediately, wait at least an hour.

Beyond this you need proper instruction.

Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by jimmythestrange (edited 01-27-2005).]
[/QUOTE]

#88824 - 01/27/05 11:18 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
yes please remember to drink plenty of water before and after to aid grounding when working with ki.

We [a number of us reiki practioners] have found that there is a stronger flow of the energy when working outside in the sun. It can also be helpful to work in a quiet and peaceful place such as a park or paddock, especially around trees.

Normally if doing a treatment I try to "clean " the area first of negative and stagnant energy before proceeding.

There are a number of breathing and aura brushing exercises we do prior to reiju that may be beneficial to others working with energy.

#88825 - 01/28/05 08:00 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
yes please remember to drink plenty of water before and after to aid grounding when working with ki.

We [a number of us reiki practioners] have found that there is a stronger flow of the energy when working outside in the sun. It can also be helpful to work in a quiet and peaceful place such as a park or paddock, especially around trees.

Normally if doing a treatment I try to "clean " the area first of negative and stagnant energy before proceeding.

There are a number of breathing and aura brushing exercises we do prior to reiju that may be beneficial to others working with energy.
[/QUOTE]

Just one word about working out in the sun; unless it is early dawn.

I personally would not advise it.

Your body is extra sensitive and more 'open' to interaction with any form of energy when praticing -- be it ultra violet or others.

We do not know enough on the long term effect of this.

Just a word of caution.

There is some concern on the potential danger of ordinary sunbathing.

#88826 - 02/01/05 08:38 AM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

practicing in the sun is not a good idea but rather to practice in the evenings just when it is starting to be sun down, this is a better idea but anyways i am new to this forum and i would like to talk about chi now. my brother and I have been practicing martial arts for 14 years and when i am practicing all my abilities and senses are dramatically increased,(my brother and I fight everyday to heighten our skills and technique). when we fight i can always jump higher than when i am normally practicing by myself and not just a few inches i am talking about atleast 2 feet higher or more(on average my height from the ground is about 8 feet)is this chi or is it something else? thanks for your time and effort.

#88827 - 02/01/05 09:29 AM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

well sometimes when I'm relax I feel a tingling feeling on my hands.............

*Inuyasha*

#88828 - 02/03/05 09:03 AM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been practicing nothing but the 'Lifting the Sky' qi gong form for a few months now. Now, if I think of chi flowing to a particular area, I feel a tingle/shiver move through my body going to that area. If I concentrate gently for a while on chanelling chi to my hands, my fingers often twitch. Is that normal?

#88829 - 02/07/05 06:17 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

well its not like it is only one part of my body but my upper body mainly the force exerted from my arms are much more intense than usual, almost as if someone is punching with me. its kind of strange but it feels good too.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga