FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#88792 - 01/13/05 01:02 PM My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been learning chi on my own from the net, filtering out what works well for me and what doesn't. I find that letting go of ones ego vastly increases chi - and allows you to see what is true. In doing so I final had faith in my chi and let it flow by being positive. I have no master but myself, I think with IMAs this can help. I visualise depending on how I feel at the time, when grounding I visualize roots but sometimes I imagine a Red pole of energy going through my tan tien (and for some reason 2 other points above it in my torso - what could these points be please help).

I belive grounding is the easiest way of getting large amounts of chi fast, although I can gain chi in vertualy any way imaginable. I focus on chi all around me - and contemplate the interconnectedness of all and intend! Intend to recieve chi, Intend to use chi, intend to recover chi faster, intend to increase my maximum chi level.... :P It goes on....

This partnered with effort, relaxation and self belief.

Chi is very much a human force - we have been given a gift - accept it. I think many people are resricted by thinking it is mumbo jumbo, without having the proper insight into the true meaning of chi.

I want to know how far along I am because I have no-one to compare myself with.

If meditating eyes open objects seem to shake in my periferal vision - and all becomes brighter.

My nasal passage becomes tingly.

meditating with eyes closed... I think I have achieved the buddhist sphere on nothingness only once - where it seemed I was in a void/vacuum.

I can make ki balls in my hands (are they meant to be solid - or magnetic pole like?) but I can't see them.

Well I'd like to read the experiences of others in full like mine [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] and possibly some help in bettering my attitudes/methods.

Sorry if this thread aint interesting - i just had to get this stuff off my chest [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#88793 - 01/13/05 01:09 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

I started Chi because of this site, which I found basic but informative and most of it really worked.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 01-13-2005).]

#88794 - 01/13/05 03:30 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
That site is nothing but made up garbage as admitted by the site creator.

I advise you to seek legitamate instruction and stop look for your information on the net.

#88795 - 01/13/05 04:04 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hey laf7773:

Why did you delete the link?

I was going to see if I could set my Chi rolling!
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL

#88796 - 01/13/05 04:33 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
John i'm sure you may already know what link it is. It's been discussed here TOO many times. I just get rid of it now to prevent the regulars from blowing up.

But since you’re not a regular in this section you can find it by searching this section for "kidojo". When you read it, remember to breath or you will suffocate from laughter.

#88797 - 01/14/05 02:23 AM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your input m8s. Although I feel I have had some success with that combined with taoist techniques - I am pretty poor and cannot afford instruction. Maybe you guys could help me a little [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

sorry if i'm a bother, I'll do some more research on these threads

What is the dan tien? i know what the tan tien is but... u know im a noobie

#88798 - 01/14/05 11:00 AM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd say from the sound of it you've gotten off to an okay start( tingly nasal passage, and clearing away, is one of the first benefits to ki practices, but the seeing things vibrate part is weird). It sounds like you are experimenting with different methods and techniques, and I think that's fine at first. Especially if you are young, you want to try out many different ways at first. But remember, ki practices are not just something you use however you want to, and some have been passed down over many generations over a long period of time. You should practice according to the priciples of your chosen style eventually. You should not just visualise, develop, and use ki in any fashion you decide that day. It would be like trying to treat a patient when you've just started, and that really can have bad effects. Find a practice you determine is good and for real, and stick to it IMO, and practice accorrding to proper priciples; don't just shoot qi out your hands any time you feel like it, or don't move the qi around any old path you feel like.

The most important thing in developing ki is relaxation, being natural, and gaining good health. Energy should flow naturally, and through you. Meditation is important too, but if you have trouble emptying the mind at first don't worry about it too much. You need to work at it, but it comes in time. Pretty easily too, when it was really hard before.

Letting go of the ego is definitely essential to meditation. But that doesn't necessarily mean the ego must completely die, but rather be transformed which is similar to death and the ego is just as scared. You may have seen in pictures of the Buddha Sakyamuni, sometimes in a seated meditation posture where the first finger bends down and connects to the point of the thumb making a circle. This symbolises the ego bowing to the will of heaven. In fact, it seems very similar to the Christian idea which states, " your will be done Father, not mine". In fact it originally said, "Your will be done( in reference to the universal spirit), not mine, in me and through me, show me what I must do this day to be a channel of your blessings to all. As above so it is below, is a tradition from all over the world.

As for seeing things shaking. HMMM, I don't know if that should happen. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad side effect.That requires a more thourough explanation and someone more knowledgable than me.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-14-2005).]

#88799 - 01/14/05 02:26 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
nenipp Offline
Veteran

it's neither good nor bad in itself, but by paying attention to it you're making an obstacle out of it, let it go is my advice

#88800 - 01/16/05 04:30 AM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks serious pain, you sound a bit like me, I used to do philosophy at college.
Has anyone ever wondered this = God is the cause of all movement but requires nothing to move him - so he is the prime mover such as plato said, but if there must be a prime mover and that is "God" couldn't god be the universe and we are apart of him. Because scientist believe everything broken down far enough is made of the same type of energy ( string throery ) - Perhaps chi is this in its pure form. Thats why chi feels "good" like god is working through your body.

#88801 - 01/16/05 01:42 PM Re: My chi experiences & yours
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutely Tank. In my opinion, I agree with basically your whole post

Alot of how I understand the universe is from this book-
www.atlantis.to

very similar ideas to the ones you are thinking, and eleaborating further on them. And I found that exact part, the part of the book that talks about the universe as god, is the most powerful section of the book. Although the Earth Changes chapter is powerful too.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-16-2005).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga