FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432483 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#88756 - 01/06/05 04:12 AM to kempoman and fisherman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys its Anthony aka saber. I donít know if you remember me but I have posted before. Mostly I posted B S about dbz stuff, but itís been a while and I have been able to do some real research.

Ok for all you karate kids out there yes chi is real a ki ball is real too although itís not what you would think. Ki means Air or spirit. Itís an exercise used in aikido to promote a sense of relaxation. Harnessing inner strength and giving your chi a workout but no fireballs from this. This is trying to find your center and helping you find balance. No fireballs. If you want to do fire balls try Wicca or the occult. For the so sought after kamahamaha wave there is a technique that resembles this. It is called noi cun. I donít know who will teach it to you but it is out there. For super powers there is a mikkyo Buddhism that will teach you to control your adrenal gland. Also try nei Kung and nei juang. As for tie chiís golden bell stuff there is a training process where you use noi cun to hit a large bell maybe even a golden bell and make it ring you do this at a distance and with chi alone. Not an easy still to learn for the monks that do this have trained some for 10 years to get there black sash before they start to learn this skill. Chi fighting is real and maybe effective if done by a master. But there is no web site that can give you the skill needed to get there. Itís all hard work. However there are shaolin ďyoung forest ďschools that are just as good as the one in china. With masters that have trained in chinaís Fukien province in the USA. For 4 or 5 grand you can be a monk there. Go for it. Thanks for listening

Now I did ask for kempoman and fisherman to read this please correct me if Iím wrong I donít want to lead anyone in the wrong direction. Also have you heard of the Ermei Mountain itís in szechuan province and is said to have masters that are greater then those in the shaolin temple. O and thanks again for helping me get on track Ö.

Anthony kenpo karate

#88757 - 01/06/05 06:58 AM Re: to kempoman and fisherman
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Saber,

I won't dispute the fact that qi is real, however, I still think that the ki ball is a load of BS.
Qi is not air and it is not spirit. It is simply energy - a unversal life force. Spirit is what is called Shen.
If someone really wants to do fire balls then they should consult a professional pyrotechnic.

I have been doing Nei Gong for a while and I don't have any super powers yet.

To make things short here...
Its good that you hold enough interest that you are willing to do research and start finding things out on your own, however, you may want to change your approach slightly. Look for issues and theories of the internal arts that are based on real people. Let go of the idea that there is some super hero technique.

Why would you want to have the super hero power? To impress people? IMA's are not about having extraordinary power to show off; this only shows a weakness within. Trying to impress others so that I feel bigger is a sign of weakness. Personally I think that this is the problem with a lot of the DBZ'ers. It is just their way of trying to get attention.

Forget about the qi stuff for now, 'if you do all of the training peices ad work properly, then the qi will find its place.'

I'll let Kemoman jump in if he see's fit.

Regards,
Chris

PS - If you want a bit of insight on the real world of IMA's and where it stands today, I'd recommend "Nei Jia Quan" - "Internal Martial Arts" by Jess O'Brien

[This message has been edited by Fisherman (edited 01-06-2005).]

#88758 - 01/06/05 04:42 PM Re: to kempoman and fisherman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rebuttal
Thank you for replying to my post Chris. I did not mean to say anything about superpowers. But I did so let me fix it. Superpowers like Goku from d b z (donít make fun of me for knowing his name) I firmly believe could be real. The point I was trying to convey with this superpowers thing is that if you want to get them you wonít find any quick path to it. Thatís just a path to go on if you are in search of such a thing. During this journey you should find the strength inside of you to reach spiritual tranquility and thus superpowers. A good martial artist uses his religious beliefs to further his skill. No matter what it might be. Whatís more supernatural then religion? But it is a weakness that is in side all of man, the urge to find power. Not that this is a bad thing. Technology was created from these same urges.

Questions?
Also Nei Jia Quan this is a form I am not familiar with may I ask some basis and principles for this style or form.

You mentioned a pro pyrotechnic dose on such person really live outside of anime? I have searched for such a thing but have come up empty handed. I would deeply appreciate any information about this.

comment
I have heard people mentioning abstinence as a way to improve chi. This teaching has been around for a long time and I do have some insight about it. There is a six week prep period that builds up your chi. Not abstinence for an eternity. They might be monks but they are still men. During this time they could not eat sugar because it erodes the body. I donít know how but it just dose. I am also not sure if by sugar they mean fructose or sucrose. I think they mean processed sugar and that means no alcohol because that turns into sugar. In addition to these things they recommended against yellow vegetables like corn. They use corn syrup as a sweetener because of all the sugar in corn. Any how after this six weeks time they could go about there life normally because there body had absorbed all of the chi that it could get from those things. Then there was no point in doing this any longer. There bodies had come to a peak and sperm was of no consequence.
Thanks for listening
Anthony a k a saber

#88759 - 01/07/05 06:53 AM Re: to kempoman and fisherman
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Saber,

You said, "Superpowers like Goku from d b z (donít make fun of me for knowing his name) I firmly believe could be real."

Seeing as how I don't watch cartoons, can you tell me what superpower it is that this charachter has that you 'firmly believe could be real'?

I'm not so sure if I like the word 'superpower' as it can be quite misleading. I guess I prefer the term 'extraordinary feats'. Superpower has a base in fiction (i.e. Superman) where as extraordinary feats are those that not everyone can readily do. Extraordinary feats produce extraordinary achievements, (i.e. being able to push someone a great distance while generating very little body movement).

To be able to do the extraordinary you need the following:

a. A teacher that truly knows what they are teaching, and has an ability to transmit the knowlege without misinterpretation.
b. An open mind
c. Train your butt off!!

"The point I was trying to convey with this superpowers thing is that if you want to get them you wonít find any quick path to it. Thatís just a path to go on if you are in search of such a thing."

I'd agree that there is no quick path to being able to do IMA's properly. However, in regards to these super natural abilities that people claim to have, (shooting ki balls, no touch ko's, etc.) - it is bogus. If someone claims that they can teach you such things, then they are full of it.

"During this journey you should find the strength inside of you to reach spiritual tranquility and thus superpowers. A good martial artist uses his religious beliefs to further his skill. No matter what it might be. Whatís more supernatural then religion?"

I'm not so sure if I would consider spiritual tranquility a superpower. I think that spiritual tranquility is a state that very few people reach, especially these days. It is not a superpower though, it is simply having an open mind and enough faith and meditation to lead you into a traquil state. IMO, this tranquil state can be acheived without religion.
I am curious as to what you find to be so super natural about religion?

"But it is a weakness that is in side all of man, the urge to find power. Not that this is a bad thing. Technology was created from these same urges."

The urge to find power - especially in regards to technology - has arisen from greed and insecurities within mankind. This is external power.
When training the IMA's and working to increase power, you should only do so because it makes you a more sound tranquil and stable person. You see a lot of people get into the MA's in general because they see it as a way to get people to give them recognition and respect. "I have a black belt in -------" "Ooooohhhh! you must be some kinda tough guy".
Do you see what I'm getting at here?

"Also Nei Jia Quan this is a form I am not familiar with may I ask some basis and principles for this style or form."

Nei Jia Quan is chinese for internal martial arts.

"You mentioned a pro pyrotechnic dose on such person really live outside of anime?"

I was simply implying that there is no way for the human body to produce an actual flame or fire ball.

As for the abstinence/semen retention - you could probably continue that discussion in the 'sex and chi' topic. I don't have any experience with this. I am more interested in how the IMA's work in the martial sense.

Regards,
Chris

#88760 - 01/08/05 03:44 AM Re: to kempoman and fisherman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Chris, if I may call you that. I would like to say thank you again for replying. From what I have read about you and kempoman I have acquired a great respect for the two of you. That is why I asked for the two of you to read this personally. I would also like to comment on your craftsmanship in literature. It is most impressive. But all of that is beside the point. When I say super powers I mean things like self healing life force projection like T K and telepathy. These are what you said extraordinary feats.
I find that religion is a very supernatural thing from a man that can raise the dead and walk on water to people that turn into an animal after they die. Then you have a whole higher Archie of gods. Most extraordinary if you ask me. I feel that belief is an important part of Ima or anything for that matter. You can never become fully into something unless you believe in it.

ďNei Jia Quan is Chinese for internal martial artsĒ

Yeah not helping I was hoping for a link or a name of a teacher or something.

The title of black belt like you mentioned is just that a title nothing more. There is a school by my house that told me I would have my black belt in 1 year. A title might impress but in my opinion knowledge is a lot more impressive then a title although in our society that is just the opposite.
Also I took your advice and posted that abstinence stuff.

Thanks again for your reply
Anthony A K A Saber

#88761 - 01/08/05 06:55 AM Re: to kempoman and fisherman
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Saber

Nei Jia Quan is chinese for internal martial arts in general.

If you are looking for information on the different IMA's look at the thread on different IMA's.
It discusses the similarities and differences between the 3 big chinese IMA's. They are Tai Chi, (Taiji), Baguazhang (Pa Kua Chang) and Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan).

#88762 - 01/11/05 12:06 PM Re: to kempoman and fisherman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nei jia quan means internal family fist/boxing and refers to internal matial arts. Internal martial arts translates as nei wushu. Please forget about this ki power nonsense. Just train hard and skill will come, but not magic powers. I have trained neigong for over 15 years and so far no magic.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga