FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (futsaowingchun), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 7
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 12:04 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432456 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#88351 - 01/19/05 12:34 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucid Warrior:

It was better bigger [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] yes it was better when it was bigger!

But for this experiment it only needs to be this size to avoid taking up too much space on the forum.

#88352 - 02/02/05 05:50 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a bit interested in this picture-experiment. Is it going anywhere? I believe Mysterious was supposed to do something, but I wonder if he has seen the two latest posts by Reiki.
Just to sate my curiosity for now, if I may ask, what is the horse on the picture of variable size named?

#88353 - 02/03/05 02:11 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I have been waiting for Mysterious to reply...

or anyone else who is interested in energy arts and sensing ki or beings.

Relax, ground yourself and look at the picture for a while, <maybe meditate> then report back what you have sensed [if anything].

The horse's name is Zen.

She is an Andalusian and is my favourite mare [and she is a very special horse!] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#88354 - 02/03/05 02:38 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought it might be a "special" horse. Unfortunately, I don't think I can partake in this experiment, as I have no idea how to ground. Visualising roots and all that just doesn't make sense to me. So I just hope others will try it out.

#88355 - 02/03/05 04:53 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
nenipp Offline
Veteran

I did try, but in the abscense of any result didn't bother to report...
...until now, that is )
Thus, nothing from nenippal, anyone more successful?

(edited to disable smilies)

[This message has been edited by nenipp (edited 02-03-2005).]

#88356 - 02/03/05 01:58 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ow, sorry... Was I supposed to report? well... The picture does'nt does anything weird to me I guess... All I can do with it when I close my eyes, is trying to picture the rest of the horse... ^^' tell me, does it have a stripe on it's nose? :P

#88357 - 02/07/05 11:15 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

i am new to this but i have been reading all of the posts on this topic and i wanted to point out a theory of pschology that works with this. firstly i should point out that from my point of view they all have to deal with the same thing but in different ways. the first theory is that all beings are connected through the collective subconscious, thereby all the sum of knowlege and experiences come together and are accessable to everyone if only subconsciously. the interesting part to this theory is that it also takes care of precognition and things of that nature because the collective subconscious transcends time. also because if this collective of the mind people are aware of each other and of other things in their environment, though some peopl are more sensitive to this than are some others and we are most sensitive to it when asleep because we do not have our conscious thaoughts and inhabitions in the way of the unconscious. i am sure that at some point everyone has had the feeling of being watched, or deja-vu. these could be the collective subconsious at work, also i heard from a person i know that they had one time had precognition, not a long time before something happened but right before. she told me that she was in a truck with some friends and they were going somewhere when she had a vision of the truck rolling, about the time the vision ended the truck rolled about three or four times.

#88358 - 02/07/05 12:36 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trekersonly:
i am new to this but i have been reading all of the posts on this topic and i wanted to point out a theory of pschology that works with this. firstly i should point out that from my point of view they all have to deal with the same thing but in different ways. the first theory is that all beings are connected through the collective subconscious, thereby all the sum of knowlege and experiences come together and are accessable to everyone if only subconsciously. the interesting part to this theory is that it also takes care of precognition and things of that nature because the collective subconscious transcends time. also because if this collective of the mind people are aware of each other and of other things in their environment, though some peopl are more sensitive to this than are some others and we are most sensitive to it when asleep because we do not have our conscious thaoughts and inhabitions in the way of the unconscious. i am sure that at some point everyone has had the feeling of being watched, or deja-vu. these could be the collective subconsious at work, also i heard from a person i know that they had one time had precognition, not a long time before something happened but right before. she told me that she was in a truck with some friends and they were going somewhere when she had a vision of the truck rolling, about the time the vision ended the truck rolled about three or four times. [/QUOTE]

I am interested in knowing where you learned about this subconscience theory. Thanks.

-Joe-

#88359 - 02/16/05 10:16 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i have taken a lot of psychology classes but i believe that it is a theory proposed by carl jung. if you can't find any thing you can email me at trekersonly@hotmail.com and i will look for the book that i originally found it in.

#88360 - 02/16/05 02:04 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trekersonly,

Sounds good. I will look him up on Amazon.com.

You said before:

"the first theory is that all beings are connected through the collective subconscious, thereby all the sum of knowlege and experiences come together and are accessable to everyone if only subconsciously. the interesting part to this theory is that it also takes care of precognition and things of that nature because the collective subconscious transcends time."

I was also wondering if you have ever heard of the author named David Icke? This kind of sounds like the theories he talks about in his book "Tales from the Time Loop". If not, you should look into reading one of his books. They are pretty interesting. (also controversial and 'outside of the box')

Thankyou for responding.

-Joe-

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga