FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 12:04 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432456 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88331 - 01/04/05 06:17 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
taichi,
I hope that you weren't taking what I said out of context here.

In regards to the eyes being closed; I could see that as maybe being an ok practice drill, however, I would leave it at that. To think that one could fight with their eyes closed coould be a very big mistake.

The type of sensitivity that I was talking about requires the body and mind to be relaxed so that you can use them to listen to your opponents intentions. I would liken this to you being the needle on that is placed in the grooves on a record. Every time that the record produces a bump or a groove you feel it within your entire body and thus are able to react appropriately. This is obviously a lot easier said than done.

#88332 - 01/04/05 12:58 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
nenipp Offline
Veteran

hey fisherman, I'v said it before, but I'll have to say it again: you have a way with words )

"I would liken this to you being the needle on that is placed in the grooves on a record. Every time that the record produces a bump or a groove you feel it within your entire body and thus are able to react appropriately. This is obviously a lot easier said than done."

The ability to deliver this kind of analogies suggests an understanding that goes just a little bit deeper than that of your average internet warrior ;o)

#88333 - 01/04/05 02:09 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sensing intention

We do a LOT of intention sensing and energy sensing in my Hoshin classes and I can tell you without a doubt that you can;
A. sense another persons auric field (or wa, as the japanese call it) from a distance.
B. discern their intent (violent or benevolent)
C. Affect their energy fields at a distance or during combat
D. Hide your wa to keep others from sensing you

This stuff has been around a LONG time and it's no secret. For a couple of simple exercises that anyone can do (you need a training partner);

Stand with your back to a partner, have him send a very slow punch using full intention to hit you, and pay attention to your subtle energy. You'll be able to feel the punch coming in. In time you'll be able to feel the difference between the intent and the punch.

Have a couple of people stand about 10 feet away and have one of them think violent thoughts and the other think loving thought. You'll be able to feel the difference between them (assuming that you have more self awareness than the average carrot). [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

You can also tell a lot about a person by feeling their chakras (and you can do it from across the room) and seeing which is the dominant chakra.

It's a lot of fun to demonstrate this stuff to non believers and watch their reactions.

Robert Morgen www.highmountainhoshin.com

#88334 - 01/13/05 10:57 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by serious pain:
I do think you can sense ki from other people, places, things, animals, maybe even spirits. FOr instance, if a place has alot of negative energy some people will sense it. I think you can sense animals, and people but I'm not so sure that it is a concrete thing. Or how to explain better, I don't think you would be able to sense the exact location, or sense specific things, but I do think you can in general sense the ki of things, but only very generally I think. But then, you never know, some people might actually be able to see energy with the third eye, even in the dark, you never know.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Has anyone here ever gone into a place and just felt a sudden fear that something was lurking and there was. It could have been a cat or something but when you are tense, you are extremely irrational and the sensing of ki can be "deceived." If anyone here has ever been exceedingly drunk or high and have had their optical sensory signals split (seeing the real world like you were watching a 3d performance without 3d glasses) knows what i am talking about. You are not rational when you are afraid and so your ki sensory signals are altered so that the small amount of ki you are sensing is multiplied and you sense more negative ki than there actually is. And you do sense it is there but not where it is. And to the extent of my knowledge of ki, which stretches about as far as (warning: vulgar and steriotypical/racist; the views of steriotypists and racists completely go againsts my beliefs so dont hold it against me or take offense.) an asian's penis(end of vulgarness, etc...) it takes tremendous training of the mind and innate awareness to have the "third eye" though i believe that sensing ki is more like having the "second nose" and someone farting. You smell the fart but cannot pinpoint where it came from (worse example than a Vogon's Poetry (read HHGTTG)) the "third eye" allows you to pinpoint it.

Feedback Please

#88335 - 01/14/05 02:53 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know of a line that runs across the bach of most fish that allows them to sense the energy of other beings so that they can react lightening fast to avoid being eaten.

Perhaps Humans have this ability but it lies dormant within us - somehow perhaps a doorway in the brain is left open while asleep (which is usually closed). This could explain why you could sense your cats - or maybe I've watched too many wildlife programmes. :P LOL

#88336 - 01/14/05 02:48 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
nenipp Offline
Veteran

comparing the number of humans eaten per day to the number of fish eaten per day, I find they can't possibly have that much to teach us in that particular endeavour )

#88337 - 01/15/05 03:14 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nenipp:
comparing the number of humans eaten per day to the number of fish eaten per day, I find they can't possibly have that much to teach us in that particular endeavour [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif[/IMG])[/QUOTE]

LOL! Nenip!!!! You have been a tad 'snapy' with your responses as of late. LOL!

#88338 - 01/16/05 12:04 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Hey Lucid,

it would appear that you be right, it doesn't seem like I have anything useful to say this year, only smartass comments.

Great to hear from you btw, how are you doing?
Any breakthroughs with your energy training?

kind regards,
nenippal

#88339 - 01/16/05 12:24 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

The theory of projection and feeling "being watched" creeps in everywhere.

I know of one ex-military Captain who wrote that a unit of his were trained never to look directly at an opponent when engaging/sneaking in sentry neutralisation etc.

Mark.

#88340 - 01/17/05 10:06 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nenipp:
Any breakthroughs with your energy training?
[/QUOTE]

Breakthroughs? Ow, did they hurt!? :P

Sorry, as if A had been any better with my comments lately... ^^' I've been off this site for so long that I nearly forgot making this thread, and now I haven't respond to any of you at all! Making it worse, I try making it up with 'Breakthroughs? ow, did they hurt!? :P' **hits himself** very, very wrong...

Anyways, In attempt to keep up the posts done while I've been 'away' (or more 'too laizy to even click the link in my bookmarks'), I've been reading your posts very fast, and I say that link from igneous is very intresting...

Everyone has heard of the disaster in Azie, right? (assuming everyone either gets newspapers, got telivisions or is psychic) Well, most people also have heard by now that even before the disaster nearly all the animals had gone missing. They knew what was about to happen is what some animal psychologics say. (they knew! and they did'nt even warned us! *growl*) Anyway, I read the post about the fishes sensing hunters and stuff, and I assume that every living being might have something like that... however... if that is true... the disaster those animals ran away for was not aimed by someone planning to do bad things with them... yet, they seem to have senced it. How can this be? Is the earth as sadistic as my ex, and lives? (Let's hope not, because where in trouble then... ^^')

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga