FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
cxt 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88321 - 11/17/04 02:51 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry, my 6th sence is on my wierdo-glenn... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] I'll use my 7th then...

#88322 - 11/19/04 05:51 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the book "Ki and the martial way" it talks about a thing the Japanese call "Ma". It says quote "Ma is a space into which human beings project their ki and thus circumscribe the effect that space has on various interactions that take place within it". it also says "Ma is an extension of the body. When you expand your bodily sensation (Ki) into the space that surrounds you, you will feel the intention and action of your opponent". The whole point of certain meditation techniques is to expand your ki so you can sense the ki of your opponent therefore knowing beforehand what his intention is and being able to properly react to it. So when you say you can "sense" others, i believe this is your Ma sensing others ki. It is also important that you learn how to "mask" your ki so that others ma doesnt sense what you are intending to do. An expert would even mask it only a little so their opponent thinks he knows what u r going to do but your true intentions are hidden. Kind of like a feint. I believe in Japanese this technique is called "Seme". Im not an expert though and would like to be corrected if need be.

#88323 - 11/19/04 06:25 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think one thing for sure is that auras and energy fields affect people alot more than we understand totally.

#88324 - 11/19/04 07:48 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

One thing to note, is that sharks can detect Ki. So in THEORY its possible, if you where to say grow new organs. I think otherwise your bordering ESP instead.

#88325 - 11/19/04 10:02 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dark Negative / Malevolent Reiki?

If the theory of yin / yang holds true, all things (thoughts included) have in them the intrinsic POTENTIAL to be either good or bad. Look at the bagua yin/yang symbol. Within the dark side, is a dot of light and vice versa. The 'dot' of light or darkness has the 'potential' to grow and overwhelm. And the 8 basic trigrams each have their direct opposing twin. It derives the power to overwhelm the other by way of an originating thought/intention

Though practitioners of positive Reiki will certainly not wish it, the malevolent potential is always there; waiting for a malevolent thought/intention to bring it to life and grow. This is the theory of sympathetic magic; you know, sticking needles into dolls and the intended victim will sympathically be affected in some negative way. For there to be good, evil must exist; otherwise there is no point in having any goodness which is to combat evil. One without the other will bring about what physicist call a 'singularity' a state of affairs which no ordinary human can experience; ordinary because it is claimed that only a buddha can enter such a state and therefore gain enlightenment in the sense as defined by buddhist.

In other words, you become a god (lower case is intended) A god do not see things in terms of good or evil; just a state of being without any good/evil 'duality' and having penetrated the 'veil' that separates us ordinary beings from that other side and saw the TRUTH you will not feel all the anger, suffering, confusion etc. we are all feeling now. Why all the obvious sufferings, injustices we see all around us ? It seems when you know WHY, you do not feel bad at all! Look at any statue of a buddha, see the serene face of pure happiness? Why?

#88326 - 11/21/04 12:43 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunter:
One thing to note, is that sharks can detect Ki.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that? did I miss an important research? I did not know sharks can detect ki...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunter:
So in THEORY its possible, if you where to say grow new organs. I think otherwise your bordering ESP instead.[/QUOTE]

Throughout evolution maybe? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] I hope so... if we all where to grow organs of the shark that made us see Ki, or any other organs of an animal with unbeliefable abilities giving it to us, I'd surely say yes! (may I please order bat-wings, a nice couple of horns to have just above my ears, the eyes of a hawk and the arm-mucles of a bear... that'll be really kind. thank you) I't sure is a shame you can't do that... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by serious pain:
I think one thing for sure is that auras and energy fields affect people alot more than we understand totally.[/QUOTE]

There's still so much to explore... (and there are still about a billion times this quote will be said)

#88327 - 11/25/04 03:08 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

We where talking about the fact that when someone who's up to no good is easely senced by someone. I think some animals have that a lot stonger, and can see in a person if thei're good company or not. I thought cats and dogs had that to, and dogs can also detect fear. if i'ts Ki they sence, then Ki might be carrying/being a reflection of an emotion. This would mean Ki is as agressive as you are when you use it. so could anger be a bad/good influence to the Ki at the moment you use it? And how about happyness, or sadness?

Durning meditation we also stop all our emotions (right?). Does that mean that we get neutral Ki then?

#88328 - 11/25/04 08:34 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I touch my dog with the intention of giving him "energy", he will allow, but if I move my intention towards taking "energy", he pulls away.

There was a top ten 'worlds weirdest animals' type of show on animal planet a few weeks ago. #2 weirdest was the duck billed platypus. The narrator of the show said that the platypus senses electrical discharges from the muscles of crustaceans through his bill. Now that is a weird animal! Similar?.?.?. well, who cares, because it is interesting! Relevant?.?.?. Eh, you decide.

#88329 - 12/15/04 10:52 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mysterious:
My theory is that I can somehow sense Ki, or souls or something. Might be stupid to think so, but it's just a theory. Maybe someone else has a better one?[/QUOTE]

Not to go into a novel about the link, but it a view from a psychological point of view, and worth a read.
http://cms.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20000701-000034.html

#88330 - 01/04/05 12:27 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mysterious:
Everyone has had a feeling of being watched, haven't they? You're walking somewhere, across the open street, or through a long hall, and suddenly, you get the odd feeling you're being watched. Usually, people say it's imaginasion. But lately, I'm not so sure anymore. I found out the last view times it happend to me, I really got watched, and from the direction where I got the feeling from. Really strange. On top of it, there's something I notice at night sometimes...

Durning the weekend, I still visit my mom, and sleep at her place, so I could still see her every week (yeah yeah... Laugh all you want, but she still is my mom, no matter how old I am). Now, in the room I have there, are two cats. I like them very much, and take good care of them. Somehow, I got this strange thing with cats, they often like me, and these cats seem to love me. Now, durning the night, when I go to sleep at my bed, they climb up there and go sleep with me (one of them even likes to sleep the same way as I do, with my body under the blankets, and my head on the pillow, and therefor, he often sleeps next to me). I am not a good sleeper, and often keep rolling and move in my sleep. The cats kinda took some of that behavior of mine, and durning the night, the go lie somewhere else in the bed. That's why normally, you'd never know where they are, and since I'm rolling, you could think I would easely role over them, and end up having a flat cat. Now here's the strange thing; all though I'm sleeping, I always know where they are without looking, or really paying attention to it. so if I nearly role on one of the cats, I immediatly wake up, knowing where the cat is, and role back and fall asleep again.

somehow, where ever they are, I can sense them. My theory is that I can somehow sense Ki, or souls or something. Might be stupid to think so, but it's just a theory. Maybe someone else has a better one?
[/QUOTE]

Hi Mysterious ! just to add to what fisherman said, there train call sensitity training, they do that alot with Wing Chun, a friend took wing chun, show that, basic 2 person stand facing other and have there arm out touching each other, you person try to strike the other, the other try to sensense the movement or force coming and block it using bong sau or chi sau something like , but to do it correct you eyes has to be close

taichi

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga