FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88311 - 11/14/04 02:16 PM sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone has had a feeling of being watched, haven't they? You're walking somewhere, across the open street, or through a long hall, and suddenly, you get the odd feeling you're being watched. Usually, people say it's imaginasion. But lately, I'm not so sure anymore. I found out the last view times it happend to me, I really got watched, and from the direction where I got the feeling from. Really strange. On top of it, there's something I notice at night sometimes...

Durning the weekend, I still visit my mom, and sleep at her place, so I could still see her every week (yeah yeah... Laugh all you want, but she still is my mom, no matter how old I am). Now, in the room I have there, are two cats. I like them very much, and take good care of them. Somehow, I got this strange thing with cats, they often like me, and these cats seem to love me. Now, durning the night, when I go to sleep at my bed, they climb up there and go sleep with me (one of them even likes to sleep the same way as I do, with my body under the blankets, and my head on the pillow, and therefor, he often sleeps next to me). I am not a good sleeper, and often keep rolling and move in my sleep. The cats kinda took some of that behavior of mine, and durning the night, the go lie somewhere else in the bed. That's why normally, you'd never know where they are, and since I'm rolling, you could think I would easely role over them, and end up having a flat cat. Now here's the strange thing; all though I'm sleeping, I always know where they are without looking, or really paying attention to it. so if I nearly role on one of the cats, I immediatly wake up, knowing where the cat is, and role back and fall asleep again.

somehow, where ever they are, I can sense them. My theory is that I can somehow sense Ki, or souls or something. Might be stupid to think so, but it's just a theory. Maybe someone else has a better one?

#88312 - 11/15/04 08:50 AM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Mysterious

I dont think that you are that far off base with your 'theory', however, I have a slightly different take on it.

I occasionally sense others being present, but I account this to the emphasis on sensitivity training that lies within the IMA's.
The concept of being relaxed and exercising your ting jing (listening skill) has an effect over time of hightening ones awareness and ability to 'sense' things and change accordingly; whether it is a physical being or an action being directed towards you. I find that this is more present within myself when the sense is being picked up from something or someone that could possibly pose a threat to me.
This is simply my take on it though. Others may feel differently, but then again there are many different ways to train and exercise the sense of feeling and listening to the energy and intention of others (whether they be human or not).

Regards

Chris

#88313 - 11/15/04 01:19 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it is your intuition. The inner being which knows more than our concious mind. And sometimes the concious mind, subconcious mind, and inner spirit, communicate when necessary. But I don't think you can use your qi to sense other people's aura's or sense people with ki while blindfolded. Or at least I can't do anything like that, if it's possible it would years and years of trainging.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 11-15-2004).]

#88314 - 11/15/04 01:55 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
We have had a discussion similar to this before in the "dark reiki" thread. Scroll down a bit, it starts with Mr. Eds post (#11). http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000277.html

#88315 - 11/16/04 03:00 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by serious pain:
I think it is your intuition. The inner being which knows more than our concious mind. And sometimes the concious mind, subconcious mind, and inner spirit, communicate when necessary. But I don't think you can use your qi to sense other people's aura's or sense people with ki while blindfolded.[/QUOTE]

I did not say I could use my Ki to sense others, but I said I might be sensing others Ki. I don't know if my cats do any IMA training (all though they "meditate" much), but my theory is that I can sense their Ki.

As for my intuition, it could be. However, I'm male (so no female intuition), and I love my cats, but I don't see them as my children. I'm not an expert on this, but I don't know any further intuitions... maybe it's one I don't know about, or one 'People' don't know about?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
We have had a discussion similar to this before in the "dark reiki" thread. Scroll down a bit, it starts with Mr. Eds post (#11). http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000277.html [/QUOTE]

So you mean you and Mr. Ed think I'm right with my theory, and I DO sense my cats, or people watching me, or are you saying: "Just shut up, Mysterious, and read the others threads before ruining this forum with idiot questions about the same thing a million times!"? Or am I so stupid that I can't seem to figure out what you mean by sending me through top that post? (witch would probably be the case, knowing myself.)

[QUOTE]Fisherman:
The concept of being relaxed and exercising your ting jing (listening skill) has an effect over time of hightening ones awareness and ability to 'sense' things and change accordingly; whether it is a physical being or an action being directed towards you. I find that this is more present within myself when the sense is being picked up from something or someone that could possibly pose a threat to me.[/QUOTE]

I remember someone claiming to sense ghost said something quite like it. She said it's easier to snese them when the're up to no good with you. The meaner the ghost's intensions, the easier she can feel them. Not that I think that you claim to detect ghosts, but I think you are right, because she prove her fact very confincing as well. On top of that, I remember something else...

(warning: long idiot story coming! read at own risk!)
From the first time I whent cycling without sidewheels (3 or 4 years old I think), I got afraid of dogs, wolfs and stuff because of collapsing right into one, making me fly of my bicycle, and land on my face and knee, resulting in some very painfull injury... (this sure explains a lot)
Anyway, I got frightend of the dog because it got mad at me. I was lucky that it was on line, and had a very strong owner, but he kept barking and stuff. It took me about 9 years to get a little off that fear of dogs, and just as I thought I had overwon this fear, it got back real hard.

My school had a project of going from door to door to pick something up that I think where marks found in the newspaper. anyway, I had been doing quite much of my neighberhood, as I finally came all the way back near home. (the street used to go in a circle). I had never excully seen the guy across the street, because he had a -in Holland we call it a 'Heg', but I can't seem to think of the right word in english, but it's like a wall of one and the same plants-, and on top of that, I never paid attention to the neightbor. there where to openings in the "Heg", and one was for people walking in. The other was for the neightbor's car. Because I walked past the neightbor's car's opening first, I thought it was the only entrence. If i did not, I would have seen the warning for the dog on the sign at the other. I opened the low door, walked though it, and closed it for good manners. I still wish I did not do that, because the moment I turned around, I felt the sensation I discibed above. The feeling of being watched. I looked to the side I had not been paying attention to yet, and saw the neightbor's dog. The neightbor himself had locked the dog inside, and was doing the guarden. But dogs are quite smart, and this one opend the door to see how his owner was doing the guarden. Both of them looked at me, and the owner did not know his dog was standing next to him, so did not asked his dog to leave me alone in time. The dog took a run at me, and I turned white at the first bark, and tried to run back, running against the gate I had closed so polite, and tried everything to open it...

But as you know, when people have only 1.5 seconds time to do something while being terrified, they don't do so well, just like the 12 year old version of me while trying to open the gate. The dog bit me twice beefore I panict so much that I jumped over the gate, and run back home as fast as I could. The neightbor, who had been so stunned by the situation that he could'nt call back his dog in time, locked his dog back inside immediatly, and went searching for me to oppologise...

The attack did not result in injury, because I had been wearing a leather jacked, but that got ripped. But the dog had been planning to defend his territory, so was planning to do much more than ripping my clothes. If what Fisherman says is true (and I think he's got a good point), I had "sensed" the dog because he was posing a threat to me at that time.

#88316 - 11/16/04 03:28 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do think you can sense ki from other people, places, things, animals, maybe even spirits. FOr instance, if a place has alot of negative energy some people will sense it. I think you can sense animals, and people but I'm not so sure that it is a concrete thing. Or how to explain better, I don't think you would be able to sense the exact location, or sense specific things, but I do think you can in general sense the ki of things, but only very generally I think. But then, you never know, some people might actually be able to see energy with the third eye, even in the dark, you never know.

#88317 - 11/16/04 05:47 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

well actually if you ask me.. you CAN sense.. or feel.. things when you are blindfolded.. i was playing a game in my drama class.. a game of trust where the teacher chooses whoever they want to be your partner.. anyways.. they're supposed to blindfold you and you have to go up and down stairs around the school according to their instructions... when i was going up a staircase.. i can actually see shadows of the stairs that i was climbing... it was for a brief moment.. cuz when i got the hang of doing it without the instructions the teacher said its time we switch and now your partner has to be blindfolded.. anyways.. i've been trying to do it ever since.. and i never got it! does anyone know if i was imagining it or did something really happen?

#88318 - 11/16/04 10:17 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]However, I'm male (so no female intuition), and I love my cats, but I don't see them as my children.[/QUOTE]

I believe "women's intuition" is the same for everyone. Women just tend to be more in tune with their emotions and tend to listen to that "little voice inside" more than some of us guys.

[QUOTE]So you mean you and Mr. Ed think I'm right with my theory, and I DO sense my cats, or people watching me, or are you saying: "Just shut up, Mysterious, and read the others threads before ruining this forum with idiot questions about the same thing a million times!"? Or am I so stupid that I can't seem to figure out what you mean by sending me through top that post? (witch would probably be the case, knowing myself.)[/QUOTE]

I don't think you’re an idiot for asking and i wasn't trying to shut you up.

I do believe people get these feelings but they can be the result of several different factors other than chi. Since your not a heavy sleeper and you know the cats are somewhere in the bed you may have conditioned yourself to wake up at the slightest touch. It's the same with my kids. There could be other reasons but it's hard to say just what it is without being involved our self.

#88319 - 11/17/04 12:50 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
I don't think you’re an idiot for asking and i wasn't trying to shut you up.
[/QUOTE]

I was just joking with that quote! ^^' I did'nt really think you thought that. But if the subject has been up more often, than I could imagin it's getting annoying...

#88320 - 11/17/04 02:18 PM Re: sensing Ki or beings
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
That sense or feeling of being watched is the interaction between your aura or energy field and the other persons. Energy and intent go hand in hand so it is only logical that where someones intent is, there is a change in their energy field which you can detect.

As a reiki practioner I can feel the energy strongly when scanning comeone so can feel weak and strong spots... also hot and cold spots.

Hence your 6th sense.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga