FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 5
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87226 - 08/06/04 05:23 AM Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

This happened some years ago.
I was sparring lightly at training still loosening up for the harder sparring later on. My partner suddenly picked up speed and kicked me in the stomac follewed by straight forward punch to the head. The kick was right in but I was able to block the punch. At the moment of the block I felt his hesitation to pull through with third technique or to pull back and I used the oppertunity to counter. I slided in with my guard up and as he tries to grab me for clinching/throwing I countered with a punch to his stomac. He fell down about 2 meters further and as he was back on his feet he said : "You never touched me". I replied : "No, I never touched you".
I have analysed this over and over but I can not explain it. The sensation I had while punching was : a very rooted stance and a very floowing technique without any resistance yet very powerfull. Afterwards I still felt energy flowing for some time.

My question, have any of you had simular expierances while fighting ?

#87227 - 08/09/04 05:52 AM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

what kind of M.A are you into? im in tai chi and i experienced it a lot?

i cannot understand. why would you say you havent touch him? isnt it that you punch him?

#87228 - 08/09/04 06:03 AM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did not touch him with the punch.
As he tried to grab me and I punched he was lifted and thrown. But I did not touch him nor didhe touch me. It's like 2 magnets that push each other away.
I practice Goju-Ryu Karate and Kobudo.

#87229 - 08/09/04 08:52 PM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow, that was wierd. what i just experienced is having a tremendous power that even bigger guys are knock off, w/o too much effort on my part. its knowing the right way to deliver chi-force.

well what happen to you i guess is that you have accidentally used chi-force in a very large amount.

the good thing is, its good if you can do it again. it is not impossible since you know the feelimg already. seek good teachers to develop you....

#87230 - 08/09/04 09:07 PM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

What branch of Goju? If I remember correctly there are several branches. I do meibukan Goju-Ryu. I havent done that but it sounds weird.

#87231 - 08/10/04 05:05 AM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did not have that experience again.
I can however stimulite ki with breathing and sansin but I cannot hold it. When doing sansin only a few times and not tiring the muscles to much I feel 'revived' and full of energy. However when going to endurance
in training (be it kata/sparring/kihon/..) it wears off.
I still have to do more research in sansin/tensho to understand.
Sansin is basic training kata. We do the Higashiaonna version with the 2 turns. It explains movement, breathing, energy, body mechanics to encapsulate power (internal and external) in your technique and is base for all other kata.
We use Tensho to cool down and rebalance energy.
Sensing the internal power through sansin takes quite a while (for me more than 20 years of training) and I still discover more and more in it but I cannot rechannel the energy into one all 'devestating' energy blow. I do feel there is more than just the body mechanics/muscle tension/rooted stance and consider that as the ki (internal power) in my technique.
I follow JKF Goju Kai line of Goju-Ryu (Uchiage-kai) but cross train within Goju linages and other karate styles when I have the opertunity. As for chinese systems I would like to investigate.
Are there others with these experiences training sansin/happoren .. ? (okinawa/chinese, nomatter what style of MA)

#87232 - 08/10/04 08:13 PM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool. My style is Okinawan. We usually start up with a few stretching exersizes, then do Sanchen to get the blood flowing and to warm up, then go into tenchi, seiryuu, byakko, shujakko, and genbu. Alternativly we do the fukyou(fook you, i cant spell for crap and i dont wanna offend anyone)katas, geksai ichi and ni, and i cant remember the names of the others. we end with tensho.

#87233 - 08/15/04 03:08 PM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have trained in the internal arts for some time now, tai chi for 4 years and xing yi for 2, and i have had a couple of these types of experiences.Although i have only told a few people. I beleive these types of feats are real and are proof of some of the esoteric theorys of certain types of martial arts that are thought to be unrealistic or unpractical can be achived.

#87234 - 08/15/04 05:14 PM Re: Internal power
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xingyi45:

i have trained in the internal arts for some time now, tai chi for 4 years and xing yi for 2, and i have had a couple of these types of experiences.Although i have only told a few people. I beleive these types of feats are real and are proof of some of the esoteric theorys of certain types of martial arts that are thought to be unrealistic or unpractical can be achived.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure kempoman would love to chat with you about your "xing yi" training since he has been training form some time. I personally would like to know what form of ninpo you have/are studying. Is it one of the kans?

#87235 - 08/15/04 07:05 PM Re: Internal power
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i have trained in the genbukan system of ninpo. unfortunatlly there are no dojos in my state so i cant make the trip as often as id like to, but whenever i get the chance i like to go up to the futen dojo in winsconsin with and attend a few classes.
I think the spirit and philosophy of ninpo i good for all martial arts, but for the past few years ive been more dedicated to xing yi considering i dont have to spend cash to learn from a teacher i truly respect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga