FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#86577 - 07/02/04 10:32 PM cutting through the crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kempoman, I'm still fairly new here, and I might be out of place saying this.. But I just don't see how you can take the same questions over and over again,

-how do you fire a ki ball, how do you levitate things, my friend can do this and that- is it ki, what is store near me that I can buy a lightsaber at?????

I feel sorry for many of the kids who come here and claim so many things, or ask those kinds of questions and get flamed. I'm starting to feel more sorry for you and the 5 or so informed people that have to answer time and time again.

May I suggest going to the BodyBuilding.com
Message board into the supplement section and check out the "stickies" and forum rules at the top of the page. These guys are pretty effective at cutting through all the crap. Something similar could be used here to cut down your workload.

I have a couple of suggestions for rules of the board myself..

-must do a search before asking a question
-new topics must be specific-(not "ki energy")

Don't worry, My ego isn't so big that I think I can just pop my head in here and start cleanig house, I'm just feeling semi-anal and also getting sympathy moderator pains.

#86578 - 07/03/04 04:47 AM Re: cutting through the crap
Salek Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I agree with his rules Idea, it would be much easyer if you had a "How to Shoot ki MUST READ" to lure the stupid ones that would ask that and then in the post explain the rules! lol its mean but effective

Thanks,
Salek

#86579 - 07/03/04 07:47 AM Re: cutting through the crap
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
I feel sorry for many of the kids who come here and claim so many things, or ask those kinds of questions and get flamed. I'm starting to feel more sorry for you and the 5 or so informed people that have to answer time and time again.

If someone asks -how do you fire a ki ball, how do you levitate things, my friend can do this and that- is it ki, what is store near me that I can buy a lightsaber at????? they need to be told the truth so they stop wasting their time. If they understand that the real deal is nowhere near the cartoons that they are hooked on they will either stay or go somewhere where they can dive into their fantasy world.

#86580 - 07/03/04 10:25 AM Re: cutting through the crap
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the mean time, those posts fill up like spam in my oldest mail folder.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga