FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 7
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 12:04 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432456 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#85995 - 05/13/04 05:14 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ice monkey is f-in evil!!

#85996 - 05/13/04 05:15 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Anonymous
Unregistered

but then again, my name is Gokai, which means 'misunderstanding', so don't believe a word I say.

#85997 - 05/13/04 05:18 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kempo, I appologise for being tetchy, but I have read these forums a bit and I just think that you guys may be being a bit closed-minded to the existance of (as you put it) insert-your-favorite-here-kinesis. There is always the possibilty of something existing, and I don't see why someone should be called stupid or whatever for expressing that belief.
For example, if this was a Christian forum and I started citing Hindu beliefs and was slammed for it, the it would be a situation of religious intolerance (although admittedly its a bit stupid to talk about another religion on a Christian site...)
However, I am not a little kid who watches too many cartoons. I do realise that most of the things you read on the net are a big smell pile of bull, but that doesn't discount the possibility of some of it being true. Perhaps people (including me) misunderstand the use of ki/chi/whatever. Perhaps those people are merely using a different area of ki's power. We don't know. You don't know. ad thus you should at least allow the rational discussion of such matters.

#85998 - 05/13/04 08:58 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
[QUOTE] We don't know. You don't know. ad thus you should at least allow the rational discussion of such matters[/QUOTE]

Never a problem with a rational discussion of any topic but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kempoman
Moderator - Energy Arts
FightingArts.com

#85999 - 05/13/04 09:38 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Icemonkey
"In fact, when ever I make a ki ball, it is cold, as opposed to the tingly, push/pull effect most people report."

"Personally, I feel a kind of coldness between my hands, with the occasional pins and needles type of tingle."

Could you explain which one it is? Do feel a tingling sinsation or not?

The problem with being open minded about any kind of kenesis is there is nothing what so ever to back it up. Chi/ki is a different story. I believe in some of the claims of people involving chi but am skepticle of most. I believe it is possible to remedy minor problems with chi training but doubt very seriously it could do anything for more serious health problems like cancer. I believe knockouts can result from pressurepoints and energy worrk but not to the extent of a no touch knockout. There are a lot of things we can't explain but are possible. Everyone i've seen who claimed any kind of kenesis was a con artist, and i've seen a lot, in person not on tv or the net.

#86000 - 05/13/04 10:49 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could you explain which one it is? Do feel a tingling sinsation or not?

I'm sorry, my mistake! I wasn't really clear. Apparently, most people have a constant tingling feeling when they create a ki ball, but I feel occasionaly tingles on my fingers. Just little ones and spread apart. The cold thing is what is strange for me, I think.

#86001 - 05/13/04 10:50 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Anonymous
Unregistered

imho I think it's all to do with what the individual feels. There's no set way to do anything, no teacher can teach it, only guide you down a certain path. If someone can fire blasts, great, they're spesssial [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] , but if they can't, well it's their body.
"Being mortal is what makes the impossible, possible."

btw me and Ice monkey are buddys, so I'm likely to back him up or slate him - heavily.

#86002 - 05/13/04 11:45 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by icemonkey:
Kempo, I appologise for being tetchy, but I have read these forums a bit and I just think that you guys may be being a bit closed-minded to the existance of (as you put it) insert-your-favorite-here-kinesis. There is always the possibilty of something existing, and I don't see why someone should be called stupid or whatever for expressing that belief.

Right on. It doesn't really matter who believes and who doesn't. He has a right to promote his oppinion.

And to you Kempoman, I don't think it is quite fair for you to lock threads and stuff just because you don't share their views on it. I don't mean any offense by it but I just had to tell you what I thought.

#86003 - 05/13/04 11:58 AM Re: What the hell is your problem?
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
If you disagree with the sane people grounded in reality who do not allow themselves to be mislead or are not delusional, mentaly unstable-therefore not believing in the various "kinesis'"-LEAVE! stop posting here-go find a DBZ site or site devoted to becoming a Jedi knight.

Kempoman is the moderator of the enrgy arts section-which means he does have the right to delete,lock, modify postings under this section. If you don't like his locking of the inane, puerile, delusional crap you have been posting-again, LEAVE!

#86004 - 05/13/04 12:18 PM Re: What the hell is your problem?
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kimono5:
And to you Kempoman, I don't think it is quite fair for you to lock threads and stuff just because you don't share their views on it. I don't mean any offense by it but I just had to tell you what I thought.[/QUOTE]

kimono5

Your opinion is valuable thank you for sharing it in reasonable manner. However, this is a site for serious martial artists and this website and forum (especially the Energy Arts section) have certain goals. I will not allow this place to become a joke from people posting silly things. If someone posts a reasonable post about a subject that I don't believe in it will not be locked. My opinon is not important, the contents of the posts are. I dont mind A thread about 'chi blasts' that contains a rational discussion. What I will not allow is posts that begin with a extraordinary statement, a request for proof and then a response to that request for proof that ignores the request for evidence. That is not debate and it will not help anyone.

On a side note there has been absoultely no proof or evidence offered to support the existance of chi balls, chi blasts, kenesises, levitation or other wild claims on this forum. No one has been able to produce the effects that they claim in a controlled situation/experiment. So the onus is on those who make wild claims to back them up with evidence. Now, that said I agree that skeptics tend to be a little dismissive (usually from having to debunk the same claims over and over and over with no offer of evidence to support the wild claim) and we can work on the tone of the posts in the future. I really want to make this forum a place for serious discussion. I am open to the possibility that I am incorrect, but I have not been shown to be as of this point in time.

I will offer my challenge again. If you can move me with your chi, hit me with a jing blast or in some way stop (non physical) me from pouring a glass of water on your head I will pay you $1,000.00 US.

I have had no takers. There is a larger prize ($1,000,000.00 US) offered by the JREF (James Randi Educational Foundation - www.randi.org) for anyone to prove the existance of any paranormal abilites. No one has even passed the prelimanary tests to date.

If we can all agree to have serious rational discussion on these subjects I am open to letting a couple of theads go ahead.

But as neko said there are always other sites that will allow any kind of drivel you would like to post.

Kempoman
Moderator - Energy Arts
FightingArts.com

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 05-13-2004).]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga