FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#85546 - 10/29/04 12:13 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Where have you visited over seas?

#85547 - 10/29/04 01:45 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

last year I went to scotland for the irish cup tournment. This year, I'm not sure but I think it will be held in scotland again. Unfortunatly because of money I'm not going this year. I can qualify for the AKJU team next year though. That is if I want to like I said I'm not really much for sport styles.

#85548 - 11/14/04 02:46 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zero_Shin:
Ki means spirit in japanese so mostly it cant be fire or or wind or any elements it is the energy of ones self. That is the the simlest way to put it.

Actually the simplest way to put it is, there is no simple way. Actually "Ki" is a Japanese word that cannot be directly translated into an English word. I suggest reading the book entitled "Ki and the Way of the Martial Arts" written by Kenji Tokitsu and published by SHAMBHALA. This book has greatly helped me to understand the meaning of the word "Ki" in Japanese, and a greater meaning to the word "Budo", another word wich is hard to translate directly into an English word, and the word "Kokoro" used alot by Miyamato Musashi is another example of a word wich can be directly translated as mind, feeling, sensastion, sense, thought, idea, meaning, essence, heart, center, core, but the actual meaning cannot be described by one of those words. I dont know if that makes any sense to you guys, but read the book.

#85549 - 11/21/04 04:36 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]
Duudes.. chill out.. it seems to me like you guys spend most of your time arguing instead of answering poster's questions...
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the people around here just mock the few posters who are actually trying to make use of this subforum.
Even the bloody moderators are at it, thats just terrible. There isnt really an excuse for why they act like that moderators/non-moderators, but nobody is going to do anything about them.. so we're stuck with a bunch of were-trolls :P

[QUOTE]
I hope your here to contribute and not just chastise others based on your perceptions.
[/QUOTE]
Thats pretty damn ironic coming from you, Laf [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

#85550 - 11/21/04 05:14 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great, I just finished a post in another place.. came here to submit a quick reply to the entire 'element' thing, got the flood-message... pressed 'back', and the post is gone >_<

I said that I heard one of the inner energy varients (chi/ki/qi/whatever) was likened to water for some reason, but because I got no sleep last night at all, and its lunchtime now... my brain is melting..
..so try googling for it, try find some place that seems well-informed and cross-references its ideas with differenct sources.

I personally believe that inner energies have no element, being pretty much of a non-physical seeming nature... but if I had to attribute any element to it, it would be water.
Cant think right now.. so.. uh, hope that helps in some distant way!

#85551 - 11/21/04 05:21 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Laf, you do realise the only person you can really change is yourself? If they have an immovable mind, they cannot be caught out, no matter what is said or done.

"Because im stubborn, you'll need more than being right, to prove me wrong" - Me, 2 years ago [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Why do you care so much about trying to catch them out, anyway?

#85552 - 11/21/04 05:55 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hehe I'm pretty stubborn to. I think if I could classify energy it would be void instead of water. I believe energy starts out neutral. I think it changes based on your intent. Thats if it does change. Sometimes my brain feels like its melting to hehe. Not to worry I have plenty of earwax to keep it from running out hehe.

#85553 - 11/21/04 02:47 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by QiSnake:
Hey Laf, you do realise the only person you can really change is yourself? If they have an immovable mind, they cannot be caught out, no matter what is said or done.

"Because im stubborn, you'll need more than being right, to prove me wrong" - Me, 2 years ago [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Why do you care so much about trying to catch them out, anyway?
[/QUOTE]

Because if they are not telling the truth about their experiences or training but are giving advice it's a problem. I'm glad to see you can only focus on the negative aspects of the section and ignore all the valuable information exchanged. Try reding more than a couple of threads before you judge someone.

Editing for P.S.

I have no intentions of trying to "change" anyone. Only weeding out the liars, those who choose to come here and misrepresent them self in order to make people believe they are right. In most cases everyone here can see right through them, i just try to bring it to light.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 11-21-2004).]

#85554 - 11/21/04 02:55 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by QiSnake:
[QUOTE]
Duudes.. chill out.. it seems to me like you guys spend most of your time arguing instead of answering poster's questions...
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the people around here just mock the few posters who are actually trying to make use of this subforum.
Even the bloody moderators are at it, thats just terrible. There isnt really an excuse for why they act like that moderators/non-moderators, but nobody is going to do anything about them.. so we're stuck with a bunch of were-trolls :P

[QUOTE]
I hope your here to contribute and not just chastise others based on your perceptions.
[/QUOTE]
Thats pretty damn ironic coming from you, Laf [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Ironic? How is that? While i do take the ocassional jab at some i have done my share of contributing. I don't enter every discussion because i do have a life away from here and still moderate four other sections here.

I will also advise against you attacking the regulars here calling them "were-trolls". If you disagree with things here so much then why are you here?

#85555 - 11/22/04 02:10 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

in response to the initial post, if you are talking about wind and fire being part of the 5-phases (fire, earth, metal, water, wood) then the wind aspect relates to wood. Qi is energy and the 5-phase theory breaks down the changes in this energy and isnt related to just one of them. if the energy is at it's peak then it is related to fire, metal-descending, earth-stable, water-nadir, wood-ascending. have a read of the i-ching and the yellow emperors classic of medicine-"suwen" to gain a clearer understanding on this.

hope it helps
matt

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga