FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#85536 - 10/26/04 12:31 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgenT:
Sorry it took so long to reply My comps crap hmm how is it relevent where MA started Martial art means military skill Martial arts are describing Military skills sure a fighting system can be a martial art but not all systems are such as shaolin those arts are for betterment of oneself----sry I dont give my location to ppl I dont know as far as arts I've studied Shorin Ryu Shotokan Goju and seiei kan Karate--- LIN KUEI chuanfa and Ninjutsu---- Jujitsu Krav Maga and Jeet Kune do Concepts keep in mind I've studied these arts not nearly mastered them just sorting though whats usefull for me the main Art I study is Lin Kuei Chuan fa because its still combat oriented[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but your posts are way to difficult to read. You need to ditch martial arts school for some grammar school. It's not that I am totally anal, but a period at the end of a sentence can really do wonders for communication.

#85537 - 10/26/04 08:26 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duudes.. chill out.. it seems to me like you guys spend most of your time arguing instead of answering poster's questions...

I myself am Ki illiterate... i still havent gotten meditation downpat yet..( can't clear my head..) So im not going to make claims about what i know...

Cant we all just get along!!!

#85538 - 10/26/04 09:49 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
The only questions i don't answer are those relating to Radki or telekinesis, pyrokinesis and such. If you actually read some of the threads you will see there is a lot of quality discussion among the regulars here.

I hope your here to contribute and not just chastise others based on your perceptions.

#85539 - 10/26/04 10:51 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had plenty of school. Sorry about my typeing its a old habit. I've had 7 typing classes so I can type well if I choose to. Iaf I agree I'm very tired of the dbz radki thing, it makes it difficult to find real knowledge. Hmm as far as ditching Ma classes, its not just classes its my way of life.

#85540 - 10/27/04 01:34 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

AgenT,
I asked you where you are FROM, not where you are. The reason i asked is i wanted to make sure you were from the states before i asked you to start using spell and grammar check when posting. Your posts are seem to get worse with every post. Why the secrecy? How hard is it to say, "i'm from Ohio"? The idea that you travel from place to place studying different arts leads me to believe your not being honest. Based on your posts you seem to be very misinformed.

I'll tell you like i've told others. No psychic discussions or talk of any kinesis will go on here with out valid proof of these abilities.

If you expect anyone here to take anything you say seriously, clean up your posts and be a bit more truthful about your experience.

#85541 - 10/27/04 03:18 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did not mean to chide... I was just making an observation. Tell me, Most people tell me to visualize ki as fire, burning out from the hara, but someone also told me to try visualizing yourself in a pool of water waist-deep.. that your ki is the ripples eminating from your center as your energy moves from one part of you to the next.. this "ripple effect", maybe it is a good way to describe how others can feel your energy and you theirs?"

#85542 - 10/27/04 03:33 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I supose visualizing chi is something that the individual chooses. I have hurd monks describe the method they use to warm themselves as visualizing fire or something. They wouldnt go into detail because apparently improper use of chi can hurt the body.

So I duno I guess I think visualizing chi as something like water, or waves is a better idea then visualizing it as atomic blasts :lol

#85543 - 10/28/04 02:21 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not being dishonest about my experience. I was born in West Virginia, which is currently where I'm studing seiei kan and shorin Ryu,satisfied. How am I seeming dishonest because I go from place to place to train? How am I misinformed? I havent claimed mastery of any of the arts I've studied, that would be dishonest. It seems that you think I am dishonest because I say I study several arts, I do I study as many as I can find but as I said I do have a base art. I'm sorry if I seem dishonest to you, I cant help that. I'll say it once more my posts are my opinions,no disrespect intended. I've had my share of violence and have being doing MA since I was very young, and I will admit I DO still have a lot to learn. But that doesn't mean I dont have anything to offer.

#85544 - 10/28/04 03:35 AM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

You made it sound like you don't stay in one location, moving city-to-city, state-to-state in order to train in different arts. The only way this would be possible is if you are either in the military or financially independent. It's a bit far fetched. Nothing wrong with training in different systems, i've done the same. Your posts are usually incoherent rambling. This coupled with the fact that you all but refused to answer a simple question leads me to believe your just a teenager fluffing your experience in order to get people to take you more seriously. I'm not picking on you, but when you make posts like this ...

[QUOTE]ugh Ki=breath Psi= mental energy Pyrokinesis=ability to heat your body up through concentration or other mental process Cryokinesis ability to cool yourself down or withstand extreme cold many case studies proving this ability, back to ki it is breath correctly breathing can protect you from a hit or increase the power of you hits through relaxing you the more relaxed you are the faster you are speed is yet another attribute of potental power Aura= nothing magical or mystical is simply the bodies bioelectrical energy with out this electricity runing through our brain or body we die as far as other Psi is the engine that ki runs on and someone is not going to do a test and get 10000000 dollars for concentrating on fire or such and changing their temperature which is the most common Psi trait ki balls and such are not needed just mental focus ki balls and such or simple pyschological crutches ppl use to tap into psi abilities[/QUOTE]

It makes people wonder. Posts like this make you sound like a 13 yr old radki kid. If not then by all means, proof read your posts, punctuate them and make some effort to make them legible. No one is perfect and gets it right all the time, but at least try. You loose a lot of credibility when you make posts like this then refuse to give any info on yourself. Nothing about me is a secret. Anyone can e-mail me with questions about my work or training, or they can look at my yahoo profile for a little about me personally. I have nothing to hide.

Your more than welcome here, just like anyone else. When it comes to forums such as this written communication is imperative.

#85545 - 10/28/04 10:26 PM Re: Ki - WIND slement or FIRE element?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not one of those teenage Radki people. I'm financially indepent for lack of better words, I do mostly out of state work but teach on the sid and the places I go to out of state I train at. Also sometimes not so much anymore because of money I go to overseas tournments, for some of the styles I study mostly Seiei kan tournys(not big fan of competition arts though I might add). I guess they have their uses. The reason Why I dont give any information about myself is around here giving out information makes you a prime target for hackers. Randy one of the guys I know lost 3000 dollars to a hacker because he put his email in a forum. The hacker got his email brute forced his Pw and took a acct number for one of those Poker sites and cleaned him and his brother out, so I'm cautious about giving info on myself, being so open with information is like painting a bullseye on your head out here. It happens all the time and no one does anything about it.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga