FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 2
Zombie Zero 2
AndyLA 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
Yesterday at 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432492 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#84873 - 09/16/04 03:48 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

Theres no way for me to PROVE that mathomatics are the only truth in the universe. Except the fact that because math is perfectly constant. 1+4=5 will never ever change. I just can't it would violate the laws of mathamatics and be in error. I study biology. The same scientific priciples apply to all fields of study though.

#84874 - 09/16/04 10:23 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this might sound wierd but listen to this.

Would if your whole life, from elementary school to college, a group of kids were taught that 2+3=6, say on an island somewhere. Then say during graduate school these kids come here, and we say 2+3=5. Then the two groups have a big arguement about who is right. ......The question is , who would be right????? I know this might sound wierd but you should know that I am really bad at explaining things. So cope with me on this.

#84875 - 09/16/04 11:47 PM Re: help with pushing ki
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunter:
Theres no way for me to PROVE that mathomatics are the only truth in the universe. Except the fact that because math is perfectly constant. 1+4=5 will never ever change. I just can't it would violate the laws of mathamatics and be in error. I study biology. The same scientific priciples apply to all fields of study though.[/QUOTE]

What i meant was fact doesn't only exist in mathematics. If fact only exists in mathematics and mathematics is a tool of science then fact exists in science as well.

The idea that "there is no such thing as a fact" in science is a bit far fetched. Theory in itself is not fact but are used to back up fact. The term "theory" it self from the dictionary.

[QUOTE]A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.[/QUOTE]

A science fact...

[QUOTE]The speed of light is generally rounded down to 186,000 miles per second. In exact terms it is 299,792,458 m/s (metres per second - that is equal to 186,287.49 miles per second).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Shining light through a prism produces a light spectrum(rainbow).[/QUOTE]

These are facts provided by science.

I understand what you are trying to say. Things thought of as fact today may change tomorrow based on different variables introduced. This would make the previous no longer a fact. There are facts in science but not all are constant like in mathematics.

Another fact about the speed of light is that it is not affected by relative motion or relative speed. Light always travels at the same speed no matter what.

For example: If a man is walking forward on a train traveling at 50 mph, the speed of the man would be 50 mph plus the speed he is walking. Light on the other hand would remain the same speed. So light shown forward on a moving train will not be traveling at 299,792,458 meters per second plus the speed of the train but only at the speed of light. The same for light in a vacuum, it remains consistent. The speed of light can be slowed if shown through glass but this has nothing to do with relative motion or relative speed.

#84876 - 09/16/04 11:51 PM Re: help with pushing ki
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:
I know this might sound wierd but listen to this.

Would if your whole life, from elementary school to college, a group of kids were taught that 2+3=6, say on an island somewhere. Then say during graduate school these kids come here, and we say 2+3=5. Then the two groups have a big arguement about who is right. ......The question is , who would be right????? I know this might sound wierd but you should know that I am really bad at explaining things. So cope with me on this.
[/QUOTE]

Only if it was an island of idiots. The idea that 2+3=6 doesn't work in any sense if you use actual objects to count with. Unless the word "five" is replaced with the word "six". The numerical value will not change, only the name you give it.

#84877 - 09/17/04 12:07 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least Laf agreed with me a LITTLE bit. Im done with this argument we getting into abstract concepts that are impossible to convey in this format, and it can also be subject to opinion.

#84878 - 09/17/04 12:37 AM Re: help with pushing ki
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Finally someone with some sense. I'm too stupid to shut up, i'll go forever.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 09-17-2004).]

#84879 - 09/17/04 11:34 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ender:
Perhaps I can actually answer your question. The reason the water is not vibrating very much is probably due to the fact that your chi/ki is not developed highly yet. Practice constant meditation, and you will see progress, though I also suggest finding a good Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Pa Gua, or Rei Ki teacher. There is a large difference between feeling and circulating your energy, and actually being able to dispel it.

Also, As far as theory about whether or not its BS...Think what you want, I know what Ive seen. Ive watched as my Sensei flicked his wrist and a candle was blown out in the same instant, and propelling very weighty opponents with almost no effort, using a mere palm push. Ive also felt the energy inside myself. So, be skeptical, its fine, I don't hold it against you. I invite you even to laugh at me. If you really want the truth about Chi/Ki, heres some advice...Pick up a book, and find a qualified teacher.

[This message has been edited by Ender (edited 06-21-2004).]
[/QUOTE]

Making a candle go out with the flick of his wrist( drops of water under the wrist perhaps. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] )

Hmmmmm...Pushing guys to the floor with his palm, now that I believe, because one-time I palm striked someone heavy on to the floor. He was pretty big, and it didn't hurt me at all. Wait, it was some inches away from me..Anyways. I felt the chi energy inside of my once, and my friends it felt terrific, because I practiced for a long time for this and it's done.

Usually, I practiced using chi on a very hard tree in the back of my yard, almost bent it. 8)

#84880 - 04/14/05 10:30 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

it takes more energy to actually push the ki away from your body. reserve energy just for the blast in the back of your hand toward the wrist then when you are ready with the energy ball or whatever you are making, throw all of your energy that you have reserved at one time. it might take a few times to learn to reserve energy just depending how strong your ki is.

#84881 - 04/14/05 10:55 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kotetsu:
Moving things with your chi isn't impossible. I've seen other peple do it. My freind can push soda cans of the table from across the room. The cans are in the middle of the table by the way. And I don't live near anything that would that would cause vibrations or physical disturbancs like that.[/QUOTE]

Chi should work thru glass right? all other electro-magnetic energy can go thru glass. ask him to move the can while it's on the other side of a window of the house. do not let him open the window. go around the outside and place the can on the window ledge while he stays inside.

If he can make the can fall off the ledge, enter him in the $1mil contest.

#84882 - 04/27/05 01:41 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Anonymous
Unregistered

For some reason this Ki blast deal reminds me of Jared Diamond's Guns Germs and Steel... lol if you've read it then remind yourself of the tribes and their take on religion section.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga