FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#84833 - 05/13/03 02:39 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
[QUOTE]Ive watched as my Sensei flicked his wrist from 15 feet away and an entire room full of candles blown out in the same instant, as well controlling fire, and propelling very weighty opponents with almost no effort, using a mere palm push.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see this, where is the dojo located? I am not being agressive, I really would like to see this. I am a magician/mentalist and can repeat this feat but would like to see how he does it. If he is using chi (doubtful) I will call James Randi myself and set up the test.

As for propelling weighty opponents, it just physics and mechanical advantage.

scott

#84834 - 05/13/03 05:24 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Scholar Offline

Loc: Brockton
Kempoman, I've started traing Qi Gong in earnest from a Qi Gong Master in China. Just wanted to let you know that when doing the lesson I had a shallow cough and felt a wave or pulse of energy go down my arms toward my fingers. This was automatic without thought to do this beforehand. This is just an honest observation. I would not know if it would have a physical effect upon an opponent as I have not done so. Please accept my honesty in my gratitude for your sharing what you know.

#84835 - 05/14/03 07:41 AM Re: help with pushing ki
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hey Scholar

Best explanation of Chi yet.

Next time I get close to an opponent, I'm going to cough in his face. I don't think I'll need to wait for the enrgey to go down my arms and zap him, I think he'll back off all on his own.

Or maybe, it's my Chi!
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL

#84836 - 05/14/03 07:47 AM Re: help with pushing ki
007Vegeta Offline

I apreciate your comments but would really like some comments on my other post (heated palms)

#84837 - 05/16/03 03:29 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Kempoman, I suggest looking up any CMAC dojo (though theyre all located in Canada I believe, as it is a Canadian organization). They are all qualified instructors, most of whom the instructors are direct students of Kyoshi Wallace Platt. Ive never seen a bad CMAC instructor (though there are hundreds, and I've met only few)

#84838 - 05/21/03 09:18 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Kotetsu Offline

Loc: Hollis, NH, USA
Ender, although believing in this myself, I have to agree with JohnL about your post. That was pretty bad. That ego stuff is a load. I know people who would be willing to demonstrate if you were willing to watch. And I can understand why people would be skeptical, partialy because of media and holywood, and partialy because we have adapted to explain everything logicaly, science and all that. If you found someone who could do it and asked them to show you, they probably would(if you were nice and polite of course). Although physics and body mechanics have something to do with pushing heavier people but some of it is an energy. Not to be mystical or anything, but why does karate have the kiai? (Is that how kiai is spelled?)

#84839 - 05/22/03 06:35 PM Re: help with pushing ki
swords Offline

Loc: Rialto, California,USA
I have study on some of the oldest myths and leagends and I find it hard to believe some of the wisest people in time which was in ancient china could believe in a lie for so long I believe the same thing they do it takes years to develope what you call supernatural powers or what I call chi abilities and I find it sad that some one can dedicate thier lives to Qigong and not believe what the whole style is about but I guess that where time has gone a time people can be technologicaly smart but can't understand why lightning strikes peolple or why you can generate static electricity it's becouse your entire body runs on electricity but it is call chi the asians where the only one's smart enough to be simple minded enough to see this simple answer and understand that the mind is the most complex machine in the world and that is becous you can do anything your mind see possible so the key is to not believe in the word impossible

#84840 - 05/22/03 07:25 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Kynosu Offline
Stranger

Heyo, I'm new at this board and I couldn't pass this thread up. I can say for sure that I know chi can be passed through physical contact since one of the basic definitions of chi is the air you breathe (I don't quite remember where I read that)thus you need to have air to live so everything you do, has some chi involved. *cough* Anyyyywho, chi passed through non physical contact...I heard once that it won't affect non-living things yet could impact living ones. Don't quote me on that, it's been a while since I've done any research or chi training. But, *shrugs* I dunno, give it a try =)

Kynosu

#84841 - 06/16/03 03:16 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Shen Zhen Offline

yeah?
I'm new here too, so, ya know,
but chi does quite exist, I know this for certain reasons, but i don't exactly want to get into them right now, I don't want to cause anymore conflict in this thread, [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

Shen Zhen

#84842 - 06/16/03 06:31 PM Re: help with pushing ki
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shen Zhen:
yeah?
I'm new here too, so, ya know,
but chi does quite exist, I know this for certain reasons, but i don't exactly want to get into them right now, I don't want to cause anymore conflict in this thread, [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

Shen Zhen
[/QUOTE]

Oh my gawd!

Yet another, "I know it exists," without providing any back up.
"Certain reasons" What a cop out!

JohnL

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga