FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#84823 - 04/20/03 02:58 AM Re: help with pushing ki
raccoon Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Vegeta> Another otaku! Welcome to our forum; Vegeta was one of my favorite badass character, BTW!

It looks like some of our senior members are on crack, If you will excuse them... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

I am only a beginner at aikido and karate, so I don't really know how to answer your question. But here are a few things to ponder:

1) be skeptical. You don't even need HTML skill to create a web page anymore. Putting voodoo article online isn't that difficult, and as I am sure you already know, there is next to no way to regulate them. I will be very skeptical about ANYTHING you read online.
2) Don't think too much right now, just train hard. Do you have a base martial art you are practicing? Are you studying under a good instructor? I will tell you a secret: there is no secret in martial training, just knowledge, experience, and hardwork. Martial art won't make you what you are not. You are human, a product of nature. You ain't going to become anything supernatural, although you can gain proficiency and economy of movement to maximize what you can do with your body. To those with no training or knowledge in the arts, it might even look supranatural. Only those who put in their hours and sweat on the mats, will know it's no magic. It's dedication, it's hard work, it's training.

So don't look for flashy stuff that looks mysterious and bewildering. Use your common sense. Martial art isn't voodoo, it won't defy laws of nature. Just train hard, work on things that you can understand, work on things that your instructor guides you to.

Sorry for the patronising tone, I just hate to have someone passionate about the arts end up chasing his own tail. Don't waste your time, money and efforts looking for magic, spend them in quality training instead.

Good luck!

yours in aiki
-raccoon

[This message has been edited by raccoon (edited 04-20-2003).]

#84824 - 05/08/03 11:40 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Kotetsu Offline

Loc: Hollis, NH, USA
Moving things with your chi isn't impossible. I've seen other peple do it. My freind can push soda cans of the table from across the room. The cans are in the middle of the table by the way. And I don't live near anything that would that would cause vibrations or physical disturbancs like that.

#84825 - 05/08/03 01:09 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
If you really believe this then go to

$1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge

and apply for the $1,000,000 prize. If he can really do it then he'll be rich.

Either way
Have fun
Scott

PS
I can move them as well, but then again I am a magician and its just a trick.

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 05-08-2003).]

#84826 - 05/09/03 09:21 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Kotetsu Offline

Loc: Hollis, NH, USA
It's possible that it is a trick but then he is pretty good at so that three people don't see what he is doing. But hey you never know, I've had the wool pulled over my eyes a few times. :0

[This message has been edited by Kotetsu (edited 05-09-2003).]

#84827 - 05/09/03 11:35 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

I can do it completely surrounded with as many people watching as can fit in a room. I can even be across the room 10-15 feet away and do it. Its called an ITR (Invisible thread reel) it sure can spook and fool most.

But you never know, if he can he really should try for the million Randi is fair(but he's also a magician) and the rules are agreed to in advance by both parties. So far noone has passed even the preliminary tests and most like John Edward, James Van Praagh(sp?) and Sylvia Browne have refused to even attempt the test...wonder why???

Take care
Scott

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 05-09-2003).]

#84828 - 05/11/03 12:59 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Perhaps I can actually answer your question. The reason the water is not vibrating very much is probably due to the fact that your chi/ki is not developed highly yet. Practice constant meditation, and you will see progress, though I also suggest finding a good Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Pa Gua, or Rei Ki teacher. There is a large difference between feeling and circulating your energy, and actually being able to dispel it.

Also, As far as theory about whether or not its BS...Think what you want, I know what Ive seen. Ive watched as my Sensei flicked his wrist and a candle was blown out in the same instant, and propelling very weighty opponents with almost no effort, using a mere palm push. Ive also felt the energy inside myself. So, be skeptical, its fine, I don't hold it against you. I invite you even to laugh at me. If you really want the truth about Chi/Ki, heres some advice...Pick up a book, and find a qualified teacher.

[This message has been edited by Ender (edited 06-21-2004).]

#84829 - 05/11/03 01:20 PM Re: help with pushing ki
BBB Offline

Loc: California
Hey guys, I'm kinda new here so you probably don't know me.

Anyway, I'm just curious if this pushing Ki would have any practical applications besides training.

I'm a newcomer 16 year old black belt in kempo so be patient if i seem ignorant. I just want to know. I still have trouble believing in this kind of stuff about healing and pushing and iron shirt with your energy.

#84830 - 05/11/03 08:06 PM Re: help with pushing ki
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
See, you'd think that if this stuff REALLY existed, people would show off, right? So how can it exist, right?

WOW, like I, and other people who know this stuff works, DIDNT think about this.

Energy application can only come when you have true peace of mind and have emptied yourself of all the psychological junk that goes with life.

At this point, your ego is cleansed, and when the ego is cleansed, why would you ever want to show off?

Not to mention, would you really want every person out there rushing to the nearest internal art dojo seeking this kind of "power" for all the wrong reasons? I think not. Most people are too skeptical to even look in to it, or even pick up a book, before shutting it down.

#84831 - 05/12/03 09:12 AM Re: help with pushing ki
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Because $1,000,000 is a lot of freakin' money!!! That's why. The "I am such an enlightened human I don't need to show off" is a bunch of crap. Noone can do this. Hell, I'm even willing to out up $1,000 of my own money to back it up.

Someone can try to stop me, by using their chi, from casually walking up and pouring a big bucket of water on their head. If I am moved back at all without being touched I will pay up, but if they get wet Bwahahahahaha.

Scott

#84832 - 05/12/03 01:09 PM Re: help with pushing ki
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hi Ender

Thought you and your opinions were dead and buried. A few points:

"See, you'd think that if this stuff REALLY existed, people would show off, right? So how can it exist, right?

WOW, like I, and other people who know this stuff works, DIDNT think about this."

You don't show it off. No, instead you just spout about it on a forum. This way you can say anything you like without having to prove anything.

"Energy application can only come when you have true peace of mind and have emptied yourself of all the psychological junk that goes with life."

A typical statement that can never be proven. From your recent posts though, you appear to have more psycological junk than most, so goodness knows how you could even attempt energy application, given your own rules.

"At this point, your ego is cleansed, and when the ego is cleansed, why would you ever want to show off?"

It's nothing to do with showing off. It's simply to prove that what you say exists, does.

"Not to mention, would you really want every person out there rushing to the nearest internal art dojo seeking this kind of "power" for all the wrong reasons? I think not. Most people are too skeptical to even look in to it, or even pick up a book, before shutting it down."

What a cop-out. Your suggestions that only the "right kind" of people should have your type of knowledge is as transparent as the ninja threads currently on this site.

You have yet again put forward a series of statements that are ambiguous, unprovable, and totally lacking in any justification.

I hope in the future you'll have something worthwhile to say.

JohnL

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga