FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 8
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432457 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#84777 - 09/18/02 08:44 PM Re: Qi Gong
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
It seems as if the healing aspect you are talking of is similar to Reiki, although it is not Reiki unless you have received a Reiki attunement.

All hands emit a certain amount of Chi energy from the palms, with Reiki this is amplified to maybe 200-500 times the normal energy. Qui gong will also help build up Chi in the body through the meridiens.

An extension of your Qui Gong training would be to find a Reiki master and get your level 1 attunement, from there you can decide to continue as a healer or not. I find Reiki healing comes in very handy for all those martial arts injuries! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

I am now Reiki Level 2 and am having my Level 3 & Masters attunement in October. I'm happy to answer any questions on Reiki and its use in healing and Martial arts etc. Our martial arts group teaches Qui Gong, meditation and Reiki as part of our internal arts practice. Study of pressure points and their application is also a large part of our activities.

The important thing to remember is that Reiki energy does not deplete the body's energy [it is done by channeling of Universal Energy] whereas many other methods of healing do deplete the chi.

When treating with Reiki it can be felt by the receiver as heat [its like being heated up from the inside] and also by the practioner as their hands heat up! The treatment is given via each of the body's chakras although for injuries it is done on the injured part.

I would urge you to continue with this extension of your abilities and see how it changes your life.

Reiki blessings
Reiki

#84778 - 10/31/02 12:01 PM Re: Qi Gong
Lo C'hi Offline

Loc: L.I.,N.Y.
Hi Reiki,
I hope you are well and still checking this mb.
When I attended my level 1 attunement, Reiki was described as a part of the chi kung spectrum of internal energy. Do you agree?
I have not had enough practice to consider myself a healer, but by concentrating on chanelling energy through the chakra areas during my chi kung routines I have found a marked increase in power and focus during forms and sparring and healing between classes. I usually stand and do chi kung between rounds rather then sit.
As far as exploding Qi Gong, the only place I have read about it was in a Chan style Tai Chi book. Chan is a very combat oriented form of Tai Chi that a Chi Gung master I worked with practices.
Be Well and train hard.
Al

#84779 - 11/12/02 05:04 PM Re: Qi Gong
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Both Chi Kung/Qi Gong and Reiki deal with movement of Chi throughout the body. As Reiki healers we channel universal chi or Qi, with Qi Gong we work with our own internal chi/Qi. Don't get the energies confused.

Remember if it's depleting your internal energy it's not Reiki, its your own energy, and you will need to restore it at some stage or you will feel awful. You can treat with Reiki all day without getting the slightest bit tired.

If you are a level 1 practioner then you are a healer, whether or not you've had a lot of practice!

I use a set of Qi Gong exercises to build Chi and increase my energy levels too! The reiki comes in really handy too for self treatment & focus. Meditation helps a lot.

For high stress situations use kidney position and treat for at least 5mins. The "cosmic plug" position over front & back of 3rd eye is also useful as an energy boost if feeling tired. Let the reiki flow as it will.

reiki blessings, & train hard!
Reiki [I'm now a Reiki Master!]

#84780 - 11/18/02 01:41 PM Re: Qi Gong
Lo C'hi Offline

Loc: L.I.,N.Y.
Hi Reiki,
Thanx for the info and congrats on the new Reiki level you have attained.
I am looking forward to trying the treatments you described. I think it is great that Reiki is gaining respect in the medical and martial arts communities. Too many martial arts focus on the external and some never address internal arts for strength, healing and longevity, no matter how long you study.
I think that every martial artist should also study a healing art to provide a balance to their training and lifestyle.

Be well and take care.

#84781 - 03/22/03 10:38 PM Re: Qi Gong
Scholar Offline

Loc: Brockton
I've read that clockwise movement puts energy in, and counterclockwise takes energy out of the person. The two successful healings I did, one was felt like heat and the other like electricity. Also I've heard that you have to release the bad energy into the ground or out a joint so as not to be adversely affected. When I did Qi gong steady for a week, my old ankles felt great , when I stopped they eventually felt old again

#84782 - 03/26/03 05:47 PM Re: Qi Gong
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scholar:
I've read that clockwise movement puts energy in, and counterclockwise takes energy out of the person. The two successful healings I did, one was felt like heat and the other like electricity. Also I've heard that you have to release the bad energy into the ground or out a joint so as not to be adversely affected. When I did Qi gong steady for a week, my old ankles felt great , when I stopped they eventually felt old again[/QUOTE]

The chakras [energy centres] of the body normally spin clockwise. If they need help then you make the energy go more clockwise. If they are overactive then you make the energy spin CCW. According to what I've learnt anyway.

Generally speaking if you are using Reiki for healing [and not your own energy] you may/or may not feel heat as the energy goes. And you can feel anything from a mild tingling through to an unpleasant electric shock sensation. Often I see colours & images and hear sounds, feel sensations, depends on the person being treated and the practioner.

You are right about grounding in a sense, you should always make your grounding connection *before* any healing session otherwise you have the risk of using your own energy and also picking up negatives from your patient!

Think of becoming a tree and growing your roots into Mother Earth... as a suggestion to help energy ground and release, then at the end of treatments make sure you and your patient drink lots of water!! This will reduce any feelings of spaciness or drifting and allow proper connection of energy back to earth.

Remember to do self treatments daily, these aid your recovery and keep the Reiki energy flowing as it should. This is what I tell all my new attunees and if they continue with this then they are able to channel the energy more efficiently.

Reiki Blessings

#84783 - 03/26/03 09:45 PM Re: Qi Gong
mikelw Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bothell, Washington (not DC), ...
What about Chi kung exercises used for toughening the body and being able to withstand powerful blows? Anyone have information about this??

#84784 - 04/07/03 06:27 PM Re: Qi Gong
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikelw:
What about Chi kung exercises used for toughening the body and being able to withstand powerful blows? Anyone have information about this??[/QUOTE]

Daoist breathing also helps....
or at least I find it helpful in moving ki to where it is needed most for protection. Our system teaches this as a useful method to help withstand blows in sparring etc

I have a good book at home on Qui Gong exercises for health and for MA, will have a look and give u the name of it, u should be able to get it at Borders [which is where I got mine from].

#84785 - 04/13/03 03:44 PM Re: Qi Gong
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
I have a good book at home on Qui Gong exercises for health and for MA, will have a look and give u the name of it, u should be able to get it at Borders [which is where I got mine from].[/QUOTE]

It's called:
Qigong for Health & Martial Arts - exercises & meditation by dr Yang, Jwing-Ming
a YMAA Publication from Boston

It has historical background of Qigong and general principles of MA Qi Gong, Wei Dan, Nei Dan, Qi enhancement, massage, meridiens, pressure points and acupuncture, MA apps, cavity press [pressure point apps] etc
quite a nice book. It contains about 10 sets of qui gong exercises of varying types.

[Just running thru the chapter headings to give u an idea of what's in it.]

Budo

#84786 - 05/22/03 06:22 PM Re: Qi Gong
swords Offline

Loc: Rialto, California,USA
chi only works on those who believe it intill your chi is stronger then those who don't believ in it

swift

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga