FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Jeff_G 1
Marcus Charles 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#84764 - 04/02/07 01:22 AM Re: Iron Shirt [Re: Rumble]
Tengri Offline

Quote:

Iron shirt or robe technique will not make you impervious to injury. What it will do is to help you to take or absorb the hit better with minimal damage. I have learned some Iron robe technique with my Sifu and I can now take a hit from a wooden baseball bat with minimal damage. But no way can I not get seriously hurt by any sharp objects not even my sifu can do that. Oh and by the way I heard some stories from some poeple where they said there master could take a bullet with out getting hurt to me thats Bull sh!@#. The only person who can take a bullet and not get hurt is Superman lol.

The bullets were old style musket balls. Also, resistant to cuts is a different form (diamond body or spirit armor). Its actually quite easy in theory. Its based on energy, color and visualization. Underneath the skin energy flows and comes out of the pores. A certain type of energy can make the skin resist cut of a metallic object. But this is not real kung fu. Its religon or kooky magic. People that imply that universal qi and breathing and hardnening makes them resist cuts, and blows and all this are simply mixing metafors. They dont really understand what they are saying. In the old days people would mix 5-6 different methods. Prayer, incense, writing symbols on your body, eating odd things, rolling in sand, meditation, tension, ect. Sun da is an example. There are remnants even today. Altars and magic potions. Magic hand signals, secret handshakes. Bowing to a dead master. Calling for the monkey king, drinking from a goblet, it goes on and on. This is where you get into dangerous and delusional territory. Why wouldnt a teacher feed of some of it? It serves his interests to have his picture on the wall next to buddha and to get red money packets. And have people pretend to be dedicated and huble so he might one day teach a secret of adjusting your pain threshold.

#84765 - 07/04/07 11:16 AM Re: Iron Shirt [Re: Tengri]
Shae Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've done Q'i gong research for ten years now and Serious practice for 3 the Iron shirt/body is part myth part fact the bullet thing was a scam used to make fearless soldiers durring the Golden Fist Rebelion so groups of men with "magic vests" could attack British Riflemen. Liang's and Wen's book Q'i Gong Empowerment has a meathod of training in the Iron Shirt and I've practiced the NeiKung and have side effect from the training so approach at your own risk

#84766 - 07/05/07 08:50 PM Re: Iron Shirt [Re: swords]
VietPanda Offline

I reckon learning for words alone should only be for finding out the theory, and if your interested, later go and learn from a teacher

Besides, learning about MA is quite fun!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga