FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#84427 - 04/12/05 11:31 PM rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


probably have little or nothing to do with meditation but...

does anyone else find it very relaxing and soothing when you (or someone else) gently rub and caress your eyebrows? i can literally be lulled to sleep from this.

Top
#84428 - 04/13/05 07:37 AM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by bongalak:
probably have little or nothing to do with meditation but...

does anyone else find it very relaxing and soothing when you (or someone else) gently rub and caress your eyebrows? i can literally be lulled to sleep from this.
[/QUOTE]

Bong,
Your first instinct was correct. Nothing to do with meditation. Imagine for a moment the same question posed by someone else with their body parts of your choice substituted for eyebrows. Eyebrows stand poised at the apex of a slippery slope.

Top
#84429 - 04/13/05 09:00 AM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


Oldman

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]


Bongalak

Strange, I remember reading about an hypnosis method in which the practitioner gets the subject to fall asleep by applying both forefingers on the subject's temples and gently stroking his eyebrows with his thumbs (in addition to other processes; it was a bit more complicated than that but I can't remember it all precisely). So there might indeed be something special about eyebrows... (there are definitely body parts about which there's "something special", but I would second Oldman in suggesting not to push your experiments any further, or - if you do - not to share your experience with the forum)

Top
#84430 - 04/13/05 12:03 PM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


From the Tao

"Accept disgrace willingly.
Accept misfortune as the human condition".

What do youthink Lao Tsu meant by "Accept disgrace willingly"?

Top
#84431 - 04/13/05 12:15 PM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


Accept disgrace willingly

I'd tell you what it means, but my opinion is unimportant.

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Top
#84432 - 04/13/05 12:23 PM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by oldman:
From the Tao

"Accept disgrace willingly.
Accept misfortune as the human condition".

What do youthink Lao Tsu meant by "Accept disgrace willingly"?
[/QUOTE]

D oh,
I posted this in the wrong place. I am a techno turd.

Top
#84433 - 04/13/05 12:44 PM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 08/25/03
Posts: 1785
Loc: Chatham Kent UK
Don't be upset oldman - accept your disgrace willingly [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Top
#84434 - 04/13/05 02:59 PM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by oldman:
Bong,
Your first instinct was correct. Nothing to do with meditation. Imagine for a moment the same question posed by someone else with their body parts of your choice substituted for eyebrows. Eyebrows stand poised at the apex of a slippery slope.
[/QUOTE]

duly noted oldman. from now on i shall keep my physical exploration experiences to myself. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

but i'd still recommend rubbing eyebrows as a healthy and natural way of alleviating stress. and i think it could be a good way of lowering blood pressures as well, if only in theory. hm.. this calls for more experimentation...

Top
#84435 - 04/13/05 03:12 PM Re: rubbing eyebrows
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 08/25/03
Posts: 1785
Loc: Chatham Kent UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bongalak:
duly noted oldman. from now on i shall keep my physical exploration experiences to myself. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

but i'd still recommend rubbing eyebrows as a healthy and natural way of alleviating stress. and i think it could be a good way of lowering blood pressures as well, if only in theory. hm.. this calls for more experimentation...
[/QUOTE]


Massaging the eyebrows and ears are well known acupressure techniques.

Top


Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga