FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
kolslaw 1
Bartfast 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83995 - 11/21/04 08:27 AM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

QuiSnake,

I agree with ur observations on science (it is a religion of sorts I have long felt) and personally like ur meatbag suggestion. lol [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
And I agree that we should definitely tread and trust carefully in a world we are new to. I guess more specifically I am curious if, after encountering these "figures" etc as it seems all people have, if you have experienced any negative side affects. For example, paranormal stuff happening in the REAL (well the waking anyway) world. Felt spirits babbling at you in your mind while awake? "Things" coming to you as you sleep? Ya know, basically stuff that you cant get away from if you desire to by not meditating. I am fully aware that there is "more" to this world than what we see. I find it oddd that we only use roughly 10% of our brains and we are said to only "see" (with our eyes) 10% of reality. Seems an awfully peculiar coincidence huh? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] That said I know if we expand what we can see...we will see MORE...good and bad. I just want to know I can set it aside at times without the bad buggin me lol. Anyway, talk to ya later. Beardy.

#83996 - 11/21/04 09:15 AM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beardy, please help me get unbanned, or at least tell me how to get unbanned. Please!!!!!(By the way, it's me Macleod)

[This message has been edited by Stormdragon (edited 11-21-2004).]

#83997 - 11/21/04 04:50 PM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Storm,
I dunno...can u log in under a new name? I use a few different ons just for fun. If that doesnt work..are u on a dial up or cable modem? If cable can u reset ur IP addy?i believe that is how they track u in there. See if any of that works. As i dont know any of these "new" monitors I am not sure what to tell you. Another alternative might be to go to th library and log in...then find a monitor and plead ur case to them. see if they reinstate u. Thats about all I can think of....oh you could always astral project ur way into the net....Homer simpson did that didnt he? If je can u can lol [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Beardy Man

#83998 - 11/21/04 06:35 PM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]
Felt spirits babbling at you in your mind while awake? "Things" coming to you as you sleep? Ya know, basically stuff that you cant get away from if you desire to by not meditating. I am fully aware that there is "more" to this world than what we see. I find it oddd that we only use roughly 10% of our brains and we are said to only "see" (with our eyes) 10% of reality. Seems an awfully peculiar coincidence huh? That said I know if we expand what we can see...we will see MORE...good and bad. I just want to know I can set it aside at times without the bad buggin me lol. Anyway, talk to ya later. Beardy.
[/QUOTE]
I actually thought of spirits babbling things to us as a great advantage [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

The problem with starting along the 'path less walked', is that once you get a little distance down the path, and you've had a few personal experiences... you cant really turn back. You cant get rid of your experiences and what you've felt/learned/seen, even if you misinterpretted it.
Well, at least anything short of a memory-crushing concussion wouldnt be able to make you turn back.

Once you 'break yourself in' to meditation, you find yourself gradually becoming more sensitive.. you should never rely on anything too much, but meditation (or the 'just chilling' side of it) is a great tool for relieving stress and helping to keep a calm mind.

In all things, there are the occasional nasty-things. Just like many people have good intentions, you may eventually meet a mugger who has set its eyes on you as a target.

The only thing that you need to worry about, really.. is fear. The most common bad-effect found in the spiritual arts, is fear.
People often report seeing 'evil spirits' stood next to their bed quietly when they wake up from odd DEEP meditations or dreams..
..but they arent really evil..
..the fear of the unknown drives them to believe that it is evil, because they are 'naked' and 'defenceless' against it.

They say they get a 'nasty' vibe off it. That is often just because they think it may attack, and they can do nothing about it.

Sorry for keeping this so vague but im rushing through some posts [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

#83999 - 11/21/04 08:29 PM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey QiSnake,
Thanks for your honesty. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I agree we misunderstand much in this world. But that said some of the people I have read about DID say that the things were in deed evil based on actions not just feelings. Isnt it possible that if you encounter good you could encounter evil as well? Many seem to have encountered genuine "evil" things. That said I am just curious as to what you do when you DO encounter evil stuff. (and i want to avoid a huge discusson here on what "evil" is lol [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] ) I mean since it seems inevitable I am curious how YOU have battled it. I guess what I mean is..can you control this evil, tell it to scram and it does? Or does it more torment ya...or maybe you have never encounterd the evil side? I am not really sure as to your experiences myself. I also agree that once you enter into more wisdom..there is no turning back of sorts. I just want to be prepared. Only a fool begins a journey without the proper supplies. (even though those supplies could be many different things to different people) Thanx again.
Beardy

#84000 - 11/23/04 01:56 AM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As far as meditation goes, all you need is the ability to think.

You are the resident of your existence, and you cannot be dislodged. If something harmful/evil approaches you and you wish to be rid of it? Will it into reality.
You are within the boundaries of your self, your mind, your heart... it is completely under your control.

The worst thing that could happen, which hasnt happened to me.. would be that some nasty thingy could try to give you the illusion you are being posessed, in my experiences and many many others.. this is not possible.
I havent encountered real evil, I dont think... everything I found, was just scary-seeming things, that were tricks of the mind.

All that I encountered that wasnt a trick of my mind, was often neutral.. it makes me wonder if the things I saw, were a part of myself.. *shrugs*
Sorry for being so brief but its 8:55am and I havent slept all last night [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#84001 - 11/23/04 01:36 PM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Qisnakes got a point about willing it away, you know God or the creator or whatever you believe in(not to offend anyone) gave us powerful minds and sperits enough so that I dont believe there are many things out there that are speritual that can resist your will for very long although personally I think if you run into something seriously evil i think you may have to do more than will it away, like go to God.(By the way, thinks Beardy for the christianchat advice I contacted the main people and if that dont work I guess I'll try to change the IP addrese or something, I'm on dial up so how would that work?)

#84002 - 11/23/04 09:29 PM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Storm, I believe that ur dial up IP chsnges everytime u dial up. SO with a new name u may be able to log in right now!! Give it a shot. If that doesnt work then u can do it a more complicated way. Look online I believe u can change it urself. (force ur modem to choose a new one--but i dont remember how)

QiSnake....i agree with ur will (especially from the Christian perspective) I guess i just wondered if there was any special "prep work"---ya know purifying your will and focus of thought before ya even attempt meditation. (The same way u wouldnt seek a battle without proper training) What ya think? yes/no? As a christian i would say know god first etc...but as I have never really poked around in the spiritual realms i am not aware of what "prep work" and supplies i might need ya know [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG] I gotta believe that some purification or ability to keep a focused will is important before going in isnt it?
Beardy

#84003 - 11/26/04 06:45 AM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
There are no such things as demons. The evil is in mans heart, the evil exist throughout our lives, but it is man made. God does not create or possess anything evil, there is no devil which creates evil acts to occur! Man is responsible for all evil in this world.

Man is the evil force behind all the countless acts against humanity that has gone on since the dawn of civilization. And it is man alone who must accept the blame and responsibility to assure that these things do not continue in the future. Devils , demons....that's what children believe.

#84004 - 12/08/04 07:26 PM Re: Meditation and demons, etc ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you wish to know what Buddhist meditation is about, it is well to know what Buddhism itself is about. To know that, it is very helpful indeed to first know what it is not. Here is a link.
http://vajra.us/gus_oil_and_water.html

It tells of how utterly and completely different Buddharma is from Abrahamic monotheism. They are not so much opposed as totally out of phase from each other, orange and apples fashion.

Truth be told, he only deamons are your own inner ones. The subconscious may present them to you in various guises. The imagination takes it from there. All evil in the world is man made, pure and simple. Folks do evil things and to justify it shift blame to some god. That same evil done by others they credit to deamons.

Read, for instance, the Old Testiment book of Nahum. You probably never heard of Nahum as preachers never sermon upon it. It horrifies.

Respectfully,

Gan Uesli Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga