FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 5
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#83769 - 06/17/04 05:10 PM Re: zazen
pete Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
Natural and as simple as a child seated cross legged and just enjoying the nature of their being and how this creates the realities of what one see, think and hear. One to zazen as meditation has been a practice I have done everyday almost for 25 or more years. Second nature, first nature as I have no second nature just natural child "born to be "wild" and free as nature is. Learning all the time about huang-po and others never offender about new knowledge just grateful for info.

#83770 - 06/19/04 07:30 PM Re: zazen
gokenki1 Offline

Loc: north waterford , me, usa.
pete thank you for your reply and shareing your experience of zen and your life.I use the ancient masters words as signpost as i will use your words to further my own development and experience of this ancient and powerful practice.I choose huang-po for this thread because his teaching has touched my life the most and has been a silent guide. pete my heart felt best wishes to you and your family in your battle against cancer.

#83771 - 06/20/04 11:23 AM Re: zazen
pete Offline
Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gokenki1:
pete thank you for your reply and shareing your experience of zen and your life.I use the ancient masters words as signpost as i will use your words to further my own development and experience of this ancient and powerful practice.I choose huang-po for this thread because his teaching has touched my life the most and has been a silent guide. pete my heart felt best wishes to you and your family in your battle against cancer.[/QUOTE]

The battle has already been won and "best wishes have been granted". No more real danger from "cancer" recovery huang-po and krisnamutri they are all sign post to one own silent guide. The reality of the moment does heal the body "negative and anxiety stress etc" can cause one not to fight the battle and win the war, comes from dialy practise of meditation since young age. Fears, guilts and anxiety of the moment are all part of "real cancer" that appears as unexpressed emotions. Second time in life has already won battle against "life trauma" so had a good training in emotional intelligence "as I have learn thinking has a powerful effect on stomach". This has decipline my mind to "reality of the moment and what thinking can either be a cure or does not help to recover. Self-hypnosist have used since 14 to understand and cure "heal thy self physician". All tumour in neck and chest have begun to dissipate and only small amount of residual toxin still being "neutralized by metabolism" as meditation slows the metabolism down and helps toxins in a natural way to excreet. No more strange burning smells and swollen lung tissue. Relaxation and deep self-hynosis have once again brought me back to "the reality of the moment". All other physical signs are healing and new "self confidence again". Gifts appearing again music, memory, and understanding of my own "karma as what is the content of my mind to be in the reality of the moment".

[This message has been edited by pete (edited 06-20-2004).]

#83772 - 06/20/04 09:27 PM Re: zazen
gokenki1 Offline

pete glad to here you are winning the battle. to be in the now is very powerful and makes every thing you do zazen.I was told once that zazen is to abide in the absoulute.

#83773 - 06/21/04 04:36 PM Re: zazen
pete Offline
Enthusiast

pete glad to here you are winning the battle. to be in the now is very powerful and makes every thing you do zazen.I was told once that zazen is to abide in the absoulute.[/QUOTE]

The absolute is a concept of totality that does not exists, there only the "reality of mind and concrete objects outside the mind".
Abide in the mind now moment and the absolute will remain the "cultural perspective that is a concept" that does not have a basis in the reality of the mind. A theory that cannot be tested as the mind is finite and not absolute. No consciousnes inaminate object or "unknown concept of the universe, just supposition." The mind is the limit and no equipment to "verify this absolute"

#83774 - 06/21/04 04:50 PM Re: zazen
pete Offline
Enthusiast

pete glad to here you are winning the battle. to be in the now is very powerful and makes every thing you do zazen.I was told once that zazen is to abide in the absoulute.[/QUOTE]

Hishiryo is the harmonizing of objective and subjective views, ultimate consciousness beyond time and space, the highest consciousness, universal, beyond all existences, beyond thinking and non-thinking. To experience hishiryo consciousness, that is Zen.

Basically the present moment and nothing else not universal in the sense of mystical but earthly and real. A misunderstanding of the term "universal", Not beyond time and space just the moment.

#83775 - 06/24/04 07:56 PM Re: zazen
gokenki1 Offline

the absoulute and haisihryo different words same meaning, thats why zen cannot truely be expressed in words.

#83776 - 06/25/04 12:52 PM Re: zazen
pete Offline
Enthusiast

the absoulute and haisihryo different words same meaning, thats why zen cannot truely be expressed in words.[/QUOTE]

Can be expressed in music and physical reaction to external circumstances with "seeing what is there and reacting to what is now" Seeing this without fears, and phychological conditioning and emotionalism of the moment. A reaction that is translated to one dialy life with certain choices and not another". A character that is based on reality of the moment, and not "words" articulated reaction only without chosing way to live dialy life".

#83777 - 06/27/04 06:40 PM Re: zazen
gokenki1 Offline

pete nicely said I agree. this is truely to be free in all we do.

Scott

#83778 - 06/28/04 01:51 PM Re: zazen
pete Offline
Enthusiast

pete nicely said I agree. this is truely to be free in all we do.

Scott
[/QUOTE]

Cultural, religion, music one can see and not have a bias see the whole and not part of the whole. All culture reveals its expression and one can tap into one freedom to listen, react, and not be inhibited by one own bias. All barriers of the mind that hinders growth are released and set free, and there is listening, hearing and seeing with the world perspective and understanding one,s understanding of unknown cultural input. Knowledge that is only limited by one,s path to freedom of mind to just "be" and absorb that which is free.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga