FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
12/22/14 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
12/22/14 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#83471 - 01/23/05 12:50 AM Iron Fist
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've herd little about this and I'm very interested... I'd like to know more... And how I do it. The whole breaking of the fist and then "fusing" the knuckles together. So If anyone can help me... I'd be very thankful.

#83472 - 01/23/05 11:11 AM Re: Iron Fist
Anonymous
Unregistered

Breaking bones intentionally is a horrible idea. "Fusing" your bones will only cause tremendous problems for your hands as you age.

If you wish to condition your hands, use a heavy bag.

#83473 - 02/27/05 05:37 PM Re: Iron Fist
Anonymous
Unregistered

Working your hands against a heavy bag or simalar object can break microscopic calcium deposits in your hand, wrist, and arm.
When they heal up they will be denser than before.

"I am made of iron, steel, and various grains."

#83474 - 02/28/05 03:42 PM Re: Iron Fist
Ironfoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: St. Clair Shores, MI USA
Think of the conditioning of your knuckles as scar tissue of the bone. Like scar tissue is tougher than normal, so will the hand bones become. But do NOT intentionally break your hands. This will only lead to at least a year off from conditioning your hands and lots of problems, like arthritis, down the road. And stop listening to whoever told you to do that.

#83475 - 03/06/05 09:34 PM Re: Iron Fist
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are other ways of "conditioning" your bones, using "dit da jow" or "zheng gu shui", or using "ki".

Talk to 'meijin' - he does Iron Palm training and can point you in the right direction.

As always, if in doubt, always consult your medical practitioner first.

#83476 - 03/26/05 06:10 PM Re: Iron Fist
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by eyrie:
There are other ways of "conditioning" your bones... ...As always, if in doubt, always consult your medical practitioner first.[/QUOTE]

Good answer eyrie.

I can`t give you really the "right" advice concerning the problem, but in our school at hospital we learned that it can be a problem, if a small splinter of a bone gets into a joint? (articulatio). The joint? can become more and more bone itself and after a certain time it can`t be stretched/bend anymore.

Sometimes doctors use such splinters if they for certain have to make stiff such a joint? forever - they just put a splinter of a bone in it.

What Stone Carver wrote on the other hand is true also - but as you obviously don`t know how you have to practice, how do you make sure that you will "damage" your hands just in the right way?

An exercise which should be for your benefit and was executed a hundred times right can be lead to the opposite you wished to achieve by performing it just once in the wrong way.

I really want to encourage you to do the hardening exercise if you`d like to, but as much as for growing in martial skill care for your health also.

[This message has been edited by Wilf (edited 03-26-2005).]

#83477 - 04/05/05 02:20 AM Re: Iron Fist
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use dit da jow too and fill mung beans or green beans in my wingchun wallbag. The mung beans are a type medicine that help u heal faster. When they get smashed up in the bag, the crumbs go through the bag and into ur hands.

My uncle used to be a shaolin monk for 8 years. He did hard Qi Gong, Lohan Kung Fu and had Iron Fist. He used mung beans for 6 months, after he used gravel and some chinese herbs mixed together in a basket, which he strikes for hours. The gravel breaks up into powder so the minerals get into his muscles, skins and bones; the herbs was there to help him heal his hands. Then he moved on to iron bearings in 3 years. His hands were yellow and a bit of orange because of the rust.

I'm 13 and i could break two bricks at the same time but i'd get hurt and he won't when he does it. I know i shoudn't be trying to break bricks at my age. I don't put gravel into my wall bag because it hurts. I don't do the iron fist but i do train my fist. I won't try training the iron fist because you will cripple it for life if you don't use dit da jow or have a instructor and if you do your hands will be stiffer and you won't type or write well.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga