FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Today at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#83344 - 10/11/04 02:06 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

need4speed

You have brick shins.
well thats not the kind of "Brick" I was talking about.
The brick Ajacks was talking About was mauling and deforming your knuckles so they look like a brick.

Man you would have some serious arthritise when you get older.

need4speed You have a broken the kids wrist becuse...
1.) your a kick boxer
2.) have stong powerful legs
3.) Youve probobly kicked 100000 times in your life
4.) Can break 2x4s with kicks
and finaly 4.)The kids wrist was weak or he lacked calcium.
You do not have the brick I was looking for.
what your reffering to is shin conditioning.

hey need4speed can I break your shins to turn them into a brick?

Yea, thought so.

Any way I think Turning my fist into a brick looking thing would be illogical. I like the nice calloused, Jaggedy Knuckes I have right now.
(Splits the skin on the face real nicly.)

Wait, wait not done yet
If you break your Knuckles and they heal, the bones in your hand will harden not the tendons. Which thats what the Knuckle is, a big tendon coverd with skin and I think if you break a tendon it will become weaker (Split+heal= weak link in the tendon, Right?)
If im wrong that The Knuckle is a tendon correct me.

#83345 - 10/11/04 10:29 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rock_fght:
need4speed

You have brick shins.
well thats not the kind of "Brick" I was talking about.
The brick Ajacks was talking About was mauling and deforming your knuckles so they look like a brick.

Man you would have some serious arthritise when you get older.

need4speed You have a broken the kids wrist becuse...
1.) your a kick boxer
2.) have stong powerful legs
3.) Youve probobly kicked 100000 times in your life
4.) Can break 2x4s with kicks
and finaly 4.)The kids wrist was weak or he lacked calcium.
You do not have the brick I was looking for.
what your reffering to is shin conditioning.

hey need4speed can I break your shins to turn them into a brick?

Yea, thought so.

Any way I think Turning my fist into a brick looking thing would be illogical. I like the nice calloused, Jaggedy Knuckes I have right now.
(Splits the skin on the face real nicly.)

Wait, wait not done yet
If you break your Knuckles and they heal, the bones in your hand will harden not the tendons. Which thats what the Knuckle is, a big tendon coverd with skin and I think if you break a tendon it will become weaker (Split+heal= weak link in the tendon, Right?)
If im wrong that The Knuckle is a tendon correct me.
[/QUOTE]

Knuckles have tendons and bones in them. Lots of little bones and lots of tendons. Breaking your hand over and over again is BAD, DO NOT DO THIS. It can permently cripple your hand and Drs. cant do much for you. Also you can end up having enlarged knuckles and alot of sensitivity in your knuckles. I repeat if you intentionally break your knuckles you will regret it every day after you do it for the rest of your life. Feel free to do any other knuckle conditioning but not breaking them. Need4Speed sounds like hes 10 and doesnt know what hes talking about at the moment.

#83346 - 10/12/04 10:54 AM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I molded my knuckle back to look like a normal knuckle, but it's a conditioned fist , My masters knuckle is friggin huge and scary, and trust me you do not want to get hit with it. If you do not have a master to guide your ways with the iron fist then I suggest to find one first,
Remember this is what I chose to do and I do have ache's in my hand sometimes, but then so do my knees, back, wrists and elbows,
I chose to be hard as steel their are consequenses so be-aware, my weapons Iaido and Kabudo master RIP, said todays day people have guns so the need for Iron hand is not that nessesary and he warned us of the consequences, I dont regret it at all and I still condition my hand to this day.

Football player's have back and knee problems for years of abuse, base ball pitchers have bad shoulders or elbows, hockey players have bad knees or ankles, Us as warriors have our issue's, bad knees, arthritus, bad backs, bad elbows, with esentric's minds, I am weapon and choose to be. Do what you want, But I have no regret. The bible does say to bang your body, so bang away.

#83347 - 10/14/04 01:39 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well Jack thats because your old, yep
with old age comes bad knees, back, wrists and elbows.
and with deformed Knuckels comes hand aches

#83348 - 10/17/04 10:27 AM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just as a note about the "street" element, as "UKfightfreak" says, try and use palm strikes if possible. Not only do you transmit force that would be lost in the wrist joint, it leaves no marks on the hand, and if you get pulled up in front of a magistrate or whatever it could be critical to getting off (the police dont tend to like anyone fighting on the street, defence or not!)

#83349 - 10/20/04 01:41 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What, so your saying that palms are stronger?

#83350 - 10/20/04 03:40 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are trying to say that you are less likely to do damage to yourself (i.e. "fight bite") with a palm strike than you are with a regular punch. Besides, you can condition a palm strike just as you can condition a regular fist.

#83351 - 10/22/04 01:29 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Iron fist is just not the fist, It's conditioning of the finger tips, knife hand, palm strike, hammer fist, back fist, back of the wrist bone, slaps on both sides, ridge hand...I train it all, shins, ribs, inside and outside forearms, outerlegs, solar plex and more.

I train for myself and no one else, I choose the Iron Body, and condition my self. You choose your path your way, and if your way is soft style then you need not to condition. I am crazy/weird so whatever but, arnt all seasoned instructors?

Here is a stroy from a master with Iron Fist not me. A master was challened by a guy who stongly wanted to fight in a parking lot over a space. The Iron fist Master Rocked him between the eyes on the forehead only once. The guys remark was hands up in a defensive posture" I dont wanna fight Please dont hit me again"

#83352 - 10/22/04 05:45 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

no, I am not soft. (softer than you, but not soft)

Now that ive mad that point. What about mike tyson. Hes probobly tougher than you. Iron fist is onely one aspect of martial arts that is focoused on. like werestling and boxing are good examples. Do you do eny skill related training, Jack.

How do you train in iron fist that would make it better than plain old "getting beat up in a boxing ring and toughining you up"
could you survive longer than mike...oh, wait how old are you. if your 38 and up your definitly in no shape to get a head jarring. even if your body is hard.

I heard iron fisters meditate too.
Hey, is there an iron face somewhere out there? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
How old are you?????
You sound wise, are you wise? do you have a life like normal people? are you an instructor? Do you have a job? Do you live in japan? (seriously)
I saw on the TV that there is still people in japan that beat eachother up with sticks and do that iron body thing your talking About.

also the guy that wanted to fight that instructour... was a wuss.
If I was to fight an iron fister I would go for his face and nuts, plain and simple.

would you call yourself a master to, at your art?

I also admire that your not flaming me back as I make fun of you. Thats cool, you dont get angry.

#83353 - 10/25/04 06:49 AM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE] also admire that your not flaming me back as I make fun of you. Thats cool, you dont get angry[/QUOTE]

We boil at different degrees.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

[This message has been edited by coxne (edited 10-25-2004).]

[This message has been edited by coxne (edited 10-25-2004).]

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga