FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#83334 - 09/17/04 04:31 PM Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want a strong as possible nuckles, so they will do maximum damage on the street.

From reading other subjects I see you can creat mini fractures on your shins to make them very dense( or somthing like that)

The thing is the knuckles seem more like large tendons(I observed) and you cant fracture tendons

(note: ive ben diong heavy bag work for about 4 years and my wrists and (calaused) knuckles are very strong I just want to go the next level if possible.)

#83335 - 09/20/04 08:02 AM Re: Fists of steel?
UKfightfreak Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: San Francisco
I would just go with palm strikes - as (hopefully) you will be avoiding street encounters as much as possible and so deforming your hands is not much use to you.

Even if you stick with fists a little bare knuckle bag training should do you.

#83336 - 09/20/04 03:17 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, Thnx

#83337 - 09/20/04 03:35 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

my teacher always says hard on soft and soft on hard. fist to stomach (and areas alike) and palm strike to head.

#83338 - 09/21/04 06:26 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

he,he how bout this:a plalm to the forhead will not do as much damage as a conditioned fist to the head(exept for the shock effect). It will often result in a MAJOR cut if executed with power and technique. so I dont use palms in my arsinal, im all fist, foot and elbows.

hows that for tough knuckels and strong wrists?

#83339 - 09/26/04 05:55 AM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've been doin bareknuckle bag work for a long time, not sure how long really maybe 8 months. I can hit my heavy bag(80lbs) as hard as i want and my knuckles are fine. my left hand middle knuckle is twice as big as my righ hand middle knuckle. Thats about all that has happened, i have full dexterity in my fingers. I even broke the metal hook that was holding the bag once, than i got a bigger hook.

one more thing, i also posted this in the "knuckles" thread:
But under no circumstances should you start hitting the heavy bag without wraps. I made that mistake. my hands were cut up so bad, by the fifth day, if i tapped the bag and thats super light tap, my hands would start flowing with blood. hten i bought the wraps and now my hands and tough but ultra sensitive at the same time. scars hurt. but i can hit really really really hard adn my hands are fine now. oh ya and if you plan on bareknuckling the bag than plan on breaking your hands a few times or more. you'll probably be able to touch a couple knuckles and feel a grinding in your knuckles as you open and close your hand. ya, then its probably broken

[This message has been edited by Legend of the Hungry Wolf (edited 09-26-2004).]

#83340 - 09/26/04 07:04 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hmmm.. harsh.

#83341 - 10/04/04 01:19 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im am Iron Fist, You can start by punching wood 100 time soft everyday, or punch until it hurts, The goal is to slowly condition your fist, or if you wish the recipe is to just break the knuckles and then form your knuckle back to almost look normal, Karate Master's old way was to break both punching knuckles then form them together creating a brick look on your hand but, then you jeperdise stealth and your fist will look like a weapon, I chose to break my knuckles then form them back to look normal. Save one hand for the ladies, you really only need one Iron fist.

#83342 - 10/04/04 02:23 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, man I dont know about you but If you break your knuckles on porpose and then heal them and stuff

YOU...ARE...WEIRD

Your right but how would you break and then fuse your Knuckles?
How would they become a "Brick"?
I think fused Knuckles would look deformed
I think that would start to hurt after a while.
you are a wierd man.
How old are you?

#83343 - 10/09/04 08:49 PM Re: Fists of steel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hes not weird!
its true im a kickboxer and i have brick shins , i have broken my leg a lot and fractured my legs they hget harder to become deadley. i was in a fight in scool and i kicked the gy tried to grab my leg and i broke his hand and wrist!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga