FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#6286 - 09/18/04 01:38 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm...Not so sure about this Shoto Tanemura cat. His bio, aside from being generally ridiculously padded, mentions that he was an exponent of "Shindo muso ryu kenpo." As far as I know, no such animal exists. Shindo/Shinto muso ryu is the school of jojutsu founded by Muso Gonnosuke Katsuyoshi. A search for this 'style' of kenpo only turns up Tanemura's page, and SMR related sites.

#6287 - 09/20/04 08:11 AM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys, I must come clean with something about myself. I am a ninja. Since a child I learned to climb trees, hide in bushes, attatch hooked objects to ropes in hopes that I could scale my garage, I even had a ninja mask! I made shurikens out of wood and sharpened them. I skipped school on many occasions to go down to the lake and focus my ki power and throw roundhouse kicks at mosquitos that flew by. I honed my skills until ......... HAHAHA I can't go on. There are no ninjas guys. Please stop before I fall out of my chair.

"Taijitsu" was a fighting art that many ninjas knew. "Hojo Jitsu" was the art of rope use/binding. (Samurai actually knew Hojo Jitsu, for there were no handcuffs back then). I could bore you with tons of ancient history but I will stop here and just ask you guys to refrain from embarassing yourselves anymore.

#6288 - 09/20/04 11:23 AM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kain Schwarz:
Guys, I must come clean with something about myself. I am a ninja. Since a child I learned to climb trees, hide in bushes, attatch hooked objects to ropes in hopes that I could scale my garage, I even had a ninja mask! I made shurikens out of wood and sharpened them. I skipped school on many occasions to go down to the lake and focus my ki power and throw roundhouse kicks at mosquitos that flew by. I honed my skills until ......... HAHAHA I can't go on. There are no ninjas guys. Please stop before I fall out of my chair.

"Taijitsu" was a fighting art that many ninjas knew. "Hojo Jitsu" was the art of rope use/binding. (Samurai actually knew Hojo Jitsu, for there were no handcuffs back then). I could bore you with tons of ancient history but I will stop here and just ask you guys to refrain from embarassing yourselves anymore.
[/QUOTE]

Ninja don't exist in the context you have put them, with the exception of in the movies. The art of ninjutsu however is still widely practiced.

I'm happy to see new guys come in and feel they can be so condescending to others in the forum. Feel free to continue though. Hopefully you will establish some credibility and be a valuable addition to the forum.

#6289 - 09/20/04 01:40 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't fall into that category, do I laf? I don't try, it's just that outright stupidity bugs me. Especially when one is sitting by a computer to think through what they happen to be posting. It's not like you can type a slip of the tongue.

Wow, I just went into another rant, I guess I do fall into that condescending newcomer category.

#6290 - 09/20/04 01:49 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Foolsgold:
I don't fall into that category, do I laf? I don't try, it's just that outright stupidity bugs me. Especially when one is sitting by a computer to think through what they happen to be posting. It's not like you can type a slip of the tongue.

Wow, I just went into another rant, I guess I do fall into that condescending newcomer category.
[/QUOTE]

From what i can tell the only "issues" i've seen in your post are simple misunderstandings. So no you’re not in that category. We all have our moments. The question is do we intend to be a horse’s hindquarter all the time or are we going to make some sort of contribution? For some it may be both.

#6291 - 09/21/04 09:07 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just wished people would start being more open minded about things like this. If anyone questions anything anyone else believes to be true and practices than instead of using your knowledge of movies and tv shows how about trying to do your own research. Open mindedness will actually bring you further than you may ever know. If anyone has any questions on ninjustu just ask, I will try to help out the best I can.

#6292 - 09/22/04 12:14 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is pretty sad how people won't use google to learn a bit about the art. Google is an incredibly useful tool guys, try it out.

I wanted to step in here and mention that the poster Immortaldragon is on the right track (Not entirely, but he's got the idea).
Ninjutsu tends to use a lot of techniques that involve using the centerline. For example someone may throw a punch at your head, you'll move the top of your body out of the way just barely, then do the appropriate footwork such as stepping in to the inside of their leading knee with your own knee, or stepping behind their leading leg.

Both of these footwork positions leave you in perfect position to perform a throwing technique, because they put the opponent off balance in relation to your stance. I won't go into the details of what you need to do with your arms to get the throw going. The footwork is what's important.

As for ukemi being similar to Aikido, yes this is true to an extent. However, in ninpo taijutsu, our ukemi tend to be MUCH quieter and softer than in aikido or judo. I don't think I would want to try a sideways roll on concrete from aikido. I'd probably break myself.

#6293 - 04/24/05 05:19 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Rockville MD, and i was wondering where to find a legitimate Ninjitsu school near me which teaches both the armed/unarmed fighting techniques and the stealth, climbing, etc. techniques. If anyone has any info about a school locator site/an actual school, please post.

#6294 - 04/24/05 06:40 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Use the search function, and make sure to google for Bujinkan, Genbukan or Jinenkan, in Maryland. I believe Jinenkan made its US headquarters in Maryland. There should be several Genbukan dojos there as well.

Please spell it ninjUtsu, or ninpo, and forget about stealth and all that other nonsense. If you start talking about climbing trees and such, the instructors will laugh at you. You will learn it on your own and as a part of your regular training. If you really want to be stealthy just practice it by yourself at home. You don't need to be taught ninja techniques to be very stealthy. Besides, ninja techniques won't make a noisy person quiet anyways.

Also, the post at the beginning of this page which sort of attacked Shoto Tanemura's credentials is bogus. Go watch a video of him. I've seen the scrolls, he is everything he claims to be.

[This message has been edited by paradoxbox (edited 04-24-2005).]

#6295 - 04/26/05 12:23 PM Re: Invitation to all ninjitsu practitioners
Anonymous
Unregistered

for a laugh:

http://www.geocities.com/what_dayaknow/ninpo.jpg

[This message has been edited by Kintama (edited 04-27-2005).]

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga