FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#309398 - 10/17/07 11:57 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
texn Offline

Shane left Rhee and went to Shim Jang in 2003 and then graded to 2nd dan with Shim Jang in Jan 04 after 6 years as a 1st Dan. He then left Shim Jang as a 2nd dan and formed Yin Yang and affiliated with the ITF (best move he ever made). He Spent 2 years as a 2nd dan (which is all that is required by ITF providing you know ALL OF YOUR GRADING SYLLABUS) then he graded to 3rd dan in Jan 06 by a panel of three ITF International Instructors- Mr Michael Muleta (6th Dan), Mr Steven Legrow (5th Degree) and Mr Christophe Galibert (5th Degree).
He has not skipped a grade, he has fulfilled all of his time requirements and fulfilled all of his technical and theory requirements also. His promotions have been honourable and he can hold his head high with integrity. Time wise he is due for promotion to 4th dan in Jan 2009 unless he gets a 6 month time deduction for the 3 day international instructors course he attended in Malaysia in March 2006, which would mean if he is invited to grade he could do so in July of 2008. So no matter what way you look at it, he's done all of his minimum time requirements for each and every grade and knows all of what is required of an ITF 3rd dan.
6 years as 1st Dan
2 years as 2nd Dan
Currently 3rd Dan
I can't see your problem with his gradings.

#309399 - 10/18/07 02:06 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: texn]
jasperdaman Offline

Loc: Australia
Texn i wont have you joining on in the hijack of my thread and disrespecting my art with stupid chilish names such as 'Rhee-Tards', CAN A MOD PLZ BLOCK THIS STUPID FRIGGIN THREAD BEFORE WE GET MORE IDIOTS PUTTING THERE 2 CENTS WORTH IN

#309400 - 10/18/07 02:29 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: texn]
Robb Offline

Loc: Aus
texn

Break Away = a distinguishable piece that separates from the larger body / ex: you as an Instructor, take the hall venue you run classes in using your old schools name and the students in your care that are members of that old school and transfer the lot (hall, students & you) to join another or create another. Is the generally accepted ma definitions of break away in use.

As you noted txn “His promotions have been honourable and he can hold his head high with integrity”

It was late 2003 that Hicks & Co broke away from the Rhee TKD school with Shane following Hicks. When Hicks broke away as a 3rd Dan in Rhee TKD his first action was to self promote himself to 6th Dan ‘Master” and then promote in Dan rank all the Branch Instructors that supported him in his break away from Rhee TKD as was his pre-break away promise to ensure he could set up his new school and guarantee income. Hicks needed all the Branch Instructors support to ensure he got most of the halls and of course all the students that would follow their instructors with out question to kick start his new business venture. Not long after as you noted in Jan 2004 Shane was promoted to 2nd Dan by Hicks the self promoted Master. Is that an honourable promotion? Maybe it is, from your point of view.

Hicks is not a Master even on paper affiliation, he just decided one day he was a Master and that’s that, he went down the shop bought a new black belt and embroidered 6 Dans onto it. Hicks has no 6th Dan promotions ties to any established Masters, Grand Master or Taekwondo organisations (perceived McDojangs or not) at all to give the Dan promotions he hands out the slightest form of legitimacy. So my earlier posted comment was how or why an ITF examiner would base a 3rd Dan ITF promotion on a 2nd Dan given by the quality of person such as Hicks. Don’t get me wrong I have great respect for the ITF Sabum I know and have trained with. Shane now is no doubt 3rd Dan ITF material training under Master Culter.

As you said txn “I can't see your problem with his gradings.” If it works for you - great.

Robb Rhee-tard (I like that texn)

#309401 - 10/18/07 08:58 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
texn Offline

Yes Hicks is shamelessly self promoted and someone should tell Australasian Taekwondo magazine that. one of the many reasons shane left and has had nothing to do with les or shim jang.

The ITF examiner based a 3rd Dan ITF promotion on what the 2nd Dan could do - NOT on the person who promoted said 2nd dan. Shane is certainly every bit 3rd Dan ITF material. In the ITF you can come from any other taekwondo and they will recognise your current rank up to 3rd dan, even if it was a less than honourable promotion - provided of course you can perform all of the required skill for your belt level, patterns, breaks etc and have done your time, which, obviously shane had done (time), and could do (skill), and to their high high standard. His 2nd dan was acknowledged by them because of that skill and high standard and his rank was accepted based on what he performed for them, not based on who promoted him. Only then he was offered promotion to 3rd dan.
Breakaway - meaning ITF - the original, Rhee a break away of that, Shim Jang a break away of that, Yin Yang a break away back to ITF - the original, he's come full circle.
Glad you like rhee-tard.

#309402 - 10/18/07 01:17 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: texn]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Quote:

Glad you like rhee-tard.

I don't particularly like it though. It strikes me as entirely unconstructive name-calling.

#309403 - 10/18/07 06:34 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: jasperdaman]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Texn i wont have you joining on in the hijack of my thread and disrespecting my art with stupid chilish names such as 'Rhee-Tards', CAN A MOD PLZ BLOCK THIS STUPID FRIGGIN THREAD BEFORE WE GET MORE IDIOTS PUTTING THERE 2 CENTS WORTH IN

If the thread were hijacked or off topic I don't believe the mods would let it build 9 pages worth of posts. Texn neither disrespected the art nor called anybody any childish names, just merely informed us of what they had heard Rhee TKD practioners referred to as. I feel that the term is more offensive to somebody who is stricken with a mental handicap than anything else.

VDJ

#309404 - 10/19/07 01:04 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: VDJ]
jasperdaman Offline

Loc: Australia
The thread obviously is hijacked as i started it to introduce myself, now does any of the posts they have posted look like its about me or who i am? They are using it to argue there own points which im completley fine with, but they should just start there own thread and not turn it into a continuation of mine. And the crack about Rhee-Tards was neither constructive or called for and had no positive input into the conversation whatsoever

#309405 - 10/19/07 02:41 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Leo_E_49]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Quote:

Welcome to the forum!

Incredible, and I just thought this was a thread for introduction. When I joined the forum, I wasn't greeted with 9 pages of garbage. How did this even happen? It reflects poorly upon the TKD forum that an introduction placed here could end up as a political mess like this...

#436141 - 01/21/14 01:38 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: texn]
ALPHABET_SOUP Offline

Loc: Perth Australia
A bunch of 12 year olds referring to an organization does not amount to "being the most part". For the record, speed and power do not come from the sine wave, they come from putting as much mass behind a strike as quickly as possible and that is done by putting your hips into it.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga