FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
ergees 2
Zombie Zero 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
Yesterday at 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432492 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 61 of 67 < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 67 >
Topic Options
#429906 - 09/12/10 10:39 AM Re: Cord's Pro-hormone results [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
You are absolutely right, 40" waist is way too much, but in my defence, when your thigh muscle detaches completely, and you can no longer walk, your physique tends to suffer wink

Since gaining function back in that leg, it has been difficult to shed the weight due to the limitations I was left with in its debiletated state - it wasnt up to intense cardio, and big metabolism boosting exercises like squat, cleans and deads were out of the question, so its been a struggle.

I will be happy to drop to a 36" waist, and now think I can achieve that, where as prior to this, I had hit a real wall, and nothing seemed to be working.

Even though its work in progress, this time last year I was not even cleared to drive to the gym. 1st October last year I went back, on crutches, and could do 20 degree bodyweight wall-sit squats only. today I single leg pressed 200lbs for 8 reps with the bad leg, so I am pretty happy despite the remaining girth of my belly.

#429908 - 09/12/10 12:15 PM Re: Cord's Pro-hormone results [Re: Cord]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Man that is harsh. I'm still learning how to swim and every other form of cardio I get works my pins pretty hard. It would be tough going if I lost mobility for a while. And fair play for putting up your measurements, warts n' all.

I'm sure a beast of a fella like yourself is more than capable of getting your body in the shape you want it. You'll get there.

Edited by Prizewriter (09/12/10 12:17 PM)

#430000 - 09/16/10 02:34 PM Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Good stuff Cord and good talking to you last night; again love putting a voice to the face and words. Looking forward to hearing more about your results.

#430007 - 09/17/10 02:11 AM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Always good to catch up Dereck, bless the xbox for the free easy skype smile

Hope you had a great birthday amigo, and I look forward to posting my final results of this 8 week cycle smile

#430031 - 09/19/10 02:39 PM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Now 1 week in to the recovery phase of the cycle, and things seem pretty good. I do not retain that ever present 'pumped' sensation that I had, and believe this to be due to losing fluid volume from the muscles. This was to be expected.

Training is going well, and I have found a 4 day on, 1 day off split that I am very happy with.

Day 1: Back and Bi's
Wide hammer grip Cable pulldowns: 3x12,8,6
Seated Row: 3x12,8,6
Standing reverse cable flyes:3x12-15
Close grip underhand Pulldowns: 3x6-8
Concentration curls: 5x8-10

Day 2: Chest and Tri's
Incline Nautilus Press: 3x12,8,6
Cable Bench press:3x12,8,6
Cable flyes: 3x8-10
Close Grip Bench:3x6-8
Lying Bi-lateral kickbacks: 5x8-10

Day 3: Legs
Single leg leg press: 5x21's
Bodweight ski-squats:3 x 20
Weighted Back extensions: 3x15
Outer thigh/Glute machine: 3x8-10
High resistance/low RPM cycle intervals: 4x30 seconds/1 min recovery (6 mins total)

Day 4: Shoulders
Seated Dumbell press: 3x12,8,6
Front raise: 3x10-12
Shrugs: 3x12,8,6
Partial Laterals: 3x10-12

Keeping volume low, and hitting lots of different movements per workout is really working well. Had to rethink the leg press though regarding the weight increases I have enjoyed, as i found I was getting soreness in the tendon- not much, or prolonged, but I must respect my limitations and find intensity by other methods, hence the 21's.

#430086 - 09/22/10 11:57 AM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Looking forward to hearing more Cord.

I'm sore today, and weak. Due to life getting in the way I was unable to work out the last two weeks more then 2 cardio and 2 weight lifting. I had not done a back/bicep work out for over a week so last night I set myself up for either "more weight" or "more reps"; I was not going to settle for anything less.

Well I delivered and delivered big. I had intensity and determination on my side and when I was done I could feel it in my arms and back; hell even my shoulders. I was sore after the workout and it took me probably 15-20 minutes for me to recover and move them around. Today I can feel it still and when I clench my abs, I can feel it there as well. I did myself proud last night.

Tonight I hope I can carry that moment forward with my leg workout. I have already thrown on 5 more pounds on my squat rack as a commitment to this. Last week I was Front Squatting 272 lbs 14 times and tonight 277 lbs; and will still try for the 14 (or more). Once I feel that I am continually getting the range I want I will be dropping the amount of reps and put on even heavier weight. My goal would be to Front Squat between 320 to 330 lbs 6 times.

I'm pretty gung-ho on the Front Squat. That I can do it without neck problems is awesome. I'm really pushing myself to get better range so am watching the mirrors to ensure this. There are still times I'm catching myself not going as low as I could and why I'm doing the less weight at this time as I think I might cheat if I use heavier weights and that would be unproductive. Once I'm confident that I won't cheat then I will pack on more weight. Also right now I'm finding the volume I'm doing burns the muscle more but perhaps I'm not getting the growth I could be.

I love and hate this exercise. Perhaps I better rephrase that. I love this exercise but I hate working my legs. My legs are like my biceps, I hate working; they are my most hated muscles to work. In the past I have opted not to work them or not work them as hard as I could. They are also two of the muscles that I find when I really work them hard I feel ill. They are also the hardest muscle to work in my opinion. But the legs need to be worked and with this exercise, Front Squats, I hope to make a big difference.

Onward and upward.

#430088 - 09/22/10 01:59 PM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

The legendary 80's bodybuilder Mike Christian when interviewed about favourite bodyparts to train, said that anyone who said 'legs' simply wasn't training them right wink
Nothing more miserable than being at the bottom of your last rep on heavy squat or leg press, but nothing better than racking having toughed it out and got that rep clean.

Your dislike of bicep work is highly unusual though - normaly you have to fight to stop people doing too much for them! wink

Dont know if its any good to you, but a lot of guys who do front squat, position a flat bench in such a way as to 'tail tap' at the bottom of each rep to ensure good range of movement. Its not a full box squat, just a touch that reminds you to keep the back long, sit back, and go just past parallel.

Not everyone gets on with it as an aid, but I offer it as an option smile

#430091 - 09/22/10 04:01 PM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Actually that is a great idea Cord, I may give that a try. See, that is why I like this place, little tid bits that can help.

Yes, I hate working my Biceps; I am not the norm. Now if you are talking Triceps then count me in. I love my Triceps and the work and especially like how they look. This muscle on my arms really stands out. I'll post a pic perhaps. But Biceps while I like the looks of them, and wish mine were bigger, I dislike working them out. I would avoid them though it is something I always measured and tried to get bigger. Using them as secondary muscles are what gives them their biggest workout.

Lately though I have worked them out but again dislike. I'm doing 3 sets of 6-8 with a Seated Preacher Curl with an EZ-Curl Bar. On the last set without rest I jump to Standing Barbell Bicep Curls with less weight till I burn them and then drop 20 more lbs and repeat. Then I'm done and I'm thankful. Plus it is my last exercise; leave the worst till last.

Wish I liked working them out and wish even more liked working my legs; but sadly not. Love Triceps, Chest, Back and Shoulder in that order.

#430101 - 09/23/10 10:24 AM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Work out was very good last night. Instead of the 5 extra pounds I added, I figured what the hell and added another 5 on top of that. Next work out I'm adding more weight and going for it. May even try a significant amount of weight to see what I can do.

Tonight is chest, shoulders and triceps.

#430233 - 09/30/10 12:28 PM Re: Creaky Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Added another 10 lbs (292 lbs) which dropped my reps only by 1 or 2 surprisingly. Last set found the bar getting wobbly and struggled to get it back on the rack. Will work on that further as I believe the last couple of lifts my technique wasn't as clean and why that happened.

Also thinking like my other lifts that as soon as I'm done this last set I will drop some weight to a more manageable weight and push out some extra fast ones to really get a burn. With the less weight I will also be able to get very deep. Just looking for that extra edge. I'm determined to get the most from this lift.

Surprisingly the tender spots on my shoulders where the bar rests doesn't bother me too much; not unless I touch them that is. I am very surprised by how much weight I can actually hold their with ease. I can easily throw on 300 lbs and lift it and not feel stressed or uncomfortable; that is a nice feeling.

Looking for bigger and better things in the future. Onward and upward.

Page 61 of 67 < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 67 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga