FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 59 of 67 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66 67 >
Topic Options
#429253 - 08/21/10 12:16 AM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
You are probably feeling hungry because you have upped protein and dropped your carbs. While in theory protein should give you a feeling of repletion, in reality, your body needs and requires carbs to function, and to synthesise protein (blood glucose helps the muscular uptake of amino acids).

Your eating and training plan kinda looks like a pre contest bodybuilding plan, so yes, you will get lean, but dont expect to feel energised or happy on it wink

An old school way of minimising carbs without killing yourself is to have a 7 day reduction plan, with day 1 being carb rich, and then dropping carb amounts by 30 gramms each day consecutively, till the 7th day, when you may be on zero carbs and feeling a bit low, but then its back to day 1 again, and you can get a miniature carb load for the week ahead.

Might be worth a try.

#429268 - 08/21/10 12:14 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Thanks Cord; appreciated as always.

#429319 - 08/23/10 01:00 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Not able to workout tonight as today is my 24th Anniversary. This isn't our marriage anniversary but when we first started dating. Our wedding Anniversary is October 12th and will be 19 years.

Like weight lifting and staying fit, marriage is no different; you have to work hard and continually change things up to keep it growing.

So tonight I will be taking my wife out for a nice supper and enjoy the evening together. Tomorrow back at if for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as Friday I'm scheduled for the RC and then Saturday is UFC 118 and having some buddies over.

#429321 - 08/23/10 01:21 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Congrats Bro' cool 24 years eh? Just think, if you had killed her on your 1st date, with good behaviour, you would have been released by now grin

Agree with you on your observations re marriage. The wedding day is not the end of a successfull courtship, it is merely an indication that you are on the right track and show promise wink

As for matters more gym related (so much simpler), I am now 1 week into the pro-hormone cycle. Have to say that so far things seem encouraging. My work shirts already feel noticebaly tighter in the upper body, and whilst my lifts have not increased to any degree, I am not fading as I progress through the exercises, and feel fresh and able to do more where I know I should feel rinsed.

Side effects so far include an acne break out on my back and shoulders - not crazy bad, but different to normal. I am also definately more 'amped' and I can feel I am more prepared for my naturaly assertive nature to escalate. No actual mood swings or outbursts, just a sense of 'readiness' for conflict.
Also been sneezing due to occasional tingles in my nose, which I am attributing to spikes in blood pressure, though I must confess that is supposition, as I have no monitor.

So, a spotty back and spoiling for a fight - I feel like I am 16 all over again.

#429327 - 08/23/10 05:41 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Breaking out on your back; that is nothing as I do that from time to time due to sweating; more so in the summer months. For the most part though I have pretty clean skin.

Keep the info coming as this stuff seems to be very aggressive stuff from all that I'm reading. Almost sounds like steroids itself.

#429388 - 08/25/10 06:23 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Another update. I have been experiencing higher then normal BP (Blood Pressure) rates. This I believe is from the Creatine as this can be a side affect. I will have to watch this carefully as I already have hereditary high blood pressure that I monitor. If persists I will see my doctor and/or stop with the Creatine.

#429425 - 08/26/10 04:29 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Hey Dereck,

Do you think taking the creatine is worth it? Especially with that side affect of raising your blood pressure?

#429426 - 08/26/10 05:03 PM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: JasonM]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Absolutely not.

I regularly keep track of my BP and have for over a year now. I also routinely visit my doctor as we keep track of it especially since my Grandfather died of a heart attack and sadly my Father did months ago. I eat healthy as possible, don't add salt to anything, not over weight, don't smoke, drink very rarely and exercise hugely. But unfortunately I cannot get around being male, over 40 and genetics. I can do everything right and still have problems.

in this case I know that when your body is at "rest" is the most important time to take your BP because if you BP is high then you have some real problems. I take mine 2 times a day, once in the morning and once after work. After work is always higher but with proper breathing I can get it down but recently I've had high readings on both though this morning I was okay.

I am going to watch this for the next couple of days and if persists then I will stop taking them. I do have another regular scheduled appointment for next week so will discuss also with my doctor. Thanks for your concern.

#429440 - 08/27/10 03:19 AM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Dereck, I would be wary of over-monitoring your BP over the next week, as you could easily develop 'white coat syndrome' which is basically a situation where you get stressed about your BP, so it spikes when you test it.
My advice for what its worth, is to distract yourself as best you can and not think about it for a few days, then sun or mon morning, have the monitor by the bed, and test your BP as soon as you wake up. Remain lying down with the arm resting at your side. This will give you your 'true' BP with no stress elevating it. Take all readings to your doc next week.

Also, have you considered plant sterols for LDL cholestorol management? With hereditary heart desease in the family, it may be an adviseable dietary supplement.

I think we have discussed this before, but creatine does not agree with me one bit, so looks like the similarities between us continue my brother from another mother wink

Keep safe dude, and let us know your updates.

#429448 - 08/27/10 09:30 AM Re: Creaky Old Mods Journal [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Thanks Cord, I am going to try not doing so for the next short while. I have in the past had the white coat syndrome, in fact everytime my doctor or somebody goes to check it I get it. In fact my 17 year old daughter does as well.

Thanks for the advise.

Page 59 of 67 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66 67 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga