FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#432869 - 06/18/11 08:44 AM David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Easily the biggeest heavyweight boxing match in a decade, David Haye vs Wlad Klitschko is only 2 weeks away. There does seem to be a little needle between them. They are both tremendous athletes, which is rare for a heavyweight fight in this day in age.

David Haye:

Wladimir Klitschko:

Any thoughts on this fight?

#432887 - 06/20/11 05:47 AM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
By staying in Germany, and fighting carefully chosen past their prime, or journeyman oponents, the Klitchko's have killed heavyweight boxing as a spectacle for the span of the current millenium. They are paper champions.

That is not to say they are without skill, but they have strolled unchallenged for so long that they are effectively 'ring rusty', and in no way prepared, nor equipped, to deal with the mobility, speed, and power of Haye.

As with any contest, there are no certainties, but I have a no doubt that Haye will finish Wlad in under 5 rounds, providing he doesnt make sloppy mistakes. If he fights like he did against Valuev, then Klitchko will have absolutely no asnwer to him.

#432888 - 06/20/11 07:27 AM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Cord]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

I agree with that assessment. Despite his poor opponents, Wlad is probably the hardest puncher David has faced. That said, I think David is too fast to get caught with much.

At the same time, David is possibly the hardest hitting opponent Wlad has ever had to face. Wlad's punch resistance isn't great, he's been knocked down something like 9 times in his pro career. In his defense though, he has shown heart and stamina to get back up on many occasions. Against Samuel Peter he was down 3 times but got back up each time and eventually won the bout(see above clip).

David has also shown he can travel well. He beat Mormeck in France and Valuev in Germany, so going to Germany again won't phase him.

Thing is though this may be Haye's last fight. He plans to retire by his 31st birthday in October. With Vitali Klitschko scheduled to fight in September, this might be Haye's last fight.

#432889 - 06/20/11 08:27 AM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
I really dont think it will be his last fight. His post-retirement plans are centred around a hollywood career, and to do that, he will need to bring Heavyweight Boxing back to the USA, and win a few exciting big fights there, or there will be no draw or incentive for Hollywood to give him film roles.

I also remember him saying a few years ago, that he trained BJJ for flexibility along side his boxing, and would love to become the first heavyweight champion in boxing and MMA.

He has to beat Wlad first for any of his futures to happen though.

#433040 - 07/02/11 10:26 AM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Cord]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Putting my head on the chopping block here but Haye to win by KO. Going round to a mates house to watch it, should be awesome!

#433042 - 07/02/11 06:16 PM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Prizewriter]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!

So much for Klichko being a paper champion.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#433043 - 07/02/11 07:12 PM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Stormdragon]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

Just back from watching it. So much for my prediction! Klitschko was a class above. He made Haye look ordinary. No doubt he is a legit heavyweight. Many people have said Wlad wouldn't make it in any other heavyweight era. I don't think that's true especially after this performance. He showed excellent technique, poise, chin, heart and he completely nullified a top quality opponent. The only criticism I would have is that I think if he wanted to he could've KO'd Haye.

As for David he didn't look himself, but then Wlad's tactics may have played a large part in that. Not exactly a great fight but as Stormdragon said it's hard to question Wlad anymore.

Edited by Prizewriter (07/02/11 07:17 PM)

#433045 - 07/02/11 09:44 PM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Prizewriter]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
I still don't think Klitch would be a top heavy in any other heavyweight era. Tyson had way better head movement and power then Haye, Foreman hit much harder and was much bigger (while Klitch doesn't have the skills Ali had), Ali played Klitch's game better then Klitch, Frazier probably could have handled him as he also had better head movement then Haye and hit much harder, I think even Marciano or possibly Dempsey could have taken Klitch. I'm not sure about Holyfield but maybe. Haye is great for this era but a lot of past heavies used his or similar styles and did it better and Klitch couldn't finish him (precisely because Haye has unusually good head movement for today's heavies).

Edited by Stormdragon (07/02/11 09:46 PM)
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#433047 - 07/03/11 05:28 AM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Stormdragon]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

I think he would've given anyone a run for their money:

Tyson - Ok, I think a prime Tyson would beat Klitch, but then again IMO I don't know if ANYONE would've coped with Tyson in his prime (including Ali).

Frazier/Marciano - Too small. If a 6'3" 210lb David Haye was too small, a 6' 205lb Frazier would struggle, and a 5'11 187lb Marciano would've been destroyed.

Foreman - Possibly yes. I think Klitch is a better athelete though and has overall better stamina but Big George was terrifying in his prime.

Dempsey - No chance. Dempsey was a brawler. He had no finesse at all. For all Tyson's ferocity, it was based in a rock solid foundation in boxing principles. Gene Tunney, a 6' 190lb ex-marine (and one of the forefathers of modern boxing) was able to totally out-think and outbox Dempsey. A 6'5" 240lb master tactician like Wlad would've destroyed Dempsey. Dempsey thrived in an era of brawlers and tough guys. Once Tunney and others like him started introducing an art and science to boxing, it hearlded the end for guys like Dempsey.

Back to 2011, it looks like it could be the last fight for Haye. There doesn't seem to be anyone left for the Klitschko brothers to fight at the moment.

#433048 - 07/03/11 11:02 AM Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko [Re: Prizewriter]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Wlad just neutralised haye. The guy couldn't do anything. The tactics he used against valuev were fine for a limited boxer, but Wlad has a bit more to him.

Two questions though, 1) How come Haye kept falling down... was he praying for a miracle?

2) At times it looked like both boxers were fighting one handed. On at least on occasion Haye was wide open for a good left and it looked like Wlad could have given it no danger... but didn't. have i just been watching Rocky too much or is this a tactical lack on W's part?

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga