FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 8
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 2
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Recent Posts
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
Yesterday at 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432477 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#431724 - 03/14/11 12:17 PM Bullied child fights back...
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

... and apparently gets suspended. It seems legit. Hard to know the whole story though. Whatever else happens, I don't think that little a-hole who started it in the clip will walk up to the bigger kid and punch him in the face again:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=83e_1300115815

Youtube removed the footage, so replaced with alternative working link.

Edited by Cord (03/14/11 02:55 PM)

#431726 - 03/14/11 01:16 PM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: Prizewriter]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
That is literally the most beaufiful thing I have ever seen on camera.
I was a fat kid, and got bullied when very young to the point where my parents moved so i could go to a new school. The new school seemed much better, but by the end of my 1st week, a mean little 'cool' kid (Chris Hansen- never forget his name), said he was going to fight me if i liked it or not. Sure enough, breaktime on friday came around, and so did Chris, in a circle around us. He punched me in the face, and I just snapped, grabbed a big lump of masonry from a crumbling wall, and beat him senseless with it. You could have heard a pin drop in that yard. Teachers had my parents in, and were talking of expulsion, but fair play to Chris, he manned up (as manly as an 8 year old can get), and said he had started it. He was just bruised up, so it all got forgotten, and that was the last time i got bullied.
I wish I had it on camera back then, and I am very proud of the kid in that clip cool

#431727 - 03/14/11 01:51 PM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: Cord]
Matakiant Offline

That was a bit hilarious to watch (excuse my love for enjoying seeing punks get hurt) but the defender being punished does not surprise me at all.. Having been through similar things through much of my school life it was the same for me.

Students form a ring of defense followed by the hysterical parents, who are understandably upset that their kids are hurt but I must say often the parents of bullies and alike are not much different either.

It's also not very uncommon for even teachers to be somewhat involved on the negative side.. My first class teacher sure did hate me ''little monster'' I was to her of course when I lost it chairs would fly so making it look like I was just a ''troubled child'' who ruined the class atmosphere was easy.

It's simply easier for the school to blame it all on one kid and it that case it's pretty much always the victim that takes the crap.

Even when 5 kids would end up fighting me somehow I was, for years, always the one who started it.. Only thing that saved me from being expelled was that my mother didn't take for that [censored] and I was a straight A student..

Anyway I hope that kid gets through this and gains the confidence needed to stand up for himself every time.

#431729 - 03/14/11 06:02 PM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: Matakiant]
Prizewriter Offline
Professional Poster

I imagine the school were looking out for their own interests by being seen to take action against the bigger kid in the clip. Moral rights and wrongs of the thing usually don't come in to it unfortunately.

Thanks for updating the link Cord.

#432245 - 05/01/11 10:37 AM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: Cord]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I never get tired of watching that vid.

Wow @ dave..y ou were bullied. Is that what got you into lifting? I was bullied to an extend and sure enough that got me into martial arts. Also, I was fat as a kid too but then I grow into my body and things changed. smile

#432250 - 05/01/11 11:47 AM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: JasonM]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Funny how many of us in MA were bullied kids. I was bullied for years as well. I was a big kid but scared of my own shadow. As an adult I look back at all the times I didn't fight back and realize how easily I could have won if I had only stood up for myself.

But, that early humiliation became motivation later. So I actually am thankful for the experience. Beyond the fighting, which MA helped me cure by giving me the confidence to fight back finally. A pretty cool story actually. But in life in general. Now, I seek out the bullies and fight back (not physically but in business environments) Those same behaviors happen all the time in the adult world too, and even though it's not fists being thrown, some people try to lord over others they see as weaker, and I relish in singling them out and calling them on their BS.

I'm proud of that kid, hopefully what he learned is that he can hold his head up and not have to tolerate abuse, without having to actually hurt the offender to win the day.

#432253 - 05/01/11 05:00 PM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: Kimo2007]
gojuman59 Offline

Loc: Missouri
It's amazing how when we build our confidence how bullies usually leave us alone. Bullies really are just cowards. They build themselves up by intimidating others. I only wish I had the opportunity to do MA when I was a kid. It would have saved me from some bad situations.

Mark

#432255 - 05/01/11 05:11 PM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: gojuman59]
choonbee Offline

I was lucky in the fact that I was rarely bullied as a kid.
In one of the few instances that I was bullied, some older friends of mine who knew what was going on took me aside and showed me some things to do to the bully, and psyched me up to a near frenzy.
The next time this particular bully hassled me, I went ballistic and destroyed him in front of his friends.
The best part of that was there were other kids who this person had bullied, and after my run-in with him, a few other kids got some courage and took their revenge also, and the former bully took some beatings.

#432505 - 05/27/11 06:25 AM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: Prizewriter]
berrymaniex098 Offline
Stranger

how nice article is that..

Please remove the advertisements from your signature. Thank you.

Edited by Zombie Zero (05/27/11 02:38 PM)
Edit Reason: ads

#434546 - 01/28/12 06:36 AM Re: Bullied child fights back... [Re: berrymaniex098]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
I was bullied quite a bit as well. I was always into martial arts just because they fascinated me from a young age but being bullied is what got me into it with real seriousness. I was a fat kid who got bullied (and was kind of an outcast all around) and it destroyed my sense of confidence and martial arts picked it back up. That video almost brings tears to my eyes.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga