FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
simonajones111 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#432068 - 04/13/11 10:18 AM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Originally Posted By: Cord
Originally Posted By: BrianS

I refuse to visit or be a big part of a board whose political and religious views are opposite of mine. I can argue for a while, but it wears me out.

With respect Brian, this is precisely why the rules on religious and political discussion exist - so that people need not feel excluded, and can share their excellent martial art knowledge and experience in an environment devoid of unnecessary factors that focus on our differences, not our bond in the love of the arts.

If you think about it, the people on here that offered you heartfelt support and friendship during your troubles, are now the liberals and heathens you no longer feel inclined to interact with. That only came about because of the experiment to relax the rules on religion and politics frown

Yes, that's very true, but when I spoke my religious views I was mocked and attacked. I'm not putting myself out there for that anymore.
Martial arts is not my primary motivation for life, it's not a priority, just a priveledge I enjoy. My religious views (if you want to call them that) are my priority. I don't like political discussions at all though.
i'm not saying I don't like you guys or I'm better than you guys, you all know me better than that.
I'm saying that when the site got involved in politics and religion, the more liberal mods took that over. I'm not comfortable with that, so why subject myself to bickering with friends?
The site took a turn for the worst when:
1. politics and religion were unleashed
2. they changed the format and now it's hard to look at and navigate
3. advertisements pasted all over........really....

#432071 - 04/13/11 01:30 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: BrianS]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
[ Yes, that's very true, but when I spoke my religious views I was mocked and attacked. I'm not putting myself out there for that anymore.

Again, this is the problem with religious discussion, faith is so intrinsic to who we are, that to question someone's religion, seems to be to question the validity of the person themselves. You and I locked horns on this very subject, but it was certainly never my goal or intent to mock or attack you. You are someone I respect and like greatly.

Quote:
when the site got involved in politics and religion, the more liberal mods took that over. I'm not comfortable with that

And you must acknowledge that hardline, somewhat literal christian interperetation of life can put forward views on cultures, and orientations that present an unwelcoming environment for a majority of global internet users who may otherwise wish to share in the site.

Again, this highlights why religion and politics have been so heavily censored on the site - martial arts discussion is just that, and under the rules, a westboro baptist, a muslim, a homosexual and an atheist should be able to discuss their insight and passion for the arts on equal terms. That was the goal of the site when the rules were set.

#432072 - 04/13/11 01:33 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: Cord]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
I think I'd ban a WBC member on sight, just on general principle, and for the good of this site.

(they're known litigation baiters)

#432074 - 04/13/11 01:47 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: Zombie Zero]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Zombie Zero
I think I'd ban a WBC member on sight, just on general principle, and for the good of this site.

Was just used as an extreme for purpose of making the point - and I would also say that, providing a WBC member respected the rules of the site, we would never know they were a member of that church, and could just talk martial arts, the purpose of the site in the first place.

#432077 - 04/13/11 03:06 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: Zombie Zero]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: Zombie Zero

I think I'd tie them to a cactus and kick them in the junk until they pass out, then I'd shoot em. wink

#432078 - 04/13/11 03:07 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Originally Posted By: Cord
[ Yes, that's very true, but when I spoke my religious views I was mocked and attacked. I'm not putting myself out there for that anymore.

Again, this is the problem with religious discussion, faith is so intrinsic to who we are, that to question someone's religion, seems to be to question the validity of the person themselves. You and I locked horns on this very subject, but it was certainly never my goal or intent to mock or attack you. You are someone I respect and like greatly.

Quote:
when the site got involved in politics and religion, the more liberal mods took that over. I'm not comfortable with that

And you must acknowledge that hardline, somewhat literal christian interperetation of life can put forward views on cultures, and orientations that present an unwelcoming environment for a majority of global internet users who may otherwise wish to share in the site.

Again, this highlights why religion and politics have been so heavily censored on the site - martial arts discussion is just that, and under the rules, a westboro baptist, a muslim, a homosexual and an atheist should be able to discuss their insight and passion for the arts on equal terms. That was the goal of the site when the rules were set.

I don't have to acknowledge anything, but I likeand respect you too Cord. grin

#432080 - 04/13/11 04:49 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: BrianS]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
I like your thinking Brian, but I'd rather drop them into the middle of Baghdad with "I LOVE THE USA AND JESUS" tattooed to their backs (no shirt on).
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#432311 - 05/05/11 03:46 PM Re: Censorship of the board [Re: Stormdragon]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
The reason the site is managed by Mods is so that it doesn't deteriorate into a slanging match about xyz political/religion/whatever and so that it more or less stays on topic - which of course is Martial Arts.

The site is a world wide thing and is not limited to citizens of USA. I for one have no idea what most of you are talking about in the political side of things, have no idea what the US constitution is and don't actually care or are interested in it.

Lets try to keep it on the Martial arts theme with occasional diversions into whatever you like but cut out the verbal slanging matches! wink

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga