FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Tomsmithh, exofozulo, Sumit, vick, sitpholek
23090 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MassPadawan 2
vick 1
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
New Topics
Looking for an Arnis coach
by vick
02/07/17 02:35 AM
Philosophy of Martial Art
by jackharrel
01/10/17 07:25 AM
Pregnancy and training
04/23/06 02:31 AM
Recent Posts
Pregnancy and training
by MassPadawan
02/08/17 01:37 PM
Philosophy of Martial Art
by MassPadawan
02/06/17 06:08 PM
Forum Stats
23090 Members
36 Forums
35673 Topics
432696 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#430406 - 10/10/10 03:02 PM Personal Fitness and MA instructor (UK)
Landus Offline

Registered: 12/28/05
Posts: 373
Loc: UK
I've always wanted to be one and I would be good at it, but whilst researching I found I may need a REP (license?) which I can only get after completing a course... which can cost 3000.

I hate the most part of the UK's education system and I am loathe to do this course. I see another option of becoming one 'one the quiet'. I understand the implications of getting qualifications because it is a job with resposibility due to its nature. I want to bypass this, and be ready for this summer to launch a business from it. I'm not talking about becoming a doctor. I welcome any help/critism on what I am trying to achieve, I also half-expect to be pulled down and told I should get the qualification.

Perhaps I'm missing a bigger picture somewhere.. insurance or anything?

Thank you for any help

#430549 - 10/19/10 03:40 PM Re: Personal Fitness and MA instructor (UK) [Re: Landus]
TaekwonDoFan Offline

Registered: 01/23/10
Posts: 271
Well, I live in Canada, and, while I hated the high school, I loved the university system. I would say that, if you're going to teach physical exercise and, especially, if you're going to teach children, you should get some education in that area.

#430588 - 10/21/10 08:43 AM Re: Personal Fitness and MA instructor (UK) [Re: TaekwonDoFan]
Landus Offline

Registered: 12/28/05
Posts: 373
Loc: UK
I agree with you on that level but I intend on training 16/18+ year olds. I intend on educating myself for the most part through practice (not solely internet-based) and wouldn't offer any services until I felt confidence in my knowledge/ability. I don't want to stray into the education debate, but I'm at uni now studying photography, and I really don't need this course to start a business.

I've since found that I could attain public liability insurance and have clients sign a contract identifying me as a 'personal coach' type character and it would work as 'helping a friend'.

Thanks for your feedback taekwondofan


Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Only $89

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!


Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga